PDA

View Full Version : A Little Light Why Women Shed Their Bras

janelle
10-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Hi all, with me being put on 3rd shift i have learned alittle of the things most GG don't like........BRAS. I have been wearing one everyday day now for 3months & like i said i was put on 3rd shift so when i come home Friday morning i stay dressed(under things) & usually put on some fem jeans or adress or a skirt until the wife is about to come home. Well when i change back i leave my bra & panties on but you know when you put that bra on at noon on Thursday & its doesn't come off til 10pm..... . Well i think you see what i mean. I understand why they come home sometimes & take it off, or don't feel like wearing one somedays.
I curtsey to all you GG, & pray that i can be worthy of just coming close to being as good wearing mine as you do.
:love: Janelle

Amy Hepker
10-28-2006, 11:33 PM
I have one Bra that I wear under my regular clothes when I am working, it is a pushup Bra with lace on it. That Bra does itch and reminds me that it is on. But I would love to be able to. It would be a previlege to do it, to me well worth it. I do wear one everynight. I would love to wear a corset Too.

trannie T
10-28-2006, 11:44 PM
They claim that most women wear the wrong size bra, this is probably also true of us. I have a few that are comfortable to wear and many that are annoying after a few hours. Undrewires can be torture, the straps never stay put and I'm wearing a bra for the fun of it?

Billijo49504
10-29-2006, 12:25 AM
I think I know what you mean. When I wear a underwire bra for more than 24 hours, it get's a bit much. But for the first 23 hras, it just disappears. I really don't realize that I have one on. But I wear a bra every day....BJ

Stephenie S
10-29-2006, 12:29 AM
A bra is not meant to uncomfortable. If it is, it's the wrong size or the wrong style. Finding the correct size and style bra is difficult but not impossible. I spent many years wearing the wrong size. Having breasts helps also. Bras are not designed to fit the average male chest. I did not find a comfortable bra until I got proper weighted breast forms. The weight of the forms holds the bra down and it does not have to be so tight. Also price is a consideration. The more it costs, the more comfortable it is likely to be. Of course this isn't a hard and fast rule, but there is a lot of truth in it. A cheap bra is gonna feel cheap. My wife once bought a bra for $125. I was appalled, but she said it was the most comfortable bra she had ever worn. I find that with the proper bra I often can forget I have it on.

Keep trying. Use the size charts only as a starting point. You can always take a bra back for exchange if for some reason you can't try it on in the store. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of bras out there. There's one that's right for you. Think of all the fun you can have looking for it!!

Lovies,
Stephenie

Billijo49504
10-29-2006, 12:48 AM
Hey Stephine, I know what you mean. I was sized several times at Lane Bryant. I do like the shear waer bras, they are my favorite. But they quite making them. But I have a gunch of them....BJ

Robin Leigh
10-29-2006, 02:00 AM
You can always take a bra back for exchange if for some reason you can't try it on in the store.

Really? I'm pretty sure that here in Australia underwear may not be returned for health reasons.

I've often worn a bra for more than 24 hours, sometimes up to 36 hours, with no problems. But the other day I wore an underwire bra with my new forms for about 12 hours, and by the end it was killing me! I did have it pretty tight though, because the forms weren't attached. The elastic is a bit old on this bra, and I didn't want the forms to slip out.

Robin

Billijo49504
10-29-2006, 02:07 AM
Robin, wouldn't that be embarresing, to have a "pop goes the booby!" OK, so whio says that I'm sane....BJ
ps. I'm tired. But I'm up with a sick pet dog.

sandra-leigh
10-29-2006, 02:25 AM
You can always take a bra back for exchange if for some reason you can't try it on in the store.

Most of the chain stores here absolutely refuse to exchange or refund bras (unless there is an obvious manufacturering defect.)

A lingerie store owner here told me quite clearly that there is no law prohibitting exchanges of bras here. There are laws about exchanging anything that would normally touch the genitals, such as underwear and swimsuits, but those laws do {I]not[/I] apply to bras here. But the chain stores here insist that they will not take them back, and often hand-stamp a "no refunds or exchanges" mark on the receipt to emphasize the point. They aren't legally required to accept a refund or exchange of anything that wasn't defective, so there is no use in complaining about the policy.

At least one of the lingerie store owners here won't accept refunds or exchanges either. She won't allow try-ons of NuBras either (and those things are expensive.)

But some of the owners (like the first one I mentioned) say clearly to customers, "Take it home and give it a try, and if you don't like it, you can bring it back." That first one pointed out that a bra is really no different than a shirt in terms of hygeine, and the chain stores will take back shirts "100% satisfaction guaranteed".

Anyhow, check out local laws and check out store policies before buying an bra you aren't prepared to give away or throw out. Laws and policies vary.

(And even then, policies writ on the walls in big letters, are sometimes ignored for "good customers", so ya never know...)

Robin Leigh
10-29-2006, 05:38 AM
Robin, wouldn't that be embarresing, to have a "pop goes the booby!" OK, so whio says that I'm sane....BJ
ps. I'm tired. But I'm up with a sick pet dog.

Yes. It actually happened to me once on a late-night stroll when I was wearing water-filled balloons with a soft cup bra. :eek: Fortunately, nobody was around & the balloon didn't break, but when I hurriedly bent down to pick it up, my old loose wig fell off. :eek: :eek: Good thing I've practiced putting on my wig without a mirror! I've never worn water balloons since. :D

Sorry to hear about your sick dog & hope he gets better soon, Billijo.

Robin

Lanore
10-29-2006, 05:58 AM
A bra that fits well is like not having one on at all. I'm not crazy about the underwire, however I do have a few. I like the soft cup with on undrwire. I have my own boobs, so, sometimes I have to wear a sports bra so they don't draw too much attention when I'm working in the public. Again, a bra that fits good is like not having one on at all. It did take some time to really find the style and brand that fit me well but it was worth the wait. And after wearing one all day, it feels good to give my girls a break.

Lanore

Iniquity Blonde GG
10-29-2006, 06:04 AM
yes ( blush :rolleyes: ) ive NEVER worn one. me & bras just dont get on lol !! :rolleyes: my shoulders are little so straps keep falling down, which can be quite embarrassing when shopping leaning over freezer for pkt of frozen peas !!! and half of time ya trying to cling on for dear life to ya bra !!!!:sad: lol
i prefer the "slogga" tops, which give me same support and look that a bra would. although when i do a nice bra i would love to purchase it to feel good, but know its a waste of £'s lol coz straps would fall.
*sigh* arrh well...... just make sure i dont run for bus lol :p
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Robin Leigh
10-29-2006, 07:56 AM
Hi wickedblonde! Good to see you're a certified GG now. :D

my shoulders are little so straps keep falling down, which can be quite embarrassing when shopping leaning over freezer for pkt of frozen peas !!! and half of time ya trying to cling on for dear life to ya bra !!!!:sad:

I'm sorry to hear that, WB. :sad: A girl should be able to wear a nice bra if she wants to.

Please forgive my cheekiness in offering bra advice to a GG. :heehee: I'm rather familiar with this particular topic. :) Many CDers that don't use proper weight breast forms also have big problems with bra strap slippage. Even though we may have bigger shoulders than a girl, bras are designed to work on the geometry of a female body, not a male body, so our shoulders don't always help as much as you might think.

There are a few ways to stop bra straps slipping. The simplest is a bra that has straps that can be crossed over. To prevent slippage on a non-crossable bra, one method is to link the straps together with a small strap up closer to the shoulders. Or you can use something under the straps that stops them from slipping. This method also stops the straps digging into your shoulders.

You can see both of these methods on this page of bra straps and accessories (http://www.biggerbras.com/bra-straps-and-accessories-clear-straps-bra-strap-extenders-cushions.shtml).

And here is a similar strap slip stopper (try saying that quickly 6 times :)): comfy straps (http://www.thebreastformstore.com/breastform-comfy-straps.aspx).

Robin

Kate Simmons
10-29-2006, 08:07 AM
They shed them because they are a PITA. I'm coming to the same conclusion but if I want to show a little "up front" to make an outfit look good, I have precious little choice. I'll eventually figure out a way though.:happy: Ericka/Rich

Robin Leigh
10-29-2006, 10:16 AM
Hi Ericka/Rich,

If your bra is a PITA, you're wearing it in the wrong place. :heehee:

Sorry, hon, I couldn't resist. :D

:bighug:

Robin

Kate Simmons
10-29-2006, 10:22 AM
Hi Ericka/Rich,

If your bra is a PITA, you're wearing it in the wrong place. :heehee:

Sorry, hon, I couldn't resist.

:bighug:

RobinI couldn't resist laughing at that, Robin. Hey, how the hell DO you put this thing on , anyway?:p Ericka/Rich

Angie G
10-29-2006, 10:40 AM
My wife don't fancy me in a bra she don't mind me wearing a cami but I hve 2 bras 1 water bra & 1 strapless and love them both :hugs:
Angie

Scotty
10-29-2006, 11:20 AM
I wear a bra now anytime I'm doing anything ph ysical, I've got one light black sportsbra that I favor over the rest as it's so soft, mostly cotton.

I can wear that one all day but my new non-underwires (A cup) get a bit itchy, maybe I need to wash them again and run them over with the car a few times :D

I prefer sports bras now, bouncing up and down stairs used to be uncomfortable when they were growing, seems to have settled out now.

Robin Leigh
10-29-2006, 06:28 PM
I couldn't resist laughing at that, Robin. Hey, how the hell DO you put this thing on , anyway?:p Ericka/Rich

I'm glad I made you laugh, Ericka! :happy: Laughter isthe best medicine.

I was once dressing for a school play, using a strapless bra. I put it on upside-down. The makeup ladies thought it was very funny. :o I just said, "I'm a boy, how am I supposed to know these things?" :D

:hugs:

Robin

Stephenie S
10-29-2006, 10:23 PM
It seems a shame that in Australia and Canada you can not exchange a bra. Are you absolutely certain of this? Most clothing is exchangable within a certain length of time as long as the tags are still on, you have the original receipt, and it can be sold as new. Bras are routinely tried on in the store so it is clearly NOT a health issue. It may be an attempt to increase sales, or to harass a male customer. I have NEVER had any trouble returning or exchanging clothing here in the US. I would not shop in a store that refused to allow me to return merchandise that was in saleable condition, but as I said, I have never had that problem. I also worked in retail sales for many years when I was younger and remember exchanging goods on a regular basis.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Shannon CD
10-29-2006, 10:30 PM
Yes. It actually happened to me once on a late-night stroll when I was wearing water-filled balloons with a soft cup bra. :eek: Fortunately, nobody was around & the balloon didn't break, but when I hurriedly bent down to pick it up, my old loose wig fell off. :eek: :eek: Good thing I've practiced putting on my wig without a mirror! I've never worn water balloons since. :D

Sorry to hear about your sick dog & hope he gets better soon, Billijo.

Robin

I've been trying to lose weight lately for a more girlish look (25 pounds so far). I've noticed over the last week or so that my breast forms will sponaneously drop from my 38c underwires. Looks like I have some shopping to do before I go out on the town again.

tall_brianna
10-29-2006, 10:49 PM
I like how they feel - I feel like someone is giving me a big hug :lame:

I do wonder what is the functional point is if you don't have real breasts. I didn't wear one yesterday not out of any fear just didn't care to put one on and had a regular cotton tank on (under my fleece). I think I was drab and dressed simulateously. :)

sandra-leigh
11-03-2006, 02:35 AM
It seems a shame that in Australia and Canada you can not exchange a bra. Are you absolutely certain of this? Most clothing is exchangable within a certain length of time as long as the tags are still on, you have the original receipt, and it can be sold as new. Bras are routinely tried on in the store so it is clearly NOT a health issue. It may be an attempt to increase sales, or to harass a male customer.

In Canada, at least in the province I am in, there is no legal problem in returning a bra, but a number of stores simply refuse to accept them. Sears, The Bay, Zellers, some of the smaller stores: they make it clear at the time of sale that the policy is no returns on bras (or anything else from the same department.) Store policy. The laws in Canada only require stores to accept returns for manufacturering defects or when the item does not do what it was advertised to do ("implied warranty of merchantability" is the legal term). So as long as the store makes the policy clear before the sale, then the only thing the consumer can do is "vote with their feet".

It could be the case that some specific provinces do not permit the return of bras, and that the chain stores find it easier to have a company-wide policy; I don't know if that is the case.

I am certain that returning panties and underwear and swimsuit bottoms is forbidden in Canada -- none of those can even be tried on directly against your skin (but can be tried on over your underwear.) But those laws do not apply to bras, so it is Just One Of Those Things That Some Stores Do. And oddly, the chain stores generally allow bras to be tried on.

(I haven't had the courage to go into a large chain store and ask to try a bra on. I've tried on skirts and blouses in chain stores, but not bras. I have, though, tried on bras at some boutiques. The only time I was refused with respect to a NuBra adhesive bra; the store would have allowed me to try on other kinds of bras, though.)

anilparmar
11-03-2006, 08:24 AM
I had a strong urge to wear bra when I was sixteen. When first time I put it on with a lot of difficulty on one winter night in my varandah, I felt very shy but was also filled with thrill. I covered it with my shirt. The bra was of my sister and it completely fitted me. However, the hooks were locked in such a way that when I tried to remove it, I did not succeed for about one hour. Then I again covered it with my shirt. In the early morning, before being noticed by anyone, with a lot of difficulty I could remove the hooks. Then, when I was twenty, one of my girlfriends compelled me to wear her bra and other clothes. She took away my clothes. I felt very much thrilled but shy also. After a lot of requests, she returned me my clothes. Still I remember it. When I was twenty two, first time I went to the man selling bras. I asked him for the bra. He asked for the size. He was not knowing that I wanted it for myself nor did I want him to know it. Then I told him that it was approx. my size. He then took out the bra and I purchased it and put it on.

LaurenS.
11-03-2006, 09:08 AM
Bras are wonderful! They make us feel so feminine. I love to dress as we all do and look as womanly as possible but what I enjoy as much is the feeling of being a woman. I found a company Lulalu.com that has a good selection of 36 and 38A and AA bras. They look , fit and feel fabulous!! My breasts have become so sensitive and these bras help me to feel heavenly...so sensual. They have several styles, but the bralette is so comfortable and feels so good that you can wear it all day with sheer pleasure. Thankyou Lu laLu!!
Lauren:happy: