PDA

View Full Version : need wig help

kathrynt21
10-28-2006, 07:26 PM
I was wondering if anyone might suggest a good online source for wigs. Please take a look at my pic. I'd love advise on what style would fit my face. Also if you visit my website, there are some glamour shots with a longer reddish wig that Il oved.Comments? All will be appreciated!
Thanks!
Loretta

Louise
10-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Hiya Loretta ..i just checked out your pics .:thumbsup: ..and personnaly i like the straight blonde wig best .. but in Brunette maybe.. i feel the 'permed' .. 'big hair' look ages you a bit :p ..you have a nice face so i would keep the hair shoulder length or shorter even .. but thats just my opinion babes :hugs: love lulu xxx

kathrynt21
10-28-2006, 08:10 PM
LuLu-
Do you like the length of the avatar wig?
think a darker color wiould be better?
I really think I would like something that frames my face and has bangs.

Louise
10-28-2006, 08:19 PM
LuLu-
Do you like the length of the avatar wig?
think a darker color wiould be better?
I really think I would like something that frames my face and has bangs.yes it looks fine Loretta ..but i think a slightly darker/ slightly shorter, wavey 'ish' sort of wig would compliment not distract from your nice features and yes bangs would look fabulous i think honey .. maybe a side parting to would look cool too :happy: love lulu xxx

Rita Knight
10-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Hi Loretta,
Before I give you my opinion, you are going to have to see what works for you considering your budget and personal situation. What works for me may not work for you and vice versa.

As for your avatar picture, I think it is too small for me to make a judgment on the color. I have many wigs in all sorts of colors and coordinate the wig color with the clothing color. I also like at least puffed up hair. Flat wigs look like wigs on me. You might want to consider having your wigs styled if you can keep them on styrofoam heads.

I really like the long brown wig from your professional photo shoot.

As for a good online source for wigs, try: http://www.beautytrends.com/

One last thing. Do you want to "pass" or look good? I do not think I will ever "pass." Too big and too much makeup. However, I know I can look good.

Diane CDN
10-29-2006, 02:43 AM
My advice to anyone looking for a wig without the crapshoot of buying online...buy local, most towns/cities have a place to purchase wigs... try on a dozen or so......don't be dissapointed by a photograph of a model in a wig :)

Di

Billijo49504
10-29-2006, 03:10 AM
I too like the local shopping for wigs. There are 2 types of wig stores, the ones that are eager to do business with us, and the ones that are going out of business soon...BJ

Vash
10-29-2006, 03:26 AM
My advice to anyone looking for a wig without the crapshoot of buying online...buy local, most towns/cities have a place to purchase wigs... try on a dozen or so......don't be dissapointed by a photograph of a model in a wig :)

Di

I couldn't agree with Diane more. My best wig purchase experiences have been when I was in a wig shop buying in person.The thing is,online the photos you see are highly stylized with professional models and never look that way on you. In person you can see how they look in the real world situations. Also if you have a good person working there they can make really good recommendations about what may look good on you

Louise
10-29-2006, 03:40 AM

DiI totaly agree :thumbsup: ..but maybe there isnt a shop local or you just dont have the nerve to do it that way .. then shopping online is the only option:straightface: .. as it is for the majority of the girls on here i would guess ..myself included ...........

sue ellan
10-29-2006, 07:32 AM

Di:iagree:
it can be expensive but i think it is worth the price. the salon that i got mine from styled it to fit my face.
sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes.

Sam-antha
10-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Get yorself to a wig shop otherwise you may be disappointed. Certainly you will not have the best design/colouring and then there is the question of styling, which I bet you cannot do to a private on line purchase, but the wig shop will be only too happy to do to suit your face.
~Samm

Vash
10-29-2006, 03:49 PM
I totaly agree :thumbsup: ..but maybe there isnt a shop local or you just dont have the nerve to do it that way .. then shopping online is the only option:straightface: .. as it is for the majority of the girls on here i would guess ..myself included ...........

Well that is a very good point Louise. I would suggest seeking a place <and I hate to use this term,but> sympathetic to our cause. I don't know where in Northern California Loretta is but I am sure somewhere in San Francisco there would be a place. The thing about finding one, is that you know, no one view you as a freak or degenerate.

Best luck Loretta

Vash

Stephenie S
10-29-2006, 10:41 PM
You won't find a better site than The Wig Goddess at http://www.wiggoddess.com/ . Clare is especially CD friendly and very skillfull at finding just the right wig for you. Her prices are very reasonable and she carries only good quality wigs.

She also runs a makeover and photo service if you are in the area.

Lovies,
Stephenie