PDA

View Full Version : How manny of you regreat not starting sooner ?

MJ
10-28-2006, 08:54 PM
hi i hope you don't mind me asking but How Manny of us here regret not starting sooner ...
I regret the fact that I did not start my cding sooner ...
this may sound strange but as a guy I hated myself... But as Marissa I love her she is the Best thing that ever happened to me.. does that sound odd !!!

So how about you do you regret not starting Sooner ?

Krystenw
10-28-2006, 09:03 PM
I was dressed as a little girl until I started school. Then I wasn't allowed to, then I was forced to as punishment. Later I found a friend to help. Even when in the military I danced and got to wear tights.
I have pretty much been doing this all my life.

DanaJ
10-28-2006, 09:07 PM
I wish I had started sooner, back when I was thin and had lots of hair :) I really didn't start until my 40s, until then I was just afraid to act on the urges....

Amy Hepker
10-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Yes, I do wish that I would've started sooner. Like right after my first wife left me I should have started dressing all the time. I started dressing when I was just a kid of about 7 or 8, but nobody knew. I still do not dress all the time as I wish I could. I do have conflicks inside myself about it.

sarah-smith
10-28-2006, 09:35 PM
I don't wish I started sooner at all. I started when I found out the difference between male and female. since that day I've knew I born with the wrong body!

sindey
10-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Im 21yrs old, and started when i was around about 14.
From when i started, I still get the same feeling, goosebumps and everything, exactly the same. Even when i think of dressing, i get butterflys and that nervous feeling (should i be doing this, even thinking this)? HELL YES!!
I started cause i felt right when i was dressing.
I didnt know it was the right time, it just felt natural and i did it.

I dont mean 2 be seen as naive to anyone of you girls who started later than i did, but i dont regret when i started, it just felt right.

Sindey
-X-

As Edif Piaf said - NON JE NE REGRETTE RIEN

Katrina
10-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Sometimes I wish I started sooner, or rather, accepted sooner. But other times I think that if I accepted sooner, I would probably be farther down the spectrum than just a CDer. I'm not sure if I would be happier there or not.

Eileen
10-28-2006, 09:59 PM
MJ most us girls have a lot of wishes we wish we had gotten to sooner! Oh if only this and that. That is okay, we just need to make the most of our lives from here on. That is what I am planning to do!

Eileen

kayla_cd_va
10-28-2006, 10:02 PM
I didn't start getting serious about dressing until I was almost 40. I put on stockings and pantyhose a few times before but started really trying for the feminine look at almost 40. I don't feel like I'm a real man. I've tried to do the things that we say make a man but I'm not a man, not really. I've fought feelings of being fem since I was a teen. If I had followed my urges as a teen and carried them on through adult years I believe I'd be a happier person.

Kayla

Cristi
10-28-2006, 10:40 PM
I don't know if I could have STARTED sooner (I was well under 10 when I first started experimenting) but I think I would have been more adventurous at an earlier age. I think I could have 'passed' as a teenager if I had had the confidence and a bit of practice with makeup.

Tiffy
10-28-2006, 11:07 PM
I only really came to peace with myself at all in my late 20's. Though I knew I wanted to dress and did on and off once in a great while. But have been dressing to some point daily for two to three years now. And I wish I had reached this point much earlier. Instead of fighting myself. But for once I had to give in and I am happy about that......lol

April Marie

Billijo49504
10-29-2006, 02:13 AM
I started some where in my 20's. And now i'm real close to 60. So I guess I started earlier. I guess I could have started earlier yet, but....BJ

lisa68
10-29-2006, 04:24 AM
The only thing I wish is us being accepted by everyone without any grief. I guess it will take time.

ReginaK
10-29-2006, 05:26 AM
I wish I started sooner. Especially know what I know now.

sue ellan
10-29-2006, 07:22 AM
I wish I started sooner. Especially know what I know now.:iagree:

Kate Simmons
10-29-2006, 07:32 AM
I started from the cradle, I think. My earliest memory is CDing in my Mom's panties. Must be for a reason, huh?:happy: Ericka/Rich

Mary Jane
10-29-2006, 07:59 AM
I regret not starting sooner also. I was 53 before I dressed completely with makeup and wig. Before then I thought thought I was the only man in the world that wanted to wear women's clothes. After discovering many more dressers on the internet I decided I could look as good as some of the pictures I had seen. I wasted many good years but am really quite happy now anyway.

Keely
10-29-2006, 08:00 AM
I 'started' at an early age like most of us. I do wish that I could have been where I am now 20 years ago. But that was before the internet and places like this. I was so alone for so long.:hugs:

Raychel
10-29-2006, 08:13 AM
I don't wish that I started earlier. I started at a young age as did most of us. I do wish that I had grown to accept myself alot sooner. But that is all history now.

Tina Dixon
10-29-2006, 08:17 AM
I wish I had started sooner, back in my twenties would have been nice, can only imagine where I would be today if I had.

Sandi906
10-29-2006, 08:57 AM
Not so much that I "Started sooner" because I started dressing regularly before I started grade school, but I do wish I had found out sooner that I wasn't the only guy on the planet that dressed. Since I got on the internet I discovered that I'm not alone, I'm not a perv, I'm not gay. Wish I had this acceptance of mysely years ago. I grew up in shame, guilt, and low esteme for myself. Oh, to go back and do it all over again. Sandi

Erica4U
10-29-2006, 12:27 PM
What I would give to yurn the clock back! I have been in the closet for over 25 years! The reasons of course are what the impact would have on my family, work and friends! When I first knew I was not only interested in wearing feminine clothes but I knew at age 20 I had to have real breasts! If I would have been focused on who I was at the time rather than a young man who had little positive direction and was a musician who wanted to shag every night, or party! Always though I wanted to be feminine! I wanted and still want to be a transsexual! I have never had relations with a male because I have always been attracted to females. To this day and I am in my early 50s, I want real breasts! The damage that is done by being in the closet for so long is monumental! my current wife of 6 years doesn't mind my dressing up, she even knows of my desires to want real breasts! She also knows and fears the impact it would have! I mentioned to her that I want to shave off my beard. She hated the idea! She says it makes my face look heavier and i am getting jowels. I want so bad to start practicing makeup techniques and I cannot! I mentioned the possibility of getting feminine facial surgery and that was a huge no no! the one that means she would leave me or divorce me! On good terms though! Gee that makes me feel better! If at 20 I began dressing and started a hormone regimen, I would not have to be writing this and I probably would not have high blood pressure, or have to take anti depressants! I hate the way my life is but I have no support and I am controlled by my fears of being ridicules and disowned by family and friends! I would be alone and as Jimi Hendrix once said "Lonliness is such a drag!"

MJ
10-29-2006, 12:45 PM
Erica
thank you for your story. i understand because that happened to me but to your self be true. i am on hrt and i have grown my own Brest's still growing and i can tell you sometimes they are a pain.. and starting to get in the way oh well i got what i wanted but you have found this site and you are not alone welcome you are among friends

tall_brianna
10-29-2006, 12:55 PM
:yt:

...and I too only wish I had accepted it sooner.

psdibe
10-29-2006, 01:18 PM
I agree with Katrina I have been dressing since about 7 and even had a Aunt that helped with some cloths. I wish that I had been more excepting of my self and more open with my wife and family. IF 20 years ago when I as 30+ I woud have enjoied what I know and feel now. Today I would be able to express myself and really enjoy being out.

Hugs PD

Lisa Golightly
10-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Non, je ne regrette rien.

joanne_mi
10-29-2006, 01:45 PM
I couldn't have really started dressing earlier. Unless I would have been clad in pink diapers.

Although, I wish I would have pursued transition in my teens/twenties. I honestly didn't have any idea what was really wrong with me for a long time.

melissaabom
10-29-2006, 01:48 PM
Not me ..I started at age 7 with a pair of nylons ( no pantyhose avaiilable.
i am now 52 and lov my total girl time

Melissa:2c:

princessmichelle
10-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Good question.

"When did this start?" was the first question a psychiatrist asked me.... So to me its an explosive question.

pm

AmberTG
10-29-2006, 02:52 PM
Well, like everyone else here, I've been CDing sense childhood, and like most of us, I had the guilt/shame issues for most of my life. Ive finally accepted myself for who I really am, wish I'd have done that sooner, like 20 years ago. I knew there were a few others like me out there, but I still felt like a freak. I've wanted to transition, at least to some degree, all my adult life, but the info just wasn't available to me. I was going in and out of denial enough to not make the serious effort to find the info, but it kept coming back again. I'm 51 and just starting down the transition road, I can't help but think how much further I'd be now if I'd started after my divorce 7 years ago, much less if i'd started in my 20s. Having said that, I have to look forward, cause I can't go back to then.
So, yes, I wish I'd have started sooner!
Amber

Kathryn Philips
10-29-2006, 03:42 PM
I really wish I had known then (12 yrs ago) how much I need to dress nowadays and how little opportunities I actually have due to my unaccepting wife. Perhaps then I would have made other decisions about how to lead my life.

LindaG
10-29-2006, 03:45 PM
I don;t regreat not starting sooner I regreat not doing more. All my life I thought I was wrong for wanting to wear womans clothes Look what we had norman bates! if you cross dressed you were either nuts or gay. I told my wife yet again I liked wearing womans clothes she did not believe me until she found a bra and panty hose she also saw me on this site. I love to get dressed up as a woman. there wll be no stopping me from wanting me to get dressed as a women. even though I can never A) be a woman and B) when I get dressed I still look like a man. It is just who I am.

Joanna Renee'
11-03-2006, 11:05 PM
i too wished i had started sooner. i had many chances but I was afraid to take the next step. Now as i grow more "mature' i'm glad to come out and let the world see the real me.Take care:love: Joanna Renee'

Chiana
11-04-2006, 12:02 AM
Before I really understood the significance of the difference between boys and girls, I gravitated toward playing with other little girls when I was a pre-schooler. When I was 7 through12 years old, my dad worked for a department store. His job required that he had to work afterhours and when the store was closed. He was the window dresser like the movie "Mannequin". I would always go with him so I could try on all of the girls clothes when he wasn't looking. One time my Mom showed up and caught me. But I never really went all the way, so to speak. But I took every opportunity that I could to wear girls clothes. I had an aunt that I loved dearly. While my parents were quick to deny what must have been obvious, my aunt seemed to want to encourage me. Stupid me. I resisted. I guess I wasn't willing to admit that I was not normal even to someone who had me figured out. One summer, when I was 13 or 14 my aunt asked my parents if I could come spend the summer break with her in another city. My parents gave their blessing but I decided to stay home instead. Somewhere in my pea brain, I think I knew what she wanted to do. But I remember being afraid. Now, many years later, that has to be one of the biggest regrets of my life. It was probably 15 years later before I finally did the whole nine yards. That first time was amazing. I remember looking in the mirror for the first time and I couldn't believe that I was really the girl in the mirror looking back at me.

Barb Valentine
11-04-2006, 12:57 AM
I think starting a the age of 5 or 6 is early enough
But as far as accepted my crossdressing
Six months ago

LindaTS
11-04-2006, 08:50 AM
My mom told me I first discovered myself when I was a little "girl" about 6 or 7 years old so I couldn't have started much earlier. However, I do wish I had found out that I was a TS sooner. I think my life would have been much different and happier.

Angela E.
11-04-2006, 11:04 AM
I couldn`t have started any sooner,I can`t remember a time when i didn`t dress up.I`ve wanted to be a girl from day one.-Angela E.:heehee: :hugs:

nishababe
11-04-2006, 01:27 PM
I dont know exactly what age i started wanting to be a girl as since my earliest memorys I have wanted to be a girl and wear girls clothes so I guess about 2 or 3 years old ?

Love '':heehee: Nishababe uk''

christie
11-04-2006, 03:19 PM
I wish that I would have dressed more in college, it would have been so much easier to join groups and meet others in person. I think that had understood why I dress more and I would have come to terms with myself sooner and had more support and confidence today.

Christie

tifftg
11-04-2006, 03:30 PM
Sometimes I wish I started sooner, or rather, accepted sooner. But other times I think that if I accepted sooner, I would probably be farther down the spectrum than just a CDer. I'm not sure if I would be happier there or not.

tiffany

Lisa Maren
11-04-2006, 08:37 PM
Oh, good gawd, how I wish I could have started at the very beginning. I was using mom"s pantyhose starting not later than age three, but there were never any girls clothes around. I totally wish (now) that one of the girls living nearby when I was a kid would have dressed me up or that I had sisters and more of them so that I could have started earlier. Every time I see a beautiful dress for a young girl I feel so nostalgic and wish that I could have worn such pretty clothes.

:sigh:

Hugs,
Lisa

natasha
11-04-2006, 10:57 PM
I always wanted to start but never had the guts to actually do it. You dont know how bad I wanted to, but things work out as they do. I might not have ended up with the wonderfull family I have right now. So, from that aspect I guess I would have to say things are working out just fine. Who knows what might have changed had I acted on my desires years ago. I didnt really start to dress until I was 41, now 42

suzy
11-04-2006, 11:05 PM
I did!!! I wish that I had started way back when I was young and my skin was tight.....now I'm old, baggy and cranky!:eek:

Clare
11-05-2006, 12:54 AM
It's not so much starting sooner, rather the point at which I actually came to terms with crossdressing itself.

I was into my thirties when i became "comfortable" with my crossdressing, but then I entered a relationship with a GG, so I repressed my urge to crossdress for nine years. Now that the relationship is over, I have returned to my crossdressing with a vengenance and I now know that I am transgender which is substantially more than just wearing femme clothes!

So I wish I had reached this point in life sooner - where i'm happy about who and what I am.

Joy Carter
11-05-2006, 01:01 AM
MJ most us girls have a lot of wishes we wish we had gotten to sooner! Oh if only this and that. That is okay, we just need to make the most of our lives from here on. That is what I am planning to do!

Eileen

Ditto's :D

eleventhdr
11-05-2006, 02:52 AM
I do wish i ahd begun when i was little.

Little girls clothing back then was so cute I wish I had been born i a family that would have accepted this!

Stuff would have been much better if it had been that way but then back in the 1950's that was very kind of hushed up pity really the girls fashions weere so very nu\ice back then oh well.

Just maybe I can yet still wear them now hmmm right!

Jay Suzy!