PDA

View Full Version : I miss my hair

tall_brianna
10-29-2006, 12:44 PM
...and I detest wigs. I use to have long beautiful fine brown (should have died it blond) hair.

I was wondering if anyone has considered hair transplant and how well that holds up the stress of being long?

I think I'm about ready to spend way too much on this narcism. But at least thats something that I can keep if or when the next purge comes ;)

MJ
10-29-2006, 12:56 PM
hi bre
i too have the same problem i found out that reseeded hair holds up very well some times there is a lot of blood loss from the head while transplanting but after a week you should be fine it takes about two sessions to complete.. here in Canada it cost around $5.000.00 depending how bad it is. i am getting my own hair styled at Christmas it is long enough now i will show before and after at that time i am trying to get away with my own if i can we will see.. hugs

Scotty
10-29-2006, 03:14 PM
Is that you in the other picture there?

Thre are alternatives, as seen on TV, not sure how that works.

I have read that Testosterone is primarily responsible for it, I had some of my finer forehead hairs grow back after I took the T-blockers (last year on my long run on them).....but I don't know if they will last or come back out again.

I always get complaints from family "You don't look good in long hair".....so this time I'm keeping it neatly trimmed in a dual purpose hair style, no fuzz on the neck etc so nobody will complain. I intend to grow it this time and NOT cut it. Usually in the summer I cut it short b ecause of the heat......

Is it age related hair coming out? Or did it just stop growing?

AmberTG
10-29-2006, 03:22 PM
Hi Bre, there are some non surgical options, depending on how far you're willing to go. With your minor hair loss (compared to mine) you could probably get it to grow back by blocking the DHT that your body makes as a byproduct of testosterone metabolism. You could try Propecia, it stops DHT and it's effects on your hair follicles, if they're still alive, they'll grow back. There are certain side effects to taking it, but depending on your viewpoint, they might be no problem. If you take HRT, you won't have DHT in your system, but that doesn't help people with a lot of hair loss, dead follicles don't grow back. By your picture, I'm guessing that your hair is just thinning at this point, so It could work for you. Talk to your doctor about it, you need a prescription for it. It's commonly prescribed to men, so you don't have to discuss your "hidden" reason for wanting it.
Amber

tall_brianna
10-29-2006, 03:55 PM
Is that you in the other picture there?

Thre are alternatives, as seen on TV, not sure how that works.

I have read that Testosterone is primarily responsible for it, I had some of my finer forehead hairs grow back after I took the T-blockers (last year on my long run on them).....but I don't know if they will last or come back out again.

I always get complaints from family "You don't look good in long hair".....so this time I'm keeping it neatly trimmed in a dual purpose hair style, no fuzz on the neck etc so nobody will complain. I intend to grow it this time and NOT cut it. Usually in the summer I cut it short b ecause of the heat......

Is it age related hair coming out? Or did it just stop growing?

I think it's age... The picture attached to the first was ~8 years ago and it was already getting too thin on top. It's not completely bald, it just too thinned out to do anything except a Bruce Willis look :) Definitely not what I'd consider a bella figura. But Natalie portman pulled it off nicely. Too bad my head is twice as big as hers. :) Probably from the exploding ego I'm told I have :lol:

-b

Yeah, yeah, I know, me, me, me, narcist, narcist, vanity, bla :)

Julie York
10-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Elton John has several MILLION pounds to spend on the best available in the entire world when it comes to hair technology. And he would happily do so if the result would work. Yet he wears a wig.

Do you need any more hints?

:D

Don't waste your money.

GG Vanya
10-29-2006, 04:03 PM
I've yet to see a hair transplant that doesn't come off looking like a baby doll's hair.

I too have very thin fine hair, and when I diet it falls out profusely. Oddly enough, when my body looks great my hair does not.

There is scientific evidence that being underweight results in hair loss as well.

Tina Dixon
10-29-2006, 04:05 PM
I've yet to see a hair transplant that doesn't come off looking like a baby doll's hair.

I too have very thin fine hair, and when I diet it falls out profusely. Oddly enough, when my body looks great my hair does not.

There is scientific evidence that being underweight results in hair loss as well.
Well I'm not underweight so where did my hair go:Angry3:

GG Vanya
10-29-2006, 04:14 PM
:eek: I'm shocked you didn't come up with the pefect come back!

"I'm not bald, this is a solar panel for a sex machine!"

:tongueout

Tina Dixon
10-29-2006, 04:34 PM
:eek: I'm shocked you didn't come up with the pefect come back!

"I'm not bald, this is a solar panel for a sex machine!"

:tongueout
Really I just rubbed it off on the head board of the bed:p

JennaKnots
10-29-2006, 06:51 PM
I've struggled with it for years. I've had a few transplant proceedures and if you go to the right surgeon, the results can look very natural. But there's very little chance of getting the kind of density you'd want as a woman. For me, it's not enough even as a man. I ended up getting a good hairline in the front and a weave behind it. May not be the ideal situation for all - but it seems to be the most natural looking/easy maintenace for me.

For dressing, I just wear a wig.

Diane CDN
10-29-2006, 06:53 PM
I like to refer to it as "Folically Challenged"...lol !
Androgenetic alopecia is the term used to describe a genetic predisposition in men and women for pattern baldness or pattern hair loss. Hormonal imbalance, illness, immune system disorder, poor blood circulation, Sebum buildup and stress and nervous disorder can all play a part.
I am suprised how many women (read GGs) that suffer from hair loss. I have seen a strong example in Asian and european women recently.
I wear a wig, not my desire but through necessity.
I cringe everytime I see someone so selfishly boast of how wonderful they are because of their natural hair.... some day your body will not be perfect, I just hope a random idiot keeps their trap shut and let misfortunes be just that.

Any hair restoration I've seen was pretty bad, the lotions like Rogain do help but do you really want to rub this blood pressure medication in your scalp for the rest of your life ?
Best wishes for anyone willing to make the investment/time in the name of Vanity.

Diane

MJ
10-29-2006, 09:31 PM
of all the things i miss I miss my mind the most.. your hair maybe to thin to do anything with a good wig might be the only answer you see i have been on proscar for a year and hrt but i see no differance in my hair at all so you like me may have no choice here sorry :love: hugs