PDA

View Full Version : hinting to women?

princessmichelle
10-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Hi,

I often find myself making jokes about being female with women I haven't come out to.

Example: female coworker: "that person didn't call me 'Miss' they just pointed"
me: "I hate it when they just point rather than calling ME 'Miss'"

Example: female friend: "I wore a fancy dress for the first time in a while"
me: "I haven't worn a fancy dress in a while either."

Tehy think I'm joking.

I've noticed I;ve been doing this more lately. Thoughts? Am I alone?

Princess Michelle

joanne_mi
10-29-2006, 01:52 PM
Oh God yes, all the time. They think it's humorous, and I feel like I'm part of their club. A win-win situation. :D

Sandra
10-29-2006, 02:02 PM
Why hint just tell them

Petra1
10-29-2006, 05:16 PM
I've made jokes about me and my wife going as a pimp and 'ho. My wife as the pimp.

AND, I've been making that joke for the past couple of years. Most people thought it would be hilarious. Haven't done it though, because my wife doesn't get Halloween.

She's from another country where they don't celebrate Halloween.

MJ
10-29-2006, 06:29 PM
well said sandra i second that why not just tell them . then they have something to talk about at the office

lahr
10-29-2006, 06:35 PM
Oh Yeah, I do it all the time. I usually say something stupid like I wanna get in your pants and your top and shoes aint bad either. What size do you wear? The ladies laugh their buns off at this crazy behavior and lotsa times I get a hug or a little kiss on the cheek. Although most men find this humor offensive.

KateW
10-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Yeah, I do it all the time too. It's like repeatedly outing yourself through the safety of comedy!

Phyliss
10-30-2006, 03:40 AM
Oh, golly yes I do that quite often.
Just the other evening a cousin of my wife commented about my weight loss and I replied that very soon I'd be able to wear, "That darling mini skirt I've been dying to buy" , as I did a mock twist and twirl while holding the invisible skirt. She laughed and though I was being silly. Wife didn't laugh as hard, I think she "knows".

RachelDenise
10-30-2006, 06:00 AM
I know I have done this many times. It is a way to gauge a reaction from a friend or coworker and maybe give me the courage to come out. I've nbeen toying with the idea witha coworker this week.

Sheila
10-30-2006, 08:10 AM
must admit I occasionally make the odd comment to DH in the presence of others and while we get the joke they remain totally unaware

Jess

Emily Ann Brown
10-30-2006, 08:42 AM
I have done this for a long time now, and I find as long as I smile after the GGs just giggle and seem to love the "sense of humor" I have. GIGGLE

Emily Ann

princessmichelle
10-31-2006, 07:29 AM
Hi,

After so many wonderful responses I want to add a twist:

sometimes I hint to men.

Example: male friend was complaining about shaving.
my response: "well, we could go for electrolysis and estrogen."

So: am I the only one who hints to guys, too?

Princess Michelle

LaurenInDC
10-31-2006, 08:01 AM
I hint to people to a small degree. I agree with RachelDenise in the fact that their reaction can help you decide to take the conversation further. Unfortunately, we still live in a world where the judgements of others can have very, very real consequences for us.

-L

Jillian310
10-31-2006, 10:21 AM
Those that play with fire may get burnt!

JenniferMint
10-31-2006, 01:45 PM
Hi,

After so many wonderful responses I want to add a twist:

sometimes I hint to men.

Example: male friend was complaining about shaving.
my response: "well, we could go for electrolysis and estrogen."

So: am I the only one who hints to guys, too?

Princess Michelle

I've made it clear to some of my male friends that I think it's perfectly normal for a male who doesn't want a beard to undergo laser hair removal. In fact, that's exactly what I started doing before I realized I was M2F.

DianeC
10-31-2006, 02:03 PM
Its a good way of gauging people's attitudes but beware some people will appear to find it funny or even go so far as suggest that they would be cool about some being TG but when they are faced with the reality of someone in THEIR life being TG they can go suddenly cool.

Having said that, I came out at work last year (having been out at previous places of work (some but not all) and at home for years). Apart from some of the girls being initially overly interested I've had hardly any reaction at all, not even some of the banter that I would have expected, I'm almost disappointed.

It's always best to start with the girls though, guys are more likely to get spooked.

Dx

hiprule
10-31-2006, 02:08 PM
I just came out to my roommate (a girl, and sometimes makeout partner).
I'm excited, all I've been thinking about is dressing. We bought a dress at American Apparel for my Halloween costume (I went as Twiggy, on Saturday).

This is how it happened:
We watched Eddie Izzard a couple of weeks ago (I think you know about him). She talked about how attractive she thought he looked, how men in eyeliner are cool etc. I nearly jumped out of my seat. I had given up the thought of ever telling anyone etc.

Then a friend of mine (a girl) was talking about how I had (this was compliment) a gay look, I'm androgynous etc. So my roommate was sort of teasing me about this. I then I just paused and said "I've got something to tell you..."

She was totally cool and we're gonna do things. Go out to dinner, try on clothes etc!!! I can't believe it.

and yes, I do hint things to girls sometimes, never to guys.

I always tell this story (and it's is true):

I had long hair in grade eight, and was kind of baby fat. I used to be mistaken for a girl. When out with my mom salespeople would often say,"Hello ladies..."

Now I'm 6' 4, and skinny, not terribly ladylike. But that story always gets them to say something about passing as a female/dressing up/something like that. And I swear the story is true (I grew my hair so that I would look like a girl).

Oh, and hello, this is my first post. Sorry it was so long.

KateW
10-31-2006, 02:17 PM
Welcome aboard Hiprule! I was lucky enough to meet Eddie Izzard a couple of years ago (my idol!), and he really is a fantastic person.