PDA

View Full Version : From "Glam" to Trousers

Josi
10-29-2006, 04:37 PM
After years of denial I finally accepted myself about 3 years ago.

When I started to dress and meet GG "girlfriends" my wardrobe consisted of "going out" clothes - special occasion stuff - Glam dresses and skirts/tops.
I wouldnt have entertained the thought of anything "ordinary" yet alone trousers. :eek: (Pants for our cousins across the pond).

A little while ago, my SO chatted with me about what women wear .. and helped me to understand that its not necessary to "Glam Up" (as fun as that is) to be and feel feminine.

So if I wanted to reflect "true" aspects of femininity, then my wardrobe should reflect some reality.
It does now. Comfortable clothes and even low heeled shoes !! :rolleyes:

I am being long-winded .. sorry.

My point is .. to my great surprise .. when deciding what to wear for my gig with the Samaritans (see other thread) .. I have decided upon some neat moleskin trousers, and a top. Of course, I will be wearing some ankle boots (have to have a bit of a heel lol).

Now if you had said to me even a year ago that I would feel feminine in trousers I would have laughed in your face ... but actually, when trying out my ouytfits, they felt really good and I liked the look!.:clap:

thea
10-29-2006, 04:54 PM
I understand what you're saying, Josi. In my own behavior, I see a difference between dressing as play and dressing to be. If I'm playfully crossdressing, I'll go for glam and a more feminine-perceived in. But if I'm at an (inner) place where I want to be womanly, I'll wear what I think I might were I actually female. My cues for that are other family members and friends, the people I've lived with and socialize with. That means I'm more likely to wear pants and tops that are more like "school clothes" or "work clothes" than frilly and sexy things. But I don't dress exactly like my cohort--I retain a fondness for denim skirts, for example, but I'll be more conservative in hem length sometimes.