PDA

View Full Version : Obsessed with Dressing

Jerigirl
10-29-2006, 05:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

I often wonder how many of us (mean crossdressers, of course), are totally obsessed with dressing in women's clothes. For me, anyway, my desire to dress as a woman escalates daily. Years ago, I was completely satisfied to wear my (now divorced) wife's underwear. And, that was OK with her for a while until she divorced me. End of that story.

So, many years later, I go out as often as I can dressed fully as a woman. You know, the works, bra, panties, capris, cute hot pink top, heels, wig, makeup, and jewelry. By the way, I look pretty hot dressed up like that. My latest compulsion is to go out dressed and shop at Ross, T.J. Maxx, Mervyn's, Victoria's Secret, and J.C. Penneys. I tried on some really cute bras at Penney's and none of the sales girls had a problem with that.

Well, after a fun-filled day of shopping for undies, bras, and cute outfits (OMG I could go on and on!), I'm to the point I feel I'm pretty passable and confident as a woman. After, all, I'd much rather wear women's clothes anyway. You can't beat the variety. Since I can't go home dressed as a girl, I went to the laundromat to change back into a guy. Fully dressed in women's capris jeans, really cute pink top and jacket, and heels, I dashed into the bathroom (generic bathroom, by the way). Well, the proprietor was there, and I met him face to face. I just sort of brushed off an excuse that I needed to change. He had a funny look on his face, and didn't say anything.

I exited the bathroom, dressed as a guy (with my purse tucked under my arm). Well, the guy said to me, "Uh, would you mind finding another place to change your clothes." I tried to explain to him that it was Halloween and I'd just been to a party. Well, my excuse didn't "fly," because he replied by saying, "It's a little weird, I think." I must explain that I live in a very straight laced community (Salt Lake City, Utah), where I've NEVER seen in crossdresser in public. You might say I'm a square peg trying to fit in a round hole. lol.

At any rate, I'd like to ask you ladies if you know anything about the laws and crossdressing. I plan to do my own research regarding Happy Valley, Utah, but, what are the legal ramifications? Also, I've been in several women's dressing rooms trying on pretty stuff. Is that illegal? Has anyone been "busted" where they live while trying on pretties? Let me know. Your response is appreciated.

Jeri Girl

thea
10-29-2006, 05:18 PM
It's not a good idea to go to a laundromat bathroom to change. It's private property and you're not a customer, you're just using the facilities. I'd suggest you find a taxpayer-supported facility instead or someplace where you give them some business (a restaurant, maybe, for a coffee or soda).

windycissy
10-29-2006, 05:19 PM
The law is different in every state, and I daresay Utah will not be in the vanguard of enlightment insofar as crossdressing is concerned....California recently passed a law protecting the rights of crossdressers, there's a funny story about it called Skirting the Law (http://snurl.com/skirting).

Karren H
10-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Well I've crossdressed many times in Salt Lake City and in Price and never had a problem in either... And I neve thought about the legality of crossdressing but in a religiously conservite state I was concerned about getting caught.. And there are numerous Utah girls here that should know the legal ramafications..

Love Karren

MJ
10-29-2006, 07:27 PM
hi Jeri
glad to know you are having a good time you say you pass well so were is your avatar ? we would love to see and i have never been busted except when wearing a bra lol . but it's different for me being a ts i have a letter of passage so if i get stooped or questions asked i could show my letter it's never happened but i use the woman change room when trying on cloths so as long as you are respectful you should be OK

Jerigirl
10-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Thank you for your comments, girls. I'll take them to heart. The comment about changing in the laundromat makes sense to me. I won't do it anymore. And, when I'm in the ladies dressing rooms, I'm always very respectively. I don't "gawk" at women while they are changing. It's just really fun and exciting for me to change into women's clothes in girly dressing rooms. It's very cool and exciting.

Kisses,
Jeri

shelly gg
10-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Hi Jerigirl. Your outings seem very fun, I know how much I love shopping and trying on cloths. As far as the law goes, there is nothing illegal about crossdressing in any of the 50 states. However, there are some huge ramifications for using a non-generic rest-room or changing room. If caught, whether dressed femme or male, it could lead to a sex-offender charge and you could be put on the national sex offender registry. Here in Michigan that is the case. I worked at a court and it is a pretty serious offense. The law doesn't consider your intentions or the conditions (ie: in the changing room alone, in a private stall or even an individual changing room or rest room.). It is treated as "exposing yourself in a public place" just like urinating in public. Believe it or not, over half of the individuals on the national sex offender registry, that anyone can access for free, are simply there for urinating in public or participating in sexual activity in a parked vehicle and other such offenses. So, please, hon, be careful. Don't let a moment of poor judgement ruin your record or even your life. (Being on the national sex offender list usually results in lost jobs and mistrust by the community)

Krystenw
10-29-2006, 10:25 PM
I don't know about Salt Lake City. But the Malls and Theaters in Provo and Orem have seperate "Family" bathroom facilities. Only had the ocasion to use them one time, but I was sure glad they were there. I was too afraid to use the ladies and no way was I going into the mens.
Some of the places that have laundry facilities in Salt Lake are a little too frightning for me.
I guess that's another reason I just stay home.

Jerigirl
10-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Although I'm very passable, it sounds to me like my trips to the ladies change room to try on clothes are over. I love it, but I sure as heck don't want to end up in the Utah Sex Offender Registary for my actions. But last night, I picked out the prettiest black dress and bra to wear I had actually tried on at Ross, so I'm going back to get them. They have such pretty clothes there. I had them put the dress and bra on hold for me. I look just too girly in them. Pictures will be coming soon.

Kisses,
Jeri

JoAnnDallas
10-30-2006, 12:43 PM
I would say the owner was trying to protect the other customers and at least he was not all bent out of shape about it. Like some others have said, find a more suitable place to change. You might try a gasoline station that has restrooms that are on the outside or if there is a roadside park with restrooms, you might try that. Another thought, is to find an isolated place where you can change in the car. I have a SUV, so I can change in the back of it, since it has private tint on the back windows.

shelly gg
10-30-2006, 09:55 PM
Ladies, I still wouldn't want my SO to risk changing in our vehicle. That is in the same catagory as "sexual acts in public" when caught "indecent" even in your own vehicle. Everyone, please check your local laws. I believe it is best to just go into the mens facilities. It might be embarrasing, maybe even degrading, as I know how all of you ladies are truely ladies. But, it is not illegal to enter a male dressing room or restroom even dressed as a woman if you are genetically male.