PDA

View Full Version : First trip to a cosmetics counter

justtwosexy
10-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Well this certainly didn't start out as a mission to check out makeup but that was how it ended. Had to go and look at a job today so wife an I went for a drive and had quick look at what I needed to see and then proceeded on a tour of the countryside. Found ourselves in local town nearby and stopped at the local mall to get some vitamins that I was out of. First stop into the store is the cosmetics counter and she was totally overwhelmed by all of the makeup that was available. Shoppers Drug Mart had just opened recently there and she had never really paid much attention to makeup before. We perused around for a bit and picked up a few things that we as ladies need for fingernails and eyebrows and after much hemming and hawing about makeup she finally admitted that she really didn't know where to start. Grabbing the proverbial bull by the horns I approached one of the sales ladies and told her that I was interested in some product that might be suitable to disguise my beard. She looked at me and asked why would you want that...I'm a crossdresser say I. Well that stopped her dead. She had to get the other lady over as she did not know where to start either. Like I said...small town. Long story shortened..lol.....we tried various things to find a colour that blended with my skin tones. Wife just hung back and didn't really want to get involved. She was quite uncomfortable with it all which didn't make it any easier for me but she was for it initially. So we ended up with some samples to bring home and try out and the lady did suggest that they have a private room that they can use if I wanted to come back for a full makeover....you betcha...lol.
Obviously there will be discussion in the hot tub tonight about all of this which I am looking forward to yet not but then at least my wife communicates which is the most important aspect of all this.
Just wanted to share this...

Michelle

Charolette time
10-31-2006, 02:59 PM
My first time at a Nordstroms store in the cosmetics area, they were doing free makeup for ladies, I stopped and was watching and the make up lady asked if she could help me, not being from the area I said sure, she asked where my wife was and I said that it was for me, wow the smile on her face, and she said I:ll bet you are a crossdresser, I said yep:heehee: so I sat down in the chair, and she commenced to do a free make up on me, the people walking by slowed down to take a look but nothing was said, I was there about 1/2 hour got the works, eyebrows,eyeliners, lipstick, how to apply on my own, she was real nice about it, the other sales girls were very impressed with how I looked, I just wished that I had my ladies prettys on, I had to go over to the dress area and pick out some thing to wear, I got a nice skirt and blouse, and a new pair of panties and bra ,shoes and pantyhose and a few pieces of jewlery, the free make over ended up costing me almost $100, by the time I was finished, but well worth it, just wish that I had my camara with me, any way I need some more cloths so not all was for not. I stop at the other stores were they do make up but so far not found any one doing them for free, like the first time, Charolette:hugs:

Sandra
10-31-2006, 04:11 PM
Good for you Michelle I hope you got something that will suit you. Most stores are ok with helping with makeup, Nigella just went into a department store where we live and went to the estee lauder counter and asked if they would do a makeover for her, you couldn't have wished for 2 nicer sales assistants. They did ask if she wanted it doing in the store or to use a private room, she choose the store. We have become very good friends with both the girls there and quite often get a few freebies.

Don't forget to post some pics when you've had the makeover :)

Juju GG
10-31-2006, 04:55 PM
Well done Michelle, you must have felt really good and confident to do that!!!!!