PDA

View Full Version : What About Jobs for CD Friendly employers

PTPJen
10-29-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm talking about jobs for CD's that dress occational or often but have an employer that accepts the practice so you don't have to hide it. Meaning that you can waer some fem clothes to work etc. What would be nice is to go to work knowing your not hiding something for your co-workers yet being able to wear some of your fem things and feeling comfortable at work and being a great worker for whoever hires you. Maybe its adream but any employers in the Boston and north area would be great. Jenn

noname
10-30-2006, 03:40 AM
www.gpac.org has a list of CD friendly corporations. I wouldn't take it as a blank check to wear what you want there though. My dad worked for a huge corporation, and they had cd/tg people there. I'm sure it wasn't all roses for them. I remember him commming home and telling us how it was difficult for him to act normal when Bob was at his desk discussing technical documents in a dress. So, I'm guessing, you may be able to get away with somethings in a large corporation, but don't expect to get much promotion. I'm guessing it's more of a policy that would prohibit you being fired based on your self representation. Additionally, I believe in California they can have gender specific dress codes. However, you can not go back and forth. Basically, you pick your gender representation and have to follow the dress codes set forth for that gender. Of course we both know that females can wear anything so.... kind of a mute point there.

Angie G
10-30-2006, 05:36 AM
Pixey good luck hun :hugs:
Angie

Karren H
10-30-2006, 10:13 AM
I'd say that most companys that have a EEO policy (Equal Employment Opportunity) do prohibit discrimination based on gender and sexual orientation but the also have "Dress Codes", written or unwritten. And your local surpervisor and his boss have the right to set "Appropriate Attire" for your job at your location... So Its a real crap shoot. And although they may say they are "CD friendly", you won't know what the tolerences of your boss and your co-workers until after you've accepted the job and worked there for a while.....in my opinion!

Love Karren