PDA

View Full Version : Went for a drive on a cold & windy night

pedalpusher
10-29-2006, 10:23 PM
Well, since I had the night to myself last night, I decided to do my hair, makeup and nails. SO was working night shift so I had plenty of time to have a good time enfemm. I decided on a knee length dress, stockings, and 2 1/2” pumps. I feel and look great and decide to hit the town and take a nice long drive.

I’m cruising along on a long country road, on a cold and windy night with really nobody around and the old 72 Riviera 455 big block is running somewhat smooth. I roll to a stop and am making a left turn, when all of a sudden in the middle of the turn, she (the car) just dies, shit. Now, I had just had some work done to the carb, adjustments, and she seemed as if she was running smooth. Luckily, I am able to coast to the side of the road, something like a median on the side of the road so I am not in the road at this point, thank goodness. I immediately think, well I have my drab clothes in the back seat, but the closest house is like 700 yards away and it is just me and this damn car out here. I decide at this point that I am going to work with this car dressed enfemm and if I eventually need help I really don’t care about being dressed enfemm as I look pretty damn good tonight and can definitely pass. Thank goodness for cell phones!! I turn the key once and am met with a slow, rrrrrrrr. I figure I better put my flashers on as I don’t want to get rear ended while I am trying to get this damn beast restarted. I begin to concentrate now on getting her started, as my pumps begin to do a tap dance on the pedal, tap tap, clack clack, swish swish go my stockings on the leather seat and I continue to be met with a red dash board and a silent 455 under the hood except for the slow rrrrrrr rrrrr in between tries. I begin to panick a little as I feel that I might have flooded it trying to get it restarted.

15 minutes into the deal, a nice man stops and greets me with, “Ma’am is everything ok here”. I feel GREAT as he greeted me as “Ma’am”. I explain to him everything that has gone on with the Riv, and inform him that this thing is temperamental from time to time and that I should be Ok. He waits for me to try it a couple of more times and still nothing except for rrrrrr. I tell him I will be ok and that this car is difficult from time to time and is a “Cold starter” meaning hard to start but that he can keep going as I have a cell if I need further help. I knew I had my jump box with me in case I killed the battery trying to restart it and that eventually I would probably get it restarted and if not could call for a tow. He decides to leave as I have informed him I’m ok and it took about another 15 minutes after he left for me to finally get the old Riv restarted. The best part of the story, I was totally viewed as a “Ma’am” and passed, which felt great. Needless to say, I spent some of today readjusting the carb.