PDA

View Full Version : Advice on coming out

emmerzgurl06
10-30-2006, 12:07 AM
Hello Ladies,

I'm sure you've dealt with many posts such as this before, but I call on you for your advice.

Being a closeted CD, I can no longer take this secrecy. I've taken giant leaps in my beginning acceptance of my life. I know this is something thats never going to stop in my life, and frankly I dont want it to.

When I was 13 my family suffered a tragedy. My older sister passed away suddenly. Having argued with her like most young siblings do, my younger sister and I grew close, and have rarely argued in these past 7 years. She is 20 now and Im 21.

I want to tell my younger sister about Emily. If theres one person in the world I can tell it would be her. I know she wouldnt out me to the world and would keep my secret safe. I'm just fearful of how it will effect our relationship.

Ive told one person in my life, and ever since then, I was always nervous at meeting with this friend face to face. I dont want this to happen with my sister.

I live in Los Angeles and she lives in the midwest, but I'm moving back in a few months and would like to tell her when I return.

I'm looking for advice on how to spring this on her. How do you think she may react? How have others that you have told reacted? I'd love to hear coming out stories, espicially those where youve come out to a sister.

Thanks ladies. I know you will give me some good advice.

Love,
Em

Dixie Darling
10-30-2006, 12:51 AM
I would advise before coming out to ANYONE is to have some creditable documentation readily available for them to read. In the situation you're in at the present time, if you want to come out to your sister BEFORE you move, supply her with some reputable web sites that explain ( as wellas is possible) what heterosexual crossdressing is - as well as what it ISN'T.

Be prepared to answer any and all questions she may have as well as you possibly can. The inevidible first questions are almost always: Are you gay (or bisexual)? Do you want to BE a woman? Do you want to have SRS (Sexual Reassignment Surgery)? As to the question she may ask about WHY you're a crossdresser, there is no definite answer that's truly accurate that you, or anyone else for that matter, can give her.

Dixie -- http://www.geocities.com/senorita_cd

Kate Simmons
10-30-2006, 04:54 AM
You have to be the one who decides when and if you tell her. You need to be totally comfortable with yourself first. If not, you run the risk af partly resenting yourself and who you are if it could damage your precious relationship. Timing is everything and you have to reassure her you will always be the same person who loves her.:happy: Ericka/Rich