PDA

View Full Version : Where do you Shop ?

sissylisa
01-07-2005, 12:17 PM
Hi,
Just wondering where every one shops ?
Allthough I would like to shop at Frediricks, Victoria's Secret, etc., I simply cannot afford all the pricey items.
To be honest, I do my shopping at K-mart, Wal-Mart, and ocasionally go to the Salvation Army Thrift Store where I've found some incredible items at a fraction of the cost !
Kisses,
Sissy Lisa

DonnaT
01-07-2005, 12:19 PM
Anywhere that sells plus size women's clothes. Fashion Bug, Dress barn, Lane Bryant, JC Penney, Hechts, etc. etc.

Wendy me
01-07-2005, 12:57 PM
every were any place that has what you are looking for will do i have paid a lot got things real cheep............it's all in what works

Amelie
01-07-2005, 01:01 PM
I am similar to you. I can't afford Victoia's Secret. If I can't make my own clothes, I shop at thrift stores. I find some different styles in thrift stores, that can't be found in other stores. Also thrift stores are very cheap.
Amelie

Bernadina
01-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Depends on which country we happen to be in. And it has to be sale priced.

Marks and Spencers, BHS, Sears, The Bay, Sally Ann, Value Village, Payless Shoes, and every thrift store we happen to pass.

ChristineRenee
01-07-2005, 04:46 PM
I got most of my shoes at Payless and a large part of my wardrobe at J.C. Penney. I used to order the occasional item from Victoria's Secret or Frederick's of Hollywood, but the last few years anyway I have been more frugal and have been shopping for bargains a lot more at various discount stores.

Love,
Christine Renee

Paula A
01-07-2005, 05:22 PM
well shoes Payless and shoe warehouse.

undergarments - mostly the discount stores - Wal-mart, K-mart and Koels, I find nice stretch jeans there as well and the Make up is less costly there too.

Dresses and Skirts and stuff - E-BAY and thrift stores.

you have to find the bargains where ever you can when you are shopping for two.

Deina
01-07-2005, 07:08 PM
I don't think you can beat Payless for shoes!

As far as knickers, I really like Victoria's, even though they are expensive. Fredericks never seems to have anything that I like, though I have bought a couple bra's & girdles from them.

Other than that, I usually shop Ross, Nordstrom Rack or the K-Marche'. I'm not real big on mail order because I like to try things on before I commit. I've had some things that looked so cute on the rack, but when I looked in the mirror, they just did not work. Another advantage to trying clothes on in the store: if they send me to the blokes dressing room (depending on the store, they split it about 50/50 as to which dressing room the clerk sends me to), but if I have to go to the blokes, I always try to grab one or two super frilly blouses or skirts, just to hang on the 'reject rack' as I leave. ;)

Deina

sherri
01-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Target is good for casual wear. Once you have your size and style figured out, EBay has great deals. Watch the sales at Dillards and Macys. Stockings at Target and Penneys. Wigs at paulayoung.com. Spike heels at snaz75.com. Panties anywhere.

Skirts are easy for me to find, tops are harder.

Megan_Renee
01-07-2005, 08:19 PM
I'm one of those lucky girls who has a very understanding and supportive wife... (she did my makeup and too my pictures... see the thread I started for those...)

Anyway, she and the Mr. (Not Megan, but I really want to look perfect for my first outing) go shopping together... I bought a really nice pair of clearacne shoes (Ok, so not every girl wears a size 11) for $6.47 at some regular shoe stoe... we also shop at 5-7-9...

Luckily I have a really nice butt.. (and that's not just me, but her saying it too!) so I don't need too much padding. -->I don't go to fredricks...

But overall, I look for clearence items... Victoria's has some delightful clearance items! We got a nightie there for $10...

So, I shop the sales... Something I've noticed is that most clerks are oblivious, so I shop where I want to shop. Only one clerk said anything, and I just looked at him and he didn't say anything...

Megan Renee
--,--`--@

Nikki A.
01-08-2005, 02:37 AM
Most GGs don't shop at Fredericks or Victoria's Secret, especially at their prices. Payless is a great shoe store and nobody bothers you if you try on the shoes. Clothing is usually walmart or wife's hand me downs or change of minds except for undies that I buy myself from Walmart or K-Mart. Have gone Salvation Army store shopping usually don't find my size. I did find a pair of Womens pants in the Men's rack and they did fit.

Excuse me I'm tired and rambling. Lost electric for twenty four hours and I should be asleep.

Miss Patty
01-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Hi girls,

I prefer to shop the clearance racks at Kohl's, JC Penny Outlet, Value City, and Target. Sometimes you can find great deals on better products than at K-mart. If you shop at Kohl's regularly you can figure out how they progressively lower their clearance prices down to about 80 percent off!

Patty

Jiera
01-08-2005, 12:10 PM
(Ok, so not every girl wears a size 11)

Try being a 13 or 14... :mad:

Ji

Fallen Angel
01-08-2005, 01:32 PM
i shop e-bay ive recieved alot of items for little to nothing and the nice thing is alot of the shoes i buy nobody around here wears the same witch make good conversation when i go out

LindaTS
01-10-2005, 09:51 AM
I shop on-line sometimes at Frederick's of Hollywood, Learner's and Newport News. For stores reasonably close to me I shop at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, Sears and Penny's, with Wal-Mart being my favorite because of selection and pricing.

vernon
01-10-2005, 09:55 AM
i shop at lots of different places -M& S for undies, mail order, charity shops for outer clothes and also shops too

paulaN
01-10-2005, 10:11 AM
Just recently went shopping with the wife wow! went to target and got a couple pair of underwear woops panties and a bra. then we went to salvation army, what a great time I had there. I was picking out stuff left and right. I bought three blouses a pair of slacks a skirt. every item was less than $4.00 so I figured if it did not fit well, I was not out much. it so hard to figure out womans sizes. but most of it fit. I have not had the chance to dress up but I did try everything on that night. with the wife.she got some stuff too. that day was so much fun even thought I had to shop in drab. bo hoo. but it was with the wife that's the best part. she's comming along.

Gina Lima
06-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Victoria Secrets, Cache, bebe, Newport-News, Lerners, Fredricks, Spiegel and TJ Max (hit or miss). Guess has some really cute short skirts!

lina
06-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Hi,
Just wondering where every one shops ?
Allthough I would like to shop at Frediricks, Victoria's Secret, etc., I simply cannot afford all the pricey items.
To be honest, I do my shopping at K-mart, Wal-Mart, and ocasionally go to the Salvation Army Thrift Store where I've found some incredible items at a fraction of the cost !
Kisses,
Sissy Lisa

I do virtually all my shopping at Salvation Army and similar stores; I find, however, that Goodwill thrift store prices are usually higher.

Lina