PDA

View Full Version : An interesting question by my SO

Nikki A.
10-30-2006, 09:01 PM
As I stated in other threads I'm dressing for work on Halloween. Last night I finally got to try on the whole outfit to see how it looked.
My wife was watching, offering opinions and then she came up with a question that I really couldn't answer.
"Where is the pleasure considering all the work and effort and discomfort involved?"
She said that most women find it a chore to go through this day in and day out. All I could say was that if I had to do this every day it might get old easy. But I don't and that is where the pleasure is. If I don't want to I don't have to and when I do it is special.
Any comments?

Scotty
10-30-2006, 09:06 PM
I can see her point.

The other night I wanted a new photo of me, I purged mine in my last bout with the T-blockers and so I slipped into a skirt and a chamise (sp?) but I didnt' really want to go to all the effort for make up etc. I did it and took a few shots but it was time consuming.....and with nobody to share it with I suppose that's why it gets old for me.
For me it's about feeling soft and femme and I do that with shaved legs, my hormones, and some nightware, shorts, etc.......

On the other hand if I were to go OUT well, I'd HOPEFULLY get the same attention most women would and THAT I think is wh y they do it......most single women going out WILL go the extra step because it attracts the o pposite (or same) sex.

samantha#1
10-30-2006, 09:06 PM
going the whole nine yards when dressing is to me a great deal of what dressing is all about. The time, the effort, and coupled with that the end result. I do not see it as a drag but a pleasure. I dress everyday and that includes full makeup and wig and a differant set of clothes each day; I still find it a pleasure to do that.
Samantha.

Katrina
10-30-2006, 09:07 PM
I've been asked that very same question. My answer is that sometimes, I just need to feel pretty. Dressing as a guy does not provide for that need, but being girly does.

EricaCD
10-30-2006, 10:00 PM
Couldn't agree more with Samantha and Katrina! It's not "work" to me to make myself pretty - it's a big part of the fun!

I couldn't explain it to someone who didn't have the same basic motivation. To me, it's no more incomprehensible than spending four hours at a time trying to propel a tiny white ball into a hole, hundreds of yards away, using nothing but a metal stick that is peculiarly maladapted to the task. But I have plenty of friends who are passionate about golf, and who never have to answer the analogous question for them...

Erica

Lisa Maren
10-31-2006, 04:16 AM
I have two points to offer:

1) I find it ironic that grade school age girls love to do their nail polish and their hair and what have you, and yet when they grow up those same things are just a chore.

2) I find it even more ironic that some people appear to feel that things which require work (even regularly) are not worth doing. Some of the most wonderful things in this life require work. Every time I write a new song (or a new story) it takes a lot of time and effort and revising, but let me tell you, that will never get old!

On the one hand, the context is different for a GG and a CD/TG/TS. Women do it because they feel they have to and there may be a thing or two going on between women that contributes to that (I don't know). CD/TG/TS, however, do it mainly for pleasure, to be themselves, etc.

On the other hand, it's all in the attitude. Most people would say that commuting an hour each way to school is a chore, and some of the time I agree, but many times I enjoy the drive because I'm forced to take a break from everything for the duration of the trip and it's a good time to sort out my thoughts.

Just my two pennies.

Hugs,
Lisa

JenniferMint
10-31-2006, 04:31 AM
My wife was watching, offering opinions and then she came up with a question that I really couldn't answer.
"Where is the pleasure considering all the work and effort and discomfort involved?"
She said that most women find it a chore to go through this day in and day out.

Sometimes I wonder why GGs themselves bother with dressing to the nines, if they don't like doing it! I think in many cases they could get away with dressing down a bit without being thought less of.

ReginaK
10-31-2006, 05:30 AM
Shaving is the only real hard part. The rest of it is fun and quite relaxing. Blood pressure goes down. Your pulse slows. You just feel real good. I get that same feeling washing my car too.

Teddie
10-31-2006, 05:55 AM
It's the love of being feminine. Watching in the mirror as you change from male to female. It's not work, but the love of being a girl.

Kate Simmons
10-31-2006, 06:54 AM
In my opinion, the "pleasure" in it is the ability to express who you are and your feelings.:happy: Ericka/Rich

DonnaT
10-31-2006, 07:31 AM
It's not time consuming if your having fun.

The pleasure is in the end result, and along with that is the feeling of contentment.

PatriciaCD
10-31-2006, 07:32 AM
In my opinion, the "pleasure" in it is the ability to express who you are and your feelings.:happy: Ericka/Rich
:iagree:

LaurenInDC
10-31-2006, 07:38 AM
Speaking strictly for myself, the fun (or satisfaction, rather) is in the finished product. In much the same way an artist feels a sense of satisfaction and joy looking at their completed work. It can be a chore, but it gets easier and faster with time.

LaurenS.
10-31-2006, 07:41 AM
I can certainly understand her question but my answer is that I love every minute of it! The shaving, dressing, makeup, hair, everything. Sometimes the shaving takes longer than I'd like but I love doing it. The preparation and end result are all just heaven to me.
Lauren:happy:

Scotty
10-31-2006, 07:45 AM
I'll re-state what I meant to say then.....:)

I ENJOY how I look when I put make-up on, so yes it is worth it. There are times it's late at night and i'm too tired and I would only have it on for a few minutes to an hour - not worth it for me there.

But I definitely want to get out this winter and I am going to go the extra mile!!

Heck I take a few extra steps in the morning so I can have that femme feel at work all day......

lisameaghan has some good points, that which *IS* worth doing is worth doing righit of course (That's a movie line also).

And I love my commute as it gives me time to unwind, but I'm not in heavy traffic either. :D

sue ellan
10-31-2006, 08:15 AM
I can certainly understand her question but my answer is that I love every minute of it! The shaving, dressing, makeup, hair, everything. Sometimes the shaving takes longer than I'd like but I love doing it. The preparation and end result are all just heaven to me.
Lauren:happy::iagree:
sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes.

NatashaWI
10-31-2006, 09:03 AM
I think the journey is half the fun! I love each step of dressing. It takes me longer than it should because I relish it so. I imagine if I did it every day it would get old but I'm not fortunate enough to find out.

ubokvt
10-31-2006, 09:32 AM
My wife has a wonderful day to day look that she doesn't put a lot of effort into. This weekend we both went out for makeovers togather She loved it, and for the last few days has been sulking saying "That how I want to look" Thats me. Thats how I feel" and my response, "Yeah I feel the same way and thats why I work at it."

Sasha Anne Meadows
10-31-2006, 11:08 AM
I am ft full time at home and my wife and I usually dress casually. Jean skirts, sleeveless tops. It is really not much of an effort at all.

Diane CDN
10-31-2006, 12:30 PM
I can understand your gal for sure....For many years I would fuss over every little detail, couldn't understand why my wife would come home and immediately whip off her bra and give a big sigh of relief.
With some people their concept of beauty/glamour what have you requires corsets and the like.
I definitely have toned down my efforts over the years, on a regular day, a bit of lower eye liner, lipstick and a smile.
Because I was born in a male package, it breaks my heart to see many people lose all interest in caring for themselves (real women)( a small portion but still saddens me)(as it is with some men. nothing more appealing than a spare tire the size of a small country and or no effort to groom).
There was a great ad on tv years ago...it showed a man with breasts and went on about "if men had breasts, they would take very good care of them"....I guess for a lot of dressers the same goes for makeup ....maybe obcessive to a point but I admire all those that do :)

Diane :bunny:

SherriePall
10-31-2006, 03:05 PM
I agree that the journey is often just as much fun as the destination. Just to sit and watch the transformation and to see the final result if awesome. (and sometimes, frightening if I do too good a job that day).

tall_brianna
10-31-2006, 03:15 PM
I've been asked that very same question. My answer is that sometimes, I just need to feel pretty. Dressing as a guy does not provide for that need, but being girly does.

:yt:

But I don't see most women going all the way everyday either. I've been meaning to start a thread on what is drab. Most of my GGFs are not done up everyday, and aside from lotions, shaving once a week, and once month at each spa, waxing, and salon. Of course long hair takes a extra time to dry, flat iron, etc but aside from those maintainance things, they spend almost no more time than I do in drab on vanity. It's a just a jeans and fleece world here in the great northwest - of course I am jealous that their jeans look and fit better than even my nicest boy jeans. ;)

Kitty
10-31-2006, 06:37 PM

I couldn't agree with you more Katrina. That is exactly what I feel when getting prepared. It's a major part of the rush/pleasure for me too.

Christina Nicole
10-31-2006, 07:56 PM
Anything worth doing is worth doing right. When one is very serious about doing the best one can do and take pleasure from the results that are as good as can be done, that is its own reward. For example, my wife does not understand how I can tolerate, much less enjoy, spending 20 or 30 hours in the spring just on washing and waxing the boat. Compared to that, an hour doing my makeup is nothing!
Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Billie Jean
11-01-2006, 02:57 PM
You could have said that it was in seeing the finished product that made it worth all the work. Billie Jean

SatinSarah
11-01-2006, 05:11 PM
My SO often asks me why I want to be a woman at the difficult times (of the month, when having to shave legs etc) but SHE LOVES spending time dressing up to go out to a ball or a great night out together. I get really turned on when she is spending time getting ready and putting on her make up. I just want to potter around the house in my bra and panties applying make up with her. I love telling her about this feeling and if I can't dress with her I love just lying on the bed watching her and wishing it was me. The time trying on clothes deciding what to wear is not a pain but THE pleasure. I would happily spend an evening trying on my wifes wardrobe with her!

Love Sarah

Michelle 51
11-02-2006, 09:09 AM
Sherriepall couldn't have said it better.Half the fun is getting there . Let's face it what feels any better than pulling a solf silky sheen glossy gorgeous stocking up your leg o so slow and carefull not to make a run and changing your leg into something that you can admire in the mirror or pulling up a nice pair of panties or putting your stocking leg with heel's on up on a chair and hooking a ankle bracelet on it . I guess you can tell i find female leg's very sexy