PDA

View Full Version : Need your help Ladies...

lacyinsd
10-30-2006, 09:24 PM
My wonderful wife agrees that with the colder weather I could shave...but having done only my legs before, I'm not sure how best to proceed.

I will be doing my whole body and am concerned about the pain of going through 20 razors.

I have light to medium hair on my body.

How should I go about my first time ?

Much thanks,

Lacy

EricaCD
10-30-2006, 09:54 PM
Have you ever tried Veet/Nair/any other depilatory cream? If not, you might want to give those a shot. Try a small section of your leg first, just to make sure your body does not have a nasty reaction. (Some people get a rash.) If not, then try doing one leg at a time. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS. They are not joking when they post those times. But if you follow the rules and your skin type permits, you will get a much cleaner pair of legs in about 1/3 the time, with no nicks.

Erica

Stephenie S
10-31-2006, 12:46 AM
Dear Lacy,

It's a pain to shave your whole body at one time. If I haven't shaved for some time, I shave only parts at a time. Legs one day, chest and underarms the next day, butt the next, etc. I haven't done this for some time as I shave all over every several days now, but when just starting, I found it easier to do only part at one time.

If you are starting with a lot of hair, you could trim it first with a hair trimmer like a barber uses. The razor gets clogged pretty quickly when you try to mow through long leg and body hair. Trim it down to about 1/4 inch and then have a go with the razor.

Once you have gotten everything down at least once it is much easier to deal with on a regular basis. When I lived in SF you could get shaved as a service advertised in the personel adds. My wife offered to help me at first, but I would rather handle a razor myself around my own skin.

Good luck,
Steph