PDA

View Full Version : ever get distracted?

soccervixen
10-31-2006, 01:19 PM
My guess is that I am not alone in this, but since I am a newbie at CD, I thought I would ask.

My job requires me to spend time with people, often in personal visits. In a visit today, as the other person was talking, I kept drifting off mentally to what I REALLY wished I were wearing (not khakis and a Lands' End button down long sleeve oxford - btw, clothes I enjoy and find comfortable).

But what I was thinking about was a 1/2 slip, ankle-length knit skirt, knee high sheer hose, ankle height leather boots with 2 1/2 heels, a soft cashmere-type top in a pastel color (peach maybe?). a cami with a matching color lace bra underneath. My mind kept coming back to that idea.

Anyone else find this going on in the course of a work day en drab?

sara_also
10-31-2006, 01:26 PM
many ..many...many.. times

hotbobbie
10-31-2006, 01:28 PM
I don't think about it i just do it.

Emily Ann Brown
10-31-2006, 02:09 PM
I find I zone out wondering how I'd look in the outfit the woman I'm conversing with has on.

Emily Ann

soccervixen
10-31-2006, 02:17 PM
I find I zone out wondering how I'd look in the outfit the woman I'm conversing with has on.

Emily Ann

Emily Ann - I did that last night visiting a family! I really liked the aqua cami / sweater top she had on - just buttoned at the top. It was really pretty.

Bunny_B
10-31-2006, 02:25 PM
huh.. sorry?

...did you say something?

myMichelle
10-31-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm always paying more attention to women's clothes than I am to what they're saying, lol. And I hate it when my clothing appreciation gets in the way of a workplace conversation, etc. But, such is the life of a crossdresser, lol

vbcdgrl
10-31-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm retired now, but, yes, I would find myself "drifting" at work. If I caught a glimpse of a GG co-worker's slip, panties, bra, etc. that would really send me into a daze.

Vikki

SherriePall
10-31-2006, 02:55 PM
too many times.

Emily Ann Brown
10-31-2006, 03:06 PM
What were you saying ?????? (Did you see that cute cotton tail Bunny had on...giggle giggle).

Emily Ann

christie
10-31-2006, 04:08 PM
I run into the same thing, I'll see someone wearing something that I like and picture myself in it. The worst is in a boring meeting dressed in drab and regretting not putting on a pair of panties and a bra underneath my work clothes.

Christie

Pauline53
10-31-2006, 06:14 PM
Ah yes, thinking about dressing when you should be thinking about other things. Almost gets me into trouble when i find myself about to ask where a GG co-worker bought something or what it's like to wear.

Pauline.

Billijo49504
10-31-2006, 06:35 PM
Oh sorry, did you say something? I was thinking about my new skirt. As you may have guessed, most of us have that problem. That's why we call it work. If it was fun, you'd have to pay to do it....BJ

Kenix
10-31-2006, 06:46 PM
I worked with mostly women in the office and I often observe what they wear, especially a couple women who is in my age group. I will even try to listen to their conversation about cloths.

When it is busy I do foucs on my work.

Cristi
11-02-2006, 10:25 PM
Sometimes when watching television or a movie, I find myself paying more attention to the clothes the women are wearing than the plot of the show itself.

I am fascinated not only by the clothes, but by watching how GGs 'wear' them. How they move, etc.

I find that I can't help but 'fuss' with things too much, where a GG just goes about her business, letting the skirt fall where it may.

rye_ginger
11-02-2006, 10:56 PM
I tend to space out when talking to women, wondering if I could pull of what they're wearing.

nancy58
11-02-2006, 11:07 PM
All the time, and not just about wishing I could be dressed. When CDing really erupted on me a couple of years ago, I was obsessed with it, the way I was obsessed with women when I was a teenager/young adult. I think it has helped that I got it into the open with my wife and that I learned to accept CDing as a part of me. Therapy to deal with the other areas of my life that have really been bugging me has helped, too, as has working on my non-CD interests.

Nancy

ColleenCD
11-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Soccervixen, I seem to zone out watching a beautiful girl and what she's wearing. It's time well spent!

Colleen

Joanna0909a
11-03-2006, 12:27 AM
I not only check out what other women are wearing, I often drool over it. Unfortunately I never see the great outfits these women wear when I go shopping. I suspect it has to do with the sizes I look in and the places I shop - Can we say Koals? Or it could be that I have no, and I repeat no, fashion sense. Unfortuately, several of my femme outfits look a lot like my guy duds - khaki skirt and solid tops - but at least it is a skirt and top which allows me nylons, bra, etc. And lol, I sure do not stand out!!

Joanna

Rachel Morley
11-03-2006, 12:44 AM
Anyone else find this going on in the course of a work day en drab?......on a regular basis. Even if I'm real busy at work, It does happen at least once or twice a day.

Charolette time
11-10-2006, 02:52 PM
......on a regular basis. Even if I'm real busy at work, It does happen at least once or twice a day.

although I:m retired i still have trouble concentraing when talking to the other side, I get real excited watching the girls playing vollyball on the beach dont know the score or care just wish it was me wearing those bikinis, and little tops, i dream it is me, of course I would need more than that to cover my other wise ample stature , scary picture, Keep Dreaming Charolette

JoAnnDallas
11-10-2006, 03:19 PM
All the time. When ever we have a female client come in, I sometimes find myself wondering where she got that dress or shoes or how nice her makeup is and etc.

Lisa Golightly
11-10-2006, 03:23 PM
Nope :)

BobbieCD1944
11-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Quite often. The other evening I was out at a restaurant with a couple, who know I CD. A tall lady walked by our table, black dress, black boots.. heh.. our discussion turned to wondering if I noticed because the lady looked dommish or did I wanted the outfit. Our joint conclusion was.... "Yes!" :devil:

tekla west
11-10-2006, 04:01 PM
That is a luxury I (and others) can't afford. My life, and the lives of others depends on me not spacing off. I try to keep that in mind. And its hard not too when you are anywhere from 20 to 80 feet off the ground walking on tuss. I try to keep my head about me when my feet are not anywhere near the ground.

J-Girl
11-10-2006, 04:40 PM
I was at the airport yesterday and I always check out what people are wearing. It is usually the same thing over and over again. Then out of the blue comes this girl with a white blouse, sweater, a knee length plaid skirt and the most adorable shoes to finish it off. I so wanted to get up the nerve to ask her where she shops and where she found those shoes. The sad thing, aside from not asking her is, I couldn't even tell you what she looked like. I was transfixed on her clothes.

Jen

Glenda58
11-10-2006, 04:52 PM
Yes I did when a was a new at this. Now after 50+ years I can work with the distraction. But if I'm out and not dress I'm always looking at women and how they're dress and wondering how that would look on me.
So it doesn't stop.

suzy
11-10-2006, 04:59 PM
All of the time!!!
I used to work in a job with about 90% female employees. All of my bosses were female and when we had meetings it was all I could do to pay attention to the topics at hand. I always focused on some of the clothes the ladies were wearing and wondered how I would look wearing it! It was fun but not so productive.... hummm, wonder if that had anything to do with why I'm not working there anymore?:eek: