PDA

View Full Version : Bald Spots

CaptLex
10-31-2006, 02:13 PM
No, I'm not losing the hair on my head (yet), but now that I've fully let the hair on my legs grow out, I've noticed that there are bald spots in some places. It looks so weird to me. I know some genetic men have these, but it still bothers me. Does anyone really notice these?

myMichelle
10-31-2006, 02:50 PM
Sorry if you guys don't want the MTF's commenting on this, but as a genetic Male, I can assure you that what you're describing is totally normal. I've got a bare patch in the "fur" on both of my legs. My bare spots are right on the front of my calfs. In fact, I can remember my Mom teasing me about my bare spots when I was much younger...Of course, I now shave on a regular basis and my bare patches have consequently become a non-issue.

All of this is to say that I think you're probably very normal. Probably nothing at all you can do about it--unless you want to get some of that Ron Popeil spray-on hair and start using it on your legs, LOL!

CaptLex
10-31-2006, 03:51 PM
Sorry if you guys don't want the MTF's commenting on this, but as a genetic Male, I can assure you that what you're describing is totally normal.
Michelle,

Your response is most welcome - who else can I ask about these things, right?

All of this is to say that I think you're probably very normal. Probably nothing at all you can do about it--unless you want to get some of that Ron Popeil spray-on hair and start using it on your legs, LOL!
LOL! Thanks for that - I guess I'll just have to get used to the way they look now. :p

mistunderstood
10-31-2006, 03:52 PM
I let the hair grow on my legs and I have hair on top part of legs but were socks are it is bare.

Angela Burke
10-31-2006, 04:00 PM
I've been shaving my legs for many years now and sometimes hair doesn't grow back where it's been before and sometimes it grows where it's never grown before, at least as far as I can remember. It seems to move about at will!

bi_weird
11-01-2006, 09:39 AM
Well, at least it's not like my boyfriend, who has similar patches...on his face. What hair he has is very thick and could grow a wonderful beard, but there are small patches all over his face that don't grow or hardly grow at all. I keep telling him to grow it out, just to see the polka dots, but he doesn't think this is a good idea. Wonder why...

Charleen
11-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Hi Capt., I have found that where the clothing rubs is where the hair disappears, knees, back of the calfs and the like. Also unless you have a pelt like King Kong, some sparce spots are the norm. Love and xxxx, Lily

Abraxas
11-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Yeah, I've heard that the front of guys' shins go bald as they get older, because of sock-wearing. Also the back of my calves are far less hairy than anywhere else (but weirdly, the lower parts of my legs are more hairy). I guess I'm just backwards lol

NatalieBliss
11-02-2006, 12:20 AM
Yeah, I've heard that the front of guys' shins go bald as they get older, because of sock-wearing. Also the back of my calves are far less hairy than anywhere else (but weirdly, the lower parts of my legs are more hairy). I guess I'm just backwards lol

Actually below my knees is thicker than the upper part of my leg...

privateperks
11-02-2006, 01:01 PM
I think that's pretty normal Lex. When my testosterone is too high my hair drops out in weird patches on my body, lower legs and then comes in thicker on others (back of my hands and belly unfortunately.)

CaptLex
11-02-2006, 02:09 PM
Thanks, all. I still think it looks weird on me, but at least I know I'm not the only one. :p

myMichelle
11-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Thanks, all. I still think it looks weird on me, but at least I know I'm not the only one. :p

You're not the only strange one out there...Just ask my neighbors! LMAO:tongueout

Adam
11-02-2006, 04:16 PM
my legs are super hairy more than my brothers and dad and yeah i got bald spots just below my knees at the front and my angles but i guess this is normal coz no one said anything last summer when i was in my shorts :D

Ronda_B
11-02-2006, 05:27 PM
In my case, the hair on my leggs have never really grown in that heavy, my chest and back is another story. My son is the total oppisite of me. He's hairy on the leggs and not the top, go figure.

JulieCDorlando
11-02-2006, 05:31 PM
Hello Capt,
Please forgive me if my post isn't warranted here, but in my humble way of trying to being a comfort to you (and as a MTF CD) I too had those same bare spots on my legs to prior to my shaving. If anyone noticed my bare spots, no one has ever mentioned anything to me at all. I live in Florida where short pants are the "norm" for wear. To be honest, I wouldn't worry to much about that, as it that does happens to some guys. If these spots are on your calves or shins, you could probably wear some athletic socks to cover them up if possible. If these spots are on your thighs just wear some shorts with the legs that are some what lengthy or baggy shorts could help. I hope that I could have been of some help to you in this. :2c:

Stacy GG
11-02-2006, 05:32 PM
I know when I was younger and would let the hair grow in on my legs, during winter, when I wasn't dating, I ended up with odd parts of my leg that didn't have hair. Sometimes it was due to socks, sometimes it just grew funny ( probably bc when I didn't shave I'd wear jeans). :o

CaptLex
11-02-2006, 09:50 PM
If these spots are on your calves or shins, you could probably wear some athletic socks to cover them up if possible. If these spots are on your thighs just wear some shorts with the legs that are some what lengthy or baggy shorts could help. I hope that I could have been of some help to you in this. :2c:
Thanks, Julie . . . actually, they're all over the place - right above my knees, on the inside part above the ankles, and on the outer part of the top of my thighs. At least they're in the same spots on both legs, so I match. :heehee:

P.S. Say to Mickey and Minnie for me. :D

EricaCD
11-03-2006, 12:05 AM
From another MtF - I assure you I have never spent a moment thinking about the uniformity of hair coverage on another guys legs, and I would wager I'm pretty common in that regard. Don't fret about it.