PDA

View Full Version : Hair remover what, which

Sheila
10-31-2006, 03:26 PM
okay dokey I need help for DH, we went looking for hair remover today that will allow him/her to remove the hair but not shave, ------------------- now we are talking the delicate area and chest any help will be much appreciated --------------- have to admit here I really really is not a Girly girl has all the right bits but more of a tomboy even if I is 48 ------------- gosh is she looking to the wrong person to help her or what ------------ feel free to sympathise with her I have fairly thick skin :D :D :D :D

Sandra
10-31-2006, 03:33 PM
Nigella has used Nair in the past, but what ever she uses make sure a patch test is done first.

Tree GG
10-31-2006, 03:38 PM
I've been to the Mary Kay parties & have the few obligatory Christmas party left-over outfits, but girlie girl I ain't. I've done what I can, but I usually am just painting myself. I'm not good at the illusion & contour stuff. Darlene has figured that out & is on his own.

Nair will work, but I've seen it singe the skin as well. Waxing, although painful at first, is the best for all-over, lasting results. You can get some pretty effective home waxing kits.

tall_brianna
10-31-2006, 03:39 PM
I envy him! And respect you for being (mostly, within bounds) cool with that! Bravi to you both!

I've never had a GGF I know of that used, nair, etc. (I think that is what you are talking about). I tried it once and it was bad news, takes awhile, burns, etc, didn't get all or even most of the hairs.

You know many men get waxed. I think the whole metrosexual thing has been great for grooming. I know me and my guy friends (no real metros there) would talk unfavorably about GGs we'd been with that, "weren't big on cutting, edging and trimming the front lawn". Of course, probably no one in that conversation except me considered that fact that most of us looked like deepest darkest Africa down there. :)

Good luck,

-b

Sandra
10-31-2006, 03:59 PM
I've also seen some of the girls talk about Veet as well.

Teddie
10-31-2006, 04:50 PM
IMHO Veet is much better than Nair. :2c:

Juju GG
10-31-2006, 05:08 PM
I've heard that veet is good and that waxing is good (have had this done to my chin) and there is also electrolysis which kills the hairs and isn't as painful as waxing.

Deborah_UK
10-31-2006, 05:13 PM
Jess,

Wax is the best answer imo. I've been having my chest and back waxed for over seven years now - one of the best things I ever did. OK it hurt like hell the first hundred times! :devil: OK the first few times :D - now its just like removing a sticking plaster. I also think the effects last longer than chemical removal.

jsarah
10-31-2006, 06:07 PM
I go with Waxing too for chest and back....I must be odd however as I didn't think it hurt very much at all. A few times there was some stinging but it went away really fast.

My experience wasn't anything like the guy in the "40 year old virgin" movie so don't let that scare you :)

I shave for legs though...doesn't really bother me and gives me a excuse to stay in a hot bath/shower a little longer :)