PDA

View Full Version : going out

slamddoger
10-31-2006, 06:32 PM
how do you built confident in going out. in to the public ?

Christina Nicole
10-31-2006, 06:42 PM
One builds confidence by going out. Like any other endeavor the more something is practiced and done, the better one becomes at doing that thing. Getting better builds confidence.

So, get out and do something. If you make your first few attempts somewhere far from home, and with the company of others, it's easier. Try calling a support group or one of those TG makeover places.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Sharon
10-31-2006, 06:44 PM
There is no surefire way to get the confidence other than just swallowing your nerve and going out. I started with drives in my car and worked my way up to going to places I knew were private and uncrowded -- such as local parks.

As you continue doing this, and getting more comfortable, you can then work yourself up to mixing with the public and going where you want(within reason, of course -- meaning avoiding the places you wouldn't want your mother, sister, or wife to go to).

I am the world's champion coward, but I think nothing of going out as I wish these days. Just give yourself time and -- always! -- be careful!

Good luck! :happy:

fancy nancy
10-31-2006, 06:54 PM
Iwent out today in makeup and wearing high heels .Didnt wear a skirt or a ress but I did have on my female jeans ,bra with breastforms,sweater,pantys and tights.Today was fun and plan to do it again real soon .Next time ,I think I'm going to try going out in a skirt or a dress.:2c: :Angry3: :o

Kimberly
10-31-2006, 07:03 PM
Remind yourself:

They don't care!

Billijo49504
10-31-2006, 07:31 PM
Grab the door knob, turn it, open door and walk out side. One foot in front of the other. And be sure not to pee your pants while out.:heehee: First start at night, then maybe earlier in the evening. Then someday you'll be able to go out in broad daylight. Try to look like the ladies in the grocery store or mall. Don't try to be to flashy, dressing down is better. The late night drive thru is a great place to start. Then maybe to 7 Eleven for a slurpee. Honest, people won't hear your knees knocking. Be brave, once you get out of your neighborhood, you're safe, no one will know you....BJ

x_girl
11-01-2006, 02:26 AM
as Sharon said, a good way to start is by just going for a drive. Confidence will come with repetition.

Joy Carter
11-01-2006, 06:07 AM
how do you built confident in going out. in to the public ?

Hey Slam just do it Hun. I just went out for the first time and I passed! Uh well someone made a comment that I looked like someone's mother. LOL:o

JoAnnDallas
11-01-2006, 09:40 AM
You do it one foot in front of the other. I remember the first time I went out full dressed in the daylight. My heart was pounding, I was sweating, even hyper ventilated a little. I got into my SUV and started it up, backed out of the driveway, and went for a drive around the sub-division. After a little while, I realized that no one was honking their horn at me and I started noticing that most people don't look at other drivers. I started to relax a little. Each time I went for a drive, it got easier, and I started enjoying the drives. I would wear a different outfit each time. As my confidence built, I then started stopping at the gasoline station, got out, pumped the tank full, got back in and drove home.

Now I go all over the place, even thru drive-thru fast food places and never had a problem.

The biggest thing to overcome is FEAR. So just make sure you look your best and just do it, go out.

Emma England
11-01-2006, 12:58 PM
I had an attitude of not caring what others think.

No one will say anything or give you strange looks.

Try it and see!

Rebecca Petersen
11-01-2006, 02:01 PM
I agree with what has already been said, repetition or practice does instill confindence. Kimberly's statement that "They don't care" for the most part is true, but if people are given the chance to ridicule, they will. The "art" and practicing of CDing is like music. Always try to perfect. I once had a music teacher that said, "If you practice something incorrectly, you will become very proficient at playing 'it' incorrectly."
As the old joke goes, "How do you get to Carnegie Hall?" Practice, practice, practice. Don't forget to have fun in the process.
Rebecca

Gisele
11-01-2006, 02:14 PM
It was because of this thread I did it lastnight all alone and not a pre-plan place.

here is my outing: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43568

Thanks for helping this girl get out!:love: