PDA

View Full Version : Voice

Sexy_Jennifer
10-31-2006, 08:56 PM
I think I'm a long way from actually going and walking around in public dressed as Jennifer, for a few reasons, but two in particular come to mind. The first is that I'm quite tall at 6 foot 3, so I often feel like I'm sticking out like a sore thumb even when dressed 'normally' (Bleurgh!) in my male clothes. But the other one, which I'd like peoples' views on, is the voice.

I mean, I have quite a deep voice! And I feel it would sort of break any illusion that I might have created if I had to talk to anyone, say for instance in a shop or even in a nightclub. So I was wondering what all you guys who go out in public do when you need to speak? Do you just go ahead and speak in your usual voice, even if it's quite a low tone? Or do you try to speak at a higher pitch, in a more feminine way; is a new voice just another accessory that you use, like your wigs and clothes etc?

Awaiting replies interestedly,

Jennifer
xx

samantha#1
10-31-2006, 10:16 PM
Hi Jennifer, I do not have a really baratone male voice more so average I guess, when I dress and speak I tend to use much softer tones and of course keeping the volume down also helps. I practice quite a lot when I am in the car by myself.
Samantha

MJ
10-31-2006, 10:27 PM
hi Jennifer
i just speak in a soft voice. i am taking voice lesions at the moment trying to raise my pitch .. it takes time .. oh BTW it might be better if you address ppl here as girls considering were you are and all.. it's just a thought :love:

Sexy_Jennifer
11-01-2006, 06:42 AM
Ooops, thanks for pointing that out, MJ! Please forgive my little faux-pas - I was typing quickly and never thought about it! Now I'm all embarrased... :heehee:

Tina Dixon
11-01-2006, 07:17 AM
hi Jennifer
i just speak in a soft voice. i am taking voice lesions at the moment trying to raise my pitch .. it takes time .. oh BTW it might be better if you address ppl here as girls considering were you are and all.. it's just a thought :love:
Heck I call a group of people guys also, weather theres females there or not, more slang I think, and being on taller side myself I know where your coming from its going to be hard to blend, and then that voice, its one thing I can't crossdress.

Christine Davis
11-01-2006, 07:33 AM
Hi Jennifer. I too have the same problem and I'm trying to find my female voice. I'm trying to talk softer and more distinctly but I really have to concentrate when I do it. I may be talking to myself to practice or repeat what women say and how they say it on TV, but I really have to work at it. For example... I could be talking in my feminine voice and all of a sudden this guy starts talking. That guy is me. I wish I had an on-off switch for the voice. On-Female...Off-Male.

Hugs

Christine

Tracy_Victoria
11-01-2006, 07:34 AM
I know how good it is to be able to do a Fem voice, I'm quite lucky in I think mine is okay.

But! if you walk out of your door, down to the shops and back again, how many times will you actually speak to someone (certainly if your dressed so not even your own mother would reconise you!)

What I'm trying to say he is a Fem voice is not a asset to being able to pass, you can point to your throat and horsely or even mouth "sorry I lost my voice" or even just grunt or squeak. the main think to passing out is that visual illusion, or as a Aircraft engineer would say "if it looks right, it will fly right" the look is everything, the voice is nothing.

Yep, okay you can drop yourself right in it, I remember many years ago, being out dressed and totally forgetting myself and answered in my normal voice to a plesant hello aimed my way (who was more shocked was the question!) however up until I dumbly opened my mouth with out thinking, I'd been taken for a woman, all the way.

Having a fem voice is a bonus to going out, but there again being 5 foot 4 and a size 8 is as well. (something I'm far from ever being) but woman do come in all shapes and sizes, including taller than 6 foot 3 inches, so it just a matter of creating the right illusion and having confidence to put it all together and pull it off, but you don't need a fem voice to get out and about.

Good Luck

mecloset
11-01-2006, 08:04 AM
All I can say is maybe if you have such a deep voice you can work on sounding like some celeb. Say someone like Phyliss Diller, she had a deep raspy voice, at least untill you work out a decent fem voice. Just a thought.

Christine Kelly
11-01-2006, 08:19 AM
If you want to know if you should use your real voice or a femme voice, just watch the movies 'Kinky Boots' and 'Breakfast on Plato' and tell me which one sounds more natural to you, regardless of the pitch. Personally, I think that the fact that you have a low voice makes you all the more appealing when you are dressed. How many of us love Lauren Bacalls sexy voice? Just how far away is that from a natural male voice pitch? Not far.

Tracy_Victoria
11-01-2006, 08:29 AM
another quick point. people will accept a more masculine voice, in a convincing female face, ie if the looks right they will overlook a slightly masculine tone, however if you sound like a baratone, and look like a line backer your cause is kind of lost before you start.

Vivian Best
11-01-2006, 08:33 AM
It is not at all unusual for GGs that are older that have smoked all their life to have a voice that is very close to what some of us sound like when we try to talk in a feminine voice.

Sally24
11-01-2006, 07:44 PM
I think that most of us the go out in public much try to change our voice some. I've worked on mine quite a bit and talk to the sales people or wait staff when I am out and about. I'm 6 ft but slim so I think my voice is my weakest point right now. It can be modified, but it takes alot of work, and alot of practice.......practice.........practice........

Sally

MJ
11-01-2006, 09:23 PM
I think that most of us the go out in public much try to change our voice some. I've worked on mine quite a bit and talk to the sales people or wait staff when I am out and about. I'm 6 ft but slim so I think my voice is my weakest point right now.
It can be modified, but it takes alot of work, and alot of practice.......practice.........practice........

Sally

hi girls i went out in public for six months with my male voice i had no clue but when i found out how it was practice i am 5'8 thats 6'2 in heels so image is also everything too.. thats hard but if you have the look that's 60% the rest is makeup and gestures.. just have fun enjoy your outing .. hugs