PDA

View Full Version : I'm So Happy To Be Me

Joy Carter
11-01-2006, 08:01 AM
Well since my DSL went down on Sunday I was not able to post my thread on my first time out. So I went out fully dressed with Teresa Amina in Royal Oak Michigan Saturday. I got up there late due to having to work a half day. But after getting dressed at the hotel and a power failure in the area at dusk no less. We made our way down to the front desk and one of the hotel staff a lady came up to me just to look. It was kinda creepy because she didn't say anything and I just smiled back. We made our way to the restaurant area in town and drove around looking for somewhere to eat. I said we just might want to wait because of getting out late. I need barrettes so we found a Walgreen's Drugs and went right in. I only heard one comment and it was nothing. We waited in line to pay for my purchase and left. We then went back to the hotel changed and went to Janet's Closet (a tv boutique) for a party. We were there only a short time when I recognized Jessica CD from her avatar, the back of her head no less. Her SO "special one" Shelly was with her and were they ever nice. We saw a great Bet Middler impersonation and did some solo dancing with the other girl/gurls. We sat and talked the rest of the night and then all four of us made or way to a Denny's. We walked in with me leading the way and I heard someone say "that's a guy !", OK yeah I'm a guy what's your point +? , I said to myself. And another "He Looks Like Somebody's Mother !" I'd had thanked him if I knew who said it. LOL We ate and got some stares but who cares at this point. We just were out and having a great time. All to soon the night was over and we said our goodby's to Shelly and Jessica. We went back to the room that was still dark from the power failure and undressed by flash light. The power came back on and I said my good by to Teresa. Thanking her for a wonderful time. The hardest part we driving the forty miles home at four in the morning. So how did I do +? I felt no fear and I was not nervous one bit. Just a little excitement that didn't show. So my advice is to take a friend and go for it. Just be safe and do have fun. The only negative is that the wife told me Monday that if going to be doing this I need to budget money for clothes so I don't have to charge things. My Mastercard bill came and well it's a-might strained if you know what I mean.:o

Kate Simmons
11-01-2006, 09:01 AM
I'm glad you are yourself too, Joy. It's nice that Teresa and you had a good time. I think you look really nice BTW. Finally good to see the real you. :happy: Ericka/Rich

Teresa Amina
11-01-2006, 09:16 AM
That power failure was a bummer since we were already running behind, but we did get some "real life" interaction before heading to Janets (and then after at Dennys). You've got good ears to hear those comments, I just saw a few looks from other Halloweeners who looked funny themselves :D Par for the course, a good time was had by all. Next time no working till noon!

Eileen
11-01-2006, 09:21 AM
Joy and Terea sounds like you really enjoyed yourselves. It is so much fun to be out and do normal every day activities. We all just need to get out and live life the way it should be lived, as a girl or for some of us as a woman!

Eileen

Roberta Lynn
11-01-2006, 09:35 AM
Sounds like you girls had a great time. I'm really happy for you Joy. :happy:
Looks like all that time under 'construction' was worth it. :hugs:
:love:

Joy Carter
11-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Why thank you gurls for reading my thread. One more good piece of news is that I got the nod from the wife to be able to attend "Be-All" in Chicago this May 2007. So this gurl may just have to up the clothes budget a little. :D

Glenda58
11-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Joy and Terea sorry I missed going with you. Sounds like you had a great time. Joy you look great. To bad about the power going out but so did you.
Glad you had a good time and you are planning to go again. I know you will have fun.

uknowhoo
11-01-2006, 11:34 PM
Oh JOY!! I'm so happy for you, that you finally got out!!! Then to be able to go to Be-All next year too! WOW! You must be so tickled, well except for that mastercard thingy anyway.:o I'm proud of ya. :hugs: xoxo Tammi

Oh, I certainly don't want to overlook Teresa. You go girl too y'know!:p

Rachel Morley
11-01-2006, 11:51 PM
Hey Joy,

I'm glad you had a nice time, don't worry about the Dennys incident. I think I agree with you, I'd be totally happy to look like somebody's mother :D

Di
11-02-2006, 02:30 AM
Glad you got out......:hugs: Proud of ya :thumbsup:

Karren H
11-02-2006, 07:48 AM
Soo cool, Joy!!! Sounds like fun....You didn't go to the TGMI halloween party? Thought that was in RO also Saturday night....

Love Karren

Michelle Ellis
11-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Way to go Joy! :) Glad you got to get out (both of you) and have a good time!

M

Penny
11-02-2006, 05:16 PM
The main thing is that you enjoyed yourselves. I wouldn't worry too much about other's comments. I think the Halloween times is perhaps the only time
that people take notice of others. They only take a closer look to who is who for sure. There is a lot of crossdressing at Halloween. I celebrate Halloween 364 days a year but not the actual day.
Glad you had fun!

Marlen
11-02-2006, 05:51 PM
We walked in with me leading the way and I heard someone say "that's a guy !"
Something like this was when I walked dressed with my GF on the night streets of Minsk. Drunk guys cried to me: "hey, brother"... They didn't approach, may be had no idea what to talk to me :heehee:
But I feel some adrenaline even now... Nevertheless, I don't wanna stop.
Yes, it's fantastic to stay oneself!
In any way.

Joy Carter
11-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Well here it's Thursday already and yes the after glow is still there. I just know that I did the right thing and I'm a better person for it. Thanks to all you gurls/girls for your advice and support. It has made accepting myself so much more easy.

Take Care :hugs: Joy Carter