PDA

View Full Version : nails

soccervixen
11-01-2006, 08:46 AM
My long love of playing the guitar has meant I keep the nails on my right hand long for picking, and left hand short. Last night I had to do some work on my right hand nails, and for the first time, I looked at them through a feminine lens, and shaped them as much for looks as for function. They are less rounded now, and sllightly more elliptical / pointed, and I think I will grow them longer than I have before in order to have 1/2 my hands en femme 24/7. Also I never grew my pinky nail out on that hand (since I rarely use it in playing), but I will begin to do that now. I already like the new look and feel.

Karren H
11-01-2006, 08:57 AM
Lucky girl!!! Long nails are very fem......and I wish I could keep mine long but it seems that every time I grow them out I end up destroying them while working on the car or in the yard... So I keep them clipped back and utilized stickon nails when I go out enfemme...

Additionally I can't type with longer nails......I've seen women type and I just can't get the hang of typing that way. <sigh>

K

soccervixen
11-01-2006, 09:25 AM
Well, broken nails have been a curse for my playing for a long time. If I break one (yard work, car work - worst!), then I just play my mandolin or use a flatpick to play, let it grow out in order to finger pick again. I am taking a risk here, but I may begin to use some Hard as Nails or some other product - I used to use this for a while, so my wife would have no problems with it. It's clear, doesn't show up too much, but still makes you feel like you're painted:happy: She understands how mad I get if I lose a nail, especially if I have been playing lately. I won't let them get too long to interfere with typing - I do a lot of typing!

Charleen
11-01-2006, 09:34 AM
Hi girls, I had a bad problem with my nails breaking. I started using Sally Hansen and it works. I put the triple strength on then the strawberry cream for a hint of color. They still break every so often, but such is life. As far as typing goes, I use the nails and not the finger tips. Takes a little getting used to, but works well. Love and xxxx, Lily

JoAnnDallas
11-01-2006, 10:16 AM
I too had nails that would break, split, and such. One day my sister and I were at her nail salon. I was getting a manicure and she asked Tina if there was anything I could do about my nails. I ended up leaving there with acrylic nails and have had them for over a year now. I love them. right now they are about 1/4" pass the tips of my figures. Wife don't like them to get too long. LOL I have had nothing but great responses. Many times I will complement a GG on her nails and then she will see mine. Sometimes at first they are a little shocked that I have acrylic nails, then all of a sudden they are commenting me on how good they look. I even had a lady make a comment to her husband that "some men do keep their nails looking good". Got a dirty stare from the husband. LOL

Now when I go to the nail salon, I get a pedicure, fill, manicure, toe nail polish, and my eyebrows plucked and waxed. Even my wife has said that I look more presentable nowdays, except for the toe nail polish. She just rolls her eyes on that part and makes me wear socks. LOL

Jillian310
11-02-2006, 08:36 PM
I, too, had trouble when aboard with breaking and splitting nails. In most cases I didn't even know when the damage was done until long after. Then I went acrylic, and that solved the problem. Not to put too fine a point in it, my nails are now as hard as, er, nails! I keep them a little long, shaped like the fems shape theirs, described as rounded in my shop, and have learned that if I color the tips from underneath with a white soft pencil, like an eyebrow pencil, they sort of have the appearance of a french look. I also have pedicures, and keep my toenails painted pink.