PDA

View Full Version : Now I am Depressed

Krystenw
11-01-2006, 10:27 AM
After I finished my post last evening, My wife said she need some things from the store and wanted to know if I would like to go. I asked her if she wanted me to change first and she told me to just freshen my lipstick and I would be ok. I'm definately going to take her to dinner after this vacation is over.
Any way,
I go in the store and of course every lady I work with had to have been there getting some last minute things. Things went just fine until I got to the check out line with what seemed like half of them in front of me and half in back of me. I actually stood there for several minutes before one of them said something to me and when I answered she recognized her voice. The look on her face was priceless. Nothing doing she had to bring up my being there to everyone else. I was actually having a lot of fun. They were admiring my nails and making over me like I was some sort of long lost sister and telling me how nice I looked and then.
Of course this came from the head of nursing where I work.
She tells me right in front of what had to be every woman in town.
"You make a better looking woman then you do a man."
And everyone there had to agree with her.
I may have to go back to the shrink, talk about a blow to my insecurity.

Sophia Rearen
11-01-2006, 10:34 AM
I'm confused. Why does this depress you? I'd be ecstatic. Being made up makes people look better, that's why it's used. Chances are you don't use makeup endrab, right?

Emily Ann Brown
11-01-2006, 10:42 AM
I'm with Sophia....I'd be thrilled at the compliment !

Emily Ann

soccervixen
11-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Krsyten -

Is this not something you were looking for - validation of who you are en femme? They paid you a compliment by approving your look. I would focus on how they view you as a woman, not how they view you as a man. But you may have a whole lot more issues to work through when you get back to work en drab.

Charleen
11-01-2006, 10:49 AM
Yeah, why the depression? Last nite I went out, and saw some people I work with, and they said about the same thing about me. One guy said he thought I looked hot until he realised it was me. Said I looked so good I was scaring him, and mentioned to a friend that he thoght I had worn that outfit before as I was so comfortable walking around in it and my heels. One customer going out on a ghost tour couldn't keep his eyes off of me, and he had his SO with him! The avantar is how I looked last nite. BTW, all this with a 2 weeks growth of beard! Love and xxxx, Lily

KarenSusan
11-01-2006, 10:52 AM
"You make a better looking woman then you do a man."
And everyone there had to agree with her.
I may have to go back to the shrink, talk about a blow to my insecurity.

Way to go, Krysten, this is what everyone would like to hear.

Sally2005
11-01-2006, 11:08 AM
I can understand the depression. As a guy people are rude to me more often than, when I dress up I get complements. That creates a gender delemma in my head. I think many people make that comment as a complement without much thought as we might put in to it ourselves.

ColleenCD
11-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Krysten,

No need to be depressed. I do think your work situation may change a little bit. Unless they took this completely as a Holloween costume, expect some subtle hints from your co-workers about your outfit. That's the stuff dreams are made of, not nightmares. Enjoy!

Colleen

Vivian Best
11-01-2006, 11:41 AM
I'm with you Krysten, I'd have to go back to a shrink but it would be to get me off the high I was on! hehe