PDA

View Full Version : What attracted you

Sheila
11-01-2006, 12:58 PM
to your partner..

I ask this because with a lot of our relationships going through hiccups if not out and out wars at the moment it reminded me of somebody I used to work with..

This guy and his wife were having a real storm in their marriage and while we did not talk very often I got on fairly well with him, as I was leaving one night we chatted for a few mins and I asked him how things were going, as it turned out pretty badly he was on the verge of moving out of the family home into a flat( that weekend),-------- now he seemed resigned, not angry, just resigned, and I don't know why I asked him "what was the thing that attracted you to her in the first place" ------ now his answer isn't important, but his reaction was, he stopped, looked then actually smiled (a real genuine smile of delight) ---- the first one I had seen on his face in days.
It turns out he and his wife didn't seperate they are still together, and maybe my question did absolutely nothing to help keep them there or maybe it did, I will never, nor do I need to know, but sometimes in the middle of the storms in our relationships we forget how we first started and why.

My DH's sense of humour was the thing that attracted me to him ( we talked on the internet for a long time before meeting or sending each other our pics)

He still makes me laugh today, so the next time I get in a pout or blue funk with him feel free to remind me what it is that I find attractive about him first and foremost. Yes he/she has sexy eyes etc but the HUMOUR is what won me over and keeps me here above all else

Jess:tongueout :tongueout

DonnaT
11-01-2006, 01:33 PM
For me, it was love at first sight. And it's occurred twice, once when I was in Jr. High School (middle school) and when I met my wife.

The girl in Jr. High, we were good friends but never went out, she just wanted to remain friends. I still think about her.

My wife and I were in the Army, and when I first saw her she was in green fatigues. Not a white picket fence appearance for sure. She's the only girl I've ever dated, and we were married in 6 months in 1975.

And I can honestly say that I've never been angry enough with her over anything that would have caused me to start an argument. Maybe that's one of reasons she stays with me, because she sure doesn't like the fact that I'm trans. She tolerates it, and wants me to be happy, but she doesn't like it.

Tamara Croft
11-01-2006, 01:34 PM
:OMG: where do I start :heehee: We met over the internet, on ICQ and the first night we chatted felt like we had known each other for years. Two days later, we met up.... was so romantic :D and we've been together ever since. I sent him my picture and he just loved my eyes.... said they were to die for ;) I didn't get to see what he looked like until we met in person, but I wasn't disappointed, nice looking, fit body ;) not too tall either :D

JulieMichelle
11-01-2006, 01:51 PM
So many things... the way she looks at me when we talked. The many common interests we shared. The things she was able to teach me. The way she would bend over to put her books in her bag. :heehee: The way she would put lip gloss on her lips... mmm...

Really, it was everything. I just knew it was right.
:)
Julie

Joy Carter
11-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Instant attraction when we met. She was sexy, cute beyond compare and funny. We dated for twenty months and got married at age twenty. It was too soon for the both of us because we were not grown up yet. But we stuck it out had two great kids and now in out late fifties we are best friends and sole mates. I can't even think of what my life had been like if she had not kept me on the strait and narrow all these years.

Melinda Lou
11-01-2006, 02:53 PM
I like smart, funny women, and she's the smartest and funniest I've ever met. Not to mention she's still gorgeous after 15 years of marriage. She puts up with a lot of crap from me and still stands by me (provided I learn from my mistakes), and that's something you want to hang on to once you find it.

Sandra
11-01-2006, 03:07 PM
It was just something about her we just clicked, it certainly wasn't the way she looked, home on sick leave from the Army with a broken jaw all wired up with a good two weeks growth on her chin.

insearchofme
11-01-2006, 03:41 PM
It was her smile! I got lost in it and still haven't found my way out! I try to make her smile as much as I can!

christie
11-01-2006, 03:54 PM
When I first met her it was her eyes that swallowed me whole. She is one of the few people that I know that actually listen to what you have to say, whether she likes it or not she always listens. She is smart, funny, and beautiful. I trust her completely and she knows everything about me except my dressing, which is just a matter of time until I tell her.

Christie

midwest GG
11-01-2006, 05:04 PM
He was quiet, shy, absolutely gorgeous, and then I find out he was a bad boy----I was hooked!!! He had that aora(sp) about him that was so stimulating, before we even spoke I knew that I had to get on him!!! The first time I seen him, I told my friends that I would have his baby someday....I just didn't realize that baby turns into BABIES!!!! I knew from the begining that we complimented one another, and we would be together for a very long time...going on 11 years, and I love him more every single day.

Nigella
11-01-2006, 05:27 PM
It was just something about her we just clicked, it certainly wasn't the way she looked, home on sick leave from the Army with a broken jaw all wired up with a good two weeks growth on her chin.

That clicking was my jaw not us :devil:

But as Sandra says, not sure what it was, but we met on a Thursday, we didn't make any arrangements to meet again because Sandra was going away at the weekend. Over that weekend I missed her terribly, and I think I rang her on the Monday and arranged to meet at the begining of that week, the rest they say is history, but (and apologies to Jess) I love her more today than I did yesterday, but not as much as I will tomorrow. :love:

JoAnnDallas
11-02-2006, 10:31 AM
I met my wife at a singles function. I kept looking at her because I swear I had met her before. It turned out she was doing and thinking the same thing. A few months later, we decieded to live together. About a year later, we got married and son was born. :D We have had our arguments and one or two were really bad, but we got over them. Over all, we seem to be able to relate to each other very well. I still feel that the dajavue feeling was because we are soulmates and this is not the first life where we are a couple.

Iniquity Blonde GG
11-03-2006, 06:56 AM
i think it was everything with him. we met on lycos chat, ( although it wasnt a ideal relationship, and i wont go into to many details ), but we clicked straight away. it was his humour, then his voice !!! hes got a very sexy voice. when we first met i was like :p and tried to be all coy and flirt lol , and yes wasnt long be4 we consumatied the meeting lol :devil: but its the way he cares, he is moody lol and stubborn ( tut :Angry3: ) , but we seem to talk thru most of our probs, and boy have we been thru alot . but....... i love him with all my heart, hes my best friend/lover/soulmate. something ive been searching for many years and got wrong twice :straightface:
i hope'pray we grow old together :love:

KrazyKat
11-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Karen walked into the Real Estate office I worked at as an agent, and said, "I want to buy a house!!"

I was very professional until the papers were signed, but alas, we had become close friends, like I could feel vibes and things, like the hair on my arms tingle when it rained, etc.

It's always been the little "common" caring things that bring me back to how much I care for my life partner, ie, filling the car with gasoline, complimenting me on my new hairstyle, oh, uh, yeah, and the look, no one has ever really "seen" me before, as this person does!!

I'm a lucky, lucky Kat!!:D

GypsyKaren
11-03-2006, 04:10 PM
Her eyes, they blew me out of the water. Her smile, a mischievous cat grin. I could go on and on...

Karen

ubokvt
11-03-2006, 04:32 PM
She has the most trusting gentle spirit I have ever met, :be: she is totally incapable of doing harm to anyone. I am always safe with her. the fit between us has always been perfect and complete:love: :love:

Di
11-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Sher is beautiful inside and out....very thoughtful, caring and loving..... I feel like we are two pieces of a puzzle...finally finding my match.We are free to be ouselves.....love that...we can giggle over just everyday things together....and did I mention she is beautiful.:love:

DeeArel
11-04-2006, 08:26 AM
This is the best advice that you can give to any couple. We tend to lose sight of this over time and start focusing on the negative. If we did this more often, the negatives would not build up.

Carroll
11-04-2006, 09:10 AM
she was the only one that reacted when my oldest son said "guess what? My daddy is looking for a girlfriend" in McDonald's. It was loud enough for everybody in the store to hear it. I shrunk to about 3 inches due to embarrassment. No I did not tell him to do it! 8 years and several trails and tribulations later we are still very happily married!

Carroll

Kimmie W
11-04-2006, 09:20 AM
We worked togrther on different shifts in a store. I would be working in anaisle when she came in every morning. She was tall and stunning, and had to be conceited. When I got the nerve to talk to her (I had to) she turned out to be down to earth ang genuine. What really floored me was her sense of humor. Next year we celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. She knows all about me and that makes it even better.

kathy gg
11-04-2006, 07:19 PM
What attacted me to my hubby?

I think his level-headedness, his sarcastic smarty-pants sense of humor, we appeared to have enough things in common to get along, but enough difference to keep things interesting.

Oh yea and he looks dead sexy no matter what he has on....or not!:devil: