PDA

View Full Version : How do you meet other crossdressers?

curiousxdresser
01-08-2005, 12:28 AM
Here is a valid question (at least I hope its valid).

How do you go about meeting a fellow crossdresser? I mean this forum is amazing and I have only been posting here for a couple days and I can already say you girls are awesome, but how do you go about meeting a fellow girl in person? I would love to get tips from another girl and have her show me things about dressing that perhaps I haven't discovered yet (mainly make up tips! can never get enough of those). Anyways, I figured I would throw that one out there and see what different people had to say. Thanks all, once again you are all amazing!

Rob (Katie)

Tristen Cox
01-08-2005, 12:36 AM
Hi Katie, the besy advice I can give you is post an ad in the personals. It's frequented by many members looking to meet others. Sorry if that doesn't help very much.

*hugs*
Tristen

Cami
01-08-2005, 12:48 AM
I'm still a closet case but the only other CD I know met others in a chat room and arranged a night out at a TG bar here in Denver. The last I heard it didnt go well. Other than a chat room, No clue...

curiousxdresser
01-08-2005, 12:51 AM
See thats what im wondering,

Because as much as I love you girls already, who can you trust you know? That and how do you know you'll get along well with the cd your meeting. Who knows, maybe more posts that follow will have personal experiences ;) Keep em coming girls I love the messages and ideas!

Katie

Sweet Susan
01-08-2005, 01:15 AM
I'm not sure where in Massachussettes you are from, but if you are near a large city, such as Boston, you will be able to easily connect with crossdressers in person. The net is probably the lesser way to meet a crossdresser in person, mainly because you really don't know with whom you are talking. Many crossdressing organizations exist in large cities. I live in the Seattle area, and we have two; Emerald City and the Ingersol Clinic. Both are open to strangers, though you can become acquainted easily. Since you seem to be from central Massachussettes, you will probably find something in Boston. Using the net, you could google it easily, and you'll come up with an organization that can accommodate you. It is really much easier than you might think. Good luck.

Julia Legs
01-08-2005, 01:18 AM
Hi Katie,I have gone down this road and the best advice i can offer you is to try to make a connection with someone you can trust.If you want better details,pm me when you are online.Julia Legs

paulaN
01-08-2005, 06:24 AM
do you ever get to maine? pm me any time. I'v been looking for the exact same thing for years still trying.

Rachel Ann
01-08-2005, 06:39 AM
Using the net, you could google it easily, and you'll come up with an organization that can accommodate you. It is really much easier than you might think.
That's how I found my club. Good keywords are Crossdresser, CD, Transgender, TG and the name of the city or state that you are in or near.

Vickie-CD
01-08-2005, 06:59 AM
Katie, that is a very valid question. I work drag shows fairly often, find out if there are any clubs in your area that have drag shows, If so, go there and meet the "girls", after you get to know them you meet there friends , before you know it, you'll have a lot of friends that dress. This is just one method. I do know its hard when you don't have a friend that shares your interest.
Good Luck,
Vickie

JAYNETHOMPSON
01-08-2005, 08:21 AM
I made a lot of local friends via a shop that sells CD/TV goods here in the North East of England. After a big build up in courage I went into the shop dressed; the GG's in the shop were fantastic. After a few visits they told me of places where I could meet people of a like mind; I took their advice and bingo I found lots of CD / TV / TS friends on the local scene. As a very shy person this route has proved invaluable for me.
Good Luck
x
Jayne

ChristineRenee
01-08-2005, 08:53 AM
Here is a valid question (at least I hope its valid).

How do you go about meeting a fellow crossdresser? I mean this forum is amazing and I have only been posting here for a couple days and I can already say you girls are awesome, but how do you go about meeting a fellow girl in person? I would love to get tips from another girl and have her show me things about dressing that perhaps I haven't discovered yet (mainly make up tips! can never get enough of those). Anyways, I figured I would throw that one out there and see what different people had to say. Thanks all, once again you are all amazing!

Rob (Katie)A very good question Katie. I've been at this for 41 years and have yet to meet another CD in person. I've just been so grateful for this site and to be able to share thoughts and ideas with the girls here. I think as you post here more and get to know the girls better you will develop some trusting relationships that you can fall back on as a resource. You want to know how to be more girly...well just look at all the fanastic girls who post here and "draw from the well", so to speak. They are all very helpful and best of all very willing to help and share their expertise with you.

My advise for you would be getting comfortable in this forum before venturing out and connecting right away with the public. The resources are certainly out there, clubs, bars,organizations, etc. Of course, only you can know when the time is right for you. I'm just giving you my 2 cents worth from 40 + years of this and I've never met another CD in person myself after all this time. Just take it easy and slow and don't try to do too much too soon or expect too much too soon that is all I'm saying. Remember that the girls here are all here for your benefit. We share and learn from each other.

Good luck in finding others like yourself to connect with and be safe...always.:)

Love,
Christine Renee

Sharon
01-08-2005, 10:20 AM
I'm not sure where in Massachussettes you are from, but if you are near a large city, such as Boston, you will be able to easily connect with crossdressers in person. The net is probably the lesser way to meet a crossdresser in person, mainly because you really don't know with whom you are talking. Many crossdressing organizations exist in large cities. I live in the Seattle area, and we have two; Emerald City and the Ingersol Clinic. Both are open to strangers, though you can become acquainted easily. Since you seem to be from central Massachussettes, you will probably find something in Boston. Using the net, you could google it easily, and you'll come up with an organization that can accommodate you. It is really much easier than you might think. Good luck.

Katie:
Susan makes a good point here! Meet other crossdressers in a group situation first. First and foremost, you need to feel secure and there's greater safety with others around.