PDA

View Full Version : Would you want you children to follow your example?

Ranee Daze
11-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Let's get this one right. If my sons secretly fell into dressing I would deal with it. I would not prohibit it but I would make sure they were sure about what they were doing. I would never reveal my dressing to them however.

So here's what I feel: I hope that they don't fall into dressing.
What about you?

BethCD
11-01-2006, 04:54 PM
I would hope that he/they did not have the desire as I do...........Because of it is not YET well accepted. However if they were so inclined I would hope that I could impart some of my wisdom upon them Re: acceptance, tolerance, etc.
I would not try to talk them out of their desires but merely inquire the depth and and intensity of it. Then take it from there. This is as you all know a very fragile situation......

Beth

SatinSarah
11-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Great question. My 7 year old son takes a haelthy interest in what my wife is wearing and notices little things about her appearance so I wonder about him in the future. In so many other ways he is exactly like me so I suspect he will grow up to enjoy his feminine side. I will never tell him about me so I guess I will never find out unless he comes out to me when he is older. Hopefuly by then the world will be even more tolerant and he won't mind. I would love to be there for him to offer help, support and love if it happens. I know there is no point trying to talk him out of it. Nobdoy could talk me out of part of my being!

Sarah

hotbobbie
11-01-2006, 05:18 PM
As we all know how tough it is i would hope that they would not need to cd but having said that if they did i would try to guide them thru it and help them from making some of the mistakes i did.

MJ
11-01-2006, 05:36 PM
thats a real good question. if my son wanted to CD i would like to think he would open and honest about it first of all.. and i hope he would ask me for some advice. i am a ts and everyone knows ... however he is 17 ,250 pounds and plays football so i doubt it. if ever he wants to see me. i will get a picture of us to show you i am tiny compared to him.. but i too hope he never has to go through what i have... hugs

Joy Carter
11-01-2006, 05:41 PM
For one they don't know so no example to follow. But if they had I would tell them of all the mistakes that I made hoping they didn't follow. I already have told them about my real life mistakes so they are pretty level headed kids. Unlike their dad at their ages.

Sophia Rearen
11-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Let's get this one right. If my sons secretly fell into dressing I would deal with it. I would not prohibit it but I would make sure they were sure about what they were doing. I would never reveal my dressing to them however.

So here's what I feel: I hope that they don't fall into dressing.
What about you?

I feel that cder's are some of the luckiest people on the planet. We get to share openly with ourselves and sometimes others, our true selves. How many other people in society do that? So, dealing with it is not the issue, it's how to guide him and embrace his good fortune. Sure there will be plenty of bumps down the road, however, he knows he can talk to me, because he knows I cd.

samantha#1
11-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Hi Ranee, The only thing I really care about for my 2 children is that they lead a happy, safe and fulfilling life; not too sure that I would ever reveal myself feeme side to them though.
Samantha

soccervixen
11-01-2006, 07:00 PM
no I would not reveal to them, and hope they follow their own leadings, and if they dressed, unless they needed to explore where it comes from, that they wouldn't tell me. I think BethCD said it well.

Penny
11-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Well, all of my sons are grown and all of them know and have seen me. The
example I set was to be a loving, caring devoted father. Fortunately, none of my sons inherited the pretty gene; it is not herititary. I believe one just randonly gets it when we are born. If one of my sons had gotten it, he would have understood much more and would not spend a half of a lifetime trying to figure things out. Wisdom alway has a place.

sarah-smith
11-01-2006, 07:07 PM
I wouldn't want my children (when I have them) to follow my example but I'd want them to be who they are.

when I have kids I'd want them to be open and honest if they were or wanted to be a crossdresser so I could support them

I don't care if I'd have to take my son out shopping for his first bra and later his first pair of heels or take my daughter around mens clothing shops for whatever she wanted.

but I don't want them to do it just because I do! thats not them being themselves!

soccervixen
11-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Most of us are not open with our families, so there is no example to follow, except perhaps the example of deceit, of living 2 lives parallel. So no, as I think about it, I would not want them to be like that.

tall_brianna
11-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Doesn't know and won't know until he's least 18-20 (I hope). And no, I don't want him to follow my example - I want him to choose what best suites him (no pun intended), not be ashamed and not feel as if he has to fit in the confines of a small and narrow minded societal box of gender.

-b

Katelyn
11-01-2006, 11:01 PM
If I found out, I wouldn't let him know I knew. I would respect his privacy. If he came out and told me, I would greet him with open arms. I would try to be there for him anyway I could. I don't care if my son was straight, gay, cd, tv, or ts, I would still love him and be there for him no matter what.:hugs: