PDA

View Full Version : Unusual late bloomer?

Brenda_fish
11-01-2006, 03:09 PM
I originally wrote this in response to the "late start" thread started by kayla_cd_va but figured it would just get buried. But hey, this is my true story! It seems I'm a bit unusual in how I started. I'd be interested to know if there are any other girls like this.

I started recently, but unlike most here, I never had any conscious feelings about actually dressing until a few years ago. In my teens and 20s I was totally into "chicks", but so was every other guy on the planet. I was enfatuated with every pretty girl I saw and I could not take my eyes off of them. In hindsight, I think I was trying to figure out what made them so pretty and attractive. In my mid-30s I started to pay much more detailed attention to clothes, make-up, hair styles, etc. and formed strong opinions on what styles and "looks" I liked. I started buying things for my wife that fit those mental images. I devoured Victorias Secret catalogs trying to find things I liked for her (and that she might wear, even if in private). Still, that did not seem particularly unusual to me, lot of men buy sexy stuff for their SOs. Then about 3 or 4 years ago I had the creeping realization that many of the things I was shopping for were things that I actually wished I could wear. Wow, that was a strange and scary but there was no denying that it made me excited. I was always fairly "manly" but I realized that that did make me different from most other men. Of course, I knew about drag queens and had vague notions of heterosexual CDs, but now, it seemed, I might be one of them. For a couple of years I tried to supress and deny it, but it became clear that my feelings were for-real and were becoming stronger. After a whole lot of axiety, I came out to my wife just over a year ago. It seems that most girls here had strong CD feelings at an early age even if they did not act on them until later. I suppose you can see the CD tendencies in my past even if I was not conscious of them.

But however it developed, I'm here and I love it.
And this site has helped immeasurably! :love:

Love,
Brenda

paulap
11-01-2006, 11:38 PM
Brenda, this is very much my story as well! As I became very motivated to see my wife in so many "certain" things, it became obvious to me that I wanted to be just as sexy and no men's clothes fit the bill.

CharleneCD
11-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Dont feel too alone, I was a late bloomer also. I didnt realize till last year when I was 38. My wife and I discovered it by accident. Best thing that could have ever happened to me. But like you after thinking about itI coud see that the tendancies were always there.

Deanna2
11-03-2006, 03:39 AM
Brenda, you are not alone. But then I've been slow on most things I've ever done.

Like you, I used to buy my wife a lot of clothes that I don't think she'd have bought on her own. However, she did wear them - much to my satisfaction. I remember one particular hotpants outfit I bought her. I know everyone is blanching right now, but back then they were HOT. I used love taking her out in that gear and judging by the number of times she wore it, so did she.

I started wearing panties and pantyhose about fifteen years ago and finally wound up getting right into femme gear, which my wife tolerates rather than accepts.

Brenda_fish
11-03-2006, 04:35 PM
Thanks for your nice replies. Was starting to think I was the only one who didn't start in childhood. But like I said, I'm here and I love it!

My wife occasionally wears the stiletto pumps I bought for her when we go out. Lucky her (and me)!

Hugs,
Brenda

Ellie C
11-03-2006, 07:31 PM
i first had curiosity @ 12 wth my mums things , thruoghteens and 20's nothing , i suppressed it :S , then i baught my first pair of stockings and sussies for ME !!! . after that part of me was free. when i got married it was supression again but i eventualy told her and she seemed to think it was just a passing phase but no it was'nt and she put up with it . now im divorced ( nothing to do with my crossdressing b t w lol ) and have a woman in my life who supports me with my dressing , im a lucky man ( she's called wickedblonde gg on here :)
)

discovery
11-07-2006, 09:19 PM
This is exactly what happended to me tow years ago. I was laid off from my job recovering from surgery and realized finally why I was buying all these gorgeous clothes for my wife. One day shopping I said to her this is something that I would wear (long Cavalli gown). After that I felt envious when we went shopping because she was getting all the pretty clothes and she always said lets go to the mens section and see what we can find for you. I was crying inside it hurt so bad... Eventually I told her and she reacted very negatively something I would not have expected from someone in the modelling business but I am finally out to MYSELF and her. I cannot ignore or deny who I am any longer and it makes me feel more centered and whole intergrating all of me. Where our relationship will go I do not know right now its dont ask and dont tell. She put the latest Essence magazine on my night stand and said you should read it. It has an article about a marine that wnet through SRS recently ending in divorce with kids. I really do not know what, if anything, she was trying to say to me. I now fight daily with these feeling of wishing to be out and a woman. I do not know if I could go through SRS though although I am making small steps like removing all facial and leg hair, letting my hair grow long, plucking my eyebrows and wearing feminine clothes every day. This is such a large part of me to my suprise I am wondering if this is what I should have been all of these years? If so how do I get there and what about the fallout and relationships and friends and work? Please pray for me. I have seen counselors for the entire year an dthey tell me to be discreet but I amd far beyond that now. HELP any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.