PDA

View Full Version : Really Need Help!

nuffsaid
01-08-2005, 12:30 AM
I really need help with this. My doctor increased the dosage of my hormone therapy and ever since, my emotions have been out of wack. The simplest things upsets me easily' things that I usually shrug off.

Today I had an argument with the HR people about some of my personnel (Details not necessary). And in the middle of the discussion I broke down and started to cry. I immediately walked out of there into the restroom to compose myself. I splashed some water on my face and tried to get a hold of myself. I think that the whole office now thinks that I have personal problems. This is humiliating.
This is not the first instance. I went to see a movie a couple of weeks ago and at the ending was a tribute to someone I teared up even though the tribute wasn’t that moving. Some commercials on tv, I start to fall in love with some of the characters. Etc…

I don’t know if any of you are or have been going through this but does anyone have any advice or suggestions on how to not make this happen. I’m feeling way vulnerable.

KewTnCurvy GG
01-08-2005, 12:43 AM
Honey, welcome to womanhood:p. Seriously. Though I'm not one ruled by my emotions by a long shot I have found hormones wrecking havoc on my body and emotions. I can say, when and where you feel it appropriate then don't hold your crying or expressing of emotions back. Let it out. That generallly helps for when you are then placed in situations where it isn't appropriate. Most women have to learn to modulate their emotions so that in professional circumstances or other situations where it wouldn't be appropriate to express them, they have control. You in new territory, on new ground. Give yourself space. :)

hugs
kew

Chrissycd
01-08-2005, 01:01 AM
It'll be okay. I am not taking hrt yet, but I have heard other girls on it say the same sorts of things. Your male hormones and your female ones are in a tug of war over you. The male ones (and your past history as a male) tell you such feelings are alien and that you should reject them and fight them. The hrt is forcing you to feel otherwise. You're in the middle. It isn't going to be very easy sometimes. At some point in the transition though, my belief is that you will sort of surrender to this new way of "being you".
I teach high school. I see girls going through this almost daily, if not daily. Their hormones are kicking in, and they don't know what the hell to do. It's very difficult. I've had girls be happier than Cinderella at the ball, one minute, and crying the next. I've had them crack up and have to leave the classroom b/c they have to take a test they "aren't ready for" (when they are among the best prepared). I've seen beautiful girls crying at the dance b/c some dopey boy doesn't have a clue HOW MUCH that night matters to them. Honey, it's a chemical thing in the body and mind. It's going to take some time. I start gender therapy in two weeks, and, with luck, I'll be as confused and scared as you are in about 4 or 5 months. Please be here for me then, b/c you will look at me with knowing and understanding that I will need. I hope I've helped you feel a little better. I've always loved your avatar. She's a beautiful girl, the one inside you, that is. Cherish her. If others witness your struggles, maybe that isn't so bad. Maybe it'll make them wake up to the fact that there are still people in the world who have emotions and who aren't afraid to express them. Still, I know, that's easy for me to say. They've probably known you for some time, and now, out of the blue, here you are acting "strangely". Is there anyone you can tell, who you can count on to understand, and who will support you there? If not, remember, we're here for you. Every one of us. :)
Love and hugs,
Chrissy

nuffsaid
01-08-2005, 09:01 AM
Thank you. I am going to try to keep it under control. try to get a balance of it. the thing that really gets me is the odd times it pops up.

Chrissycd
01-08-2005, 01:06 PM
I thought we were talking about GIRL stuff...
;)

ChristineRenee
01-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Thank you. I am going to try to keep it under control. try to get a balance of it. the thing that really gets me is the odd times it pops up.Hi nuff. I think I feel your pain. (pardon the expression)

I am currently on HRT and have been now for almost a year. It definitely affects your emotions. Although I have never been a crier, I know that there are a lot of times now when the hormones seem to just take over. I know that during these times I get a lot more on edge...kinda like having PMS. (I'm guessing) You got your male body fighting with your female mind in a tug of war over just who oversees the property. It is exactly as Chrissy described it. You just have to kinda fight your way thru it really. Hopefully, the hormones will eventually overcome the male side and stablize you. I'm hoping at least...I'm not there yet either.

Hang in there nuff...it should get better...and easier...with time. We hope!:p

Love,
Christine Renee

lisamarie67
01-11-2005, 05:37 AM
Honey that is part of being a woman. I also have become very emotional, female hormones will make us that way.

michel
01-31-2005, 07:01 PM
Ill be taking hrt soon, Boy I cant wait. Sounds like fun,MMMm anyone know of how to get rid of the adams apple???