PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Horror!

Bunny_B
11-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Hey!

Sat in work this week when the girl who sits opposite me, C, mentioned she was going to see The Rocky Horror Show this December. I sat in silence for a moment thinking "How the hell did I miss this?" and swiftly got online to book a ticket for the show.

going off on tangent number one here..

I thought about it and really there's none of my friends that'd probably want to go so I bought one ticket. To my good luck it turns out because I only needed one ticket, I get a seat in the front row of the circle, probably one of the best seats in the house! but anyway...

where was I? Oh yeah, so I bought a ticket and then thought, "You know, this is probably the best chance you're ever going to get of dressing up and leaving the house and not looking like the odd one out." So I set about daydreaming what to wear and decided that I'd go as Trixie the Usherette.

tangent number two..

this won't strictly be the first time I'd dressed up for Rocky Horror. When I was in University, a bar in town held a RH theme night on Halloween. This just happened to be the same weekend that one of my housemate's sister was staying with us. She's a theatre costume designer and a massive Rocky fan. When she heard about this, she turned up to ours with a suitcase of fishnets suspender belts and other assorted props. I actively volunteered myself to go as Frank N Furter in a bold and very heterosexual way ;) She did our make up and the night was a lot of fun. My point here is, yes there is a point, she was going as The Usherette in a costume she had made herself. AS I'd never seen the stage version, I wasn't even aware of the usherette character until she arrived.

SO! I decided it be fun to try and do the same. A typical 'Trixie' looks like
http://www.glittercritter.com/timeslip/ush/slides/ush16.jpg

I've just bought this dress (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-PC-WAITRESS-UNIFORM-COSTUME-SIZE-1X2X_W0QQitemZ160043988352); but I'm wondering if it might be a bit skimpy or too thin. Any ideas? I need to get a nice pair of frilly white knickers and stockings/shoes next. I think the costume will be about done then.

It struck me, then as I paid for the dress, "Oh no, what if C's there and recognises me?" I hadn't asked her which date she was going to, but the next day I slipped into conversation that I got a ticket and she's going on a different night. *phew* well, that's one potential embaressing situation averted. There's plenty more that might arise.

The show's on Dec 9th. So just over a month away. I thought this would be plenty of time, but now I'm not so sure. I need to living in my flat by the end of the month or things could be really scuppered.

I was planning on taking a trip down to Doreen's in London to get myself my first wig/bra/boobs and find out my shoe size in a couple of weeks time. This might have to be done at the last minute. Or, worst of all.. not at all. eek.

Worst comes to the worst (I still don't have a flat of my own by Dec) I won't be able to go dressed up, at any other rate, it looks like I might have to take a day off work in the first week in Dec to go and get my fem products.

Was that post long enough for you? :P

I've been here an hour, I think. Any other regular Frankie fans?

Joy Carter
11-01-2006, 06:01 PM
God I saw the movie almost thirty years ago. I was a big Susan Surandon fan. I was totally mesmerized by the film. So many funny and not so funny skits to be sure. I'd had loved to dressed for any part and do an onstage cameo during a film presentation.

Sedona
11-01-2006, 06:04 PM
Yowza!

That dress! Is it too skimpy? Well, for Rocky Horror, no, but you're gonna have to do a heck of a tuck job to pull it off. But, be warned, it's probably gonna need some modification to fit like you want it to.

I've seen RH about a half dozen times over the years, and while I'm def. not a groupie, have usually enjoyed myself. Just don't tell them you're a RH Virgin, and they won't drag you up on stage for a spanking (but then again, it might be fun). I might think about rounding up a few friends to go with. Safety in numbers, especially if you can talk some of them into dressing as well.

Good luck!

tall_brianna
11-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Tim Curry in full drag... what could be a better costume than the Transylvanian Transvestite? That has to be a CDer's dream!

Have fun. I'm so jealous! :hugs:

-b

Bunny_B
11-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Yowza!

That dress! Is it too skimpy? Well, for Rocky Horror, no, but you're gonna have to do a heck of a tuck job to pull it off. But, be warned, it's probably gonna need some modification to fit like you want it to.
Good luck!

You really think so? Oh well, we'll see. I have bought one of the larger sizes, hopefully that's a little bit longer. Also I'm planning on getting a big frilly pair of panties to wear underneath. And fortunately/unfortunately whichever way you look on it, I don't have 'much' to tuck.

obviously, I'll let you all know how things pan out..

*cut to me sat there in a pair of jeans and a shirt*

joanlynn28
11-01-2006, 07:24 PM
To this day everytime I see Tim Currey in a movie I still think of him as Dr. Frank N. Footer. A few months ago a bunch of us girls where going to go see the midnight showing of RH but sadly it didn't happen. But I did enjoy watching RH last night on Halloween, it was on VH1 and was fun to see it again, but of course seeing it in a crowded theater is still the only way to truely enjoy the show.

Bobbie cd
11-01-2006, 08:51 PM
I am definitely a fan. In fact, I am a member of the
official RHPS fan club. Have been to the midnight shows several times. Unfortunately, they no longer run the midnight shows here where I live due to the immature antics of some movie-goers. :sad:

To compensate, I had to buy a copy on VHS many years ago!:D

Rachel Morley
11-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Worst comes to the worst (I still don't have a flat of my own by Dec) I won't be able to go dressed up
Why not?...how about getting dressed in your car? I know this sounds weird, but I've done it a couple of times. I wore as much as I dare under my trench coat and did my make up and wig in the car mirror. OK, it wasn't perfect but hey, it's Rocky Horror....anything goes, right?

I'm a huge fan, I've seen the movie more times than I can remember, (the last time was last month) and been to the stage show four times (all in the UK). I've also been to Rocky themed costume parties at people's houses several times. I usually go as Frankenfurter, or Magenta. :D

Shannon CD
11-01-2006, 11:05 PM
I have loved RHPS for 18 years or so. I now have the DVD version. I love it for the extra features, mostly the commentary.

Sedona
11-02-2006, 12:17 AM
You really think so? Oh well, we'll see. I have bought one of the larger sizes, hopefully that's a little bit longer. Also I'm planning on getting a big frilly pair of panties to wear underneath. And fortunately/unfortunately whichever way you look on it, I don't have 'much' to tuck.

obviously, I'll let you all know how things pan out..

*cut to me sat there in a pair of jeans and a shirt*

Cool,

Should work out well then. I find that dresses that are big enough to fit the shoulders/arms, need to be taken in quite a bit on the waist, and especially the hips. If it's that's the case, a few strategic stitches should do the trick.

Cheers,