PDA

View Full Version : I was en femme for Halloween!

Lisa Maren
11-02-2006, 12:08 AM
Hi everyone

I bit the bullet and went to my Halloween party en femme! I had everything except makeup. I had some stick-on nails (with the "french manicure" look), black peasant skirt, orange turtleneck, small purse, nice brown wig, black pantyhose, and black mary janes. I was wearing a necklace, magnetic black earrings (that looked like pierced earrings). bracelet and women's watch.

I had many good comments and not a single bad one!

I heard things like:
"You look hot!"
"You make a good woman!"
"Well done! You look very believable!"
"Your wig looks so real!"
"Your wig looks really natural!"
"Did you get your nails done? They look better than mine!" -- I got that comment from several GGs, actually!
"You have the best costume!" -- I got that from two or three people, including at least one GG.
“You look really good.”
“It is so funny seeing you walk into a men’s room!” -- Comment from another GG

Fortunately the men’s room was only being used by our group, so it wasn’t 100% public. Actually, I was invited to go elsewhere after that party, but I said only if there was a one-person or unisex bathroom. Even besides that, I figured that on Halloween, a lot of people are drunk and given the positive comments I'd had on my look plus my small stature (5'4") I thought it risky to go elsewhere and declined (I would not be able to defend myself). Now I wish I had gone with them. :laughing:

When I first walked into the party room, one girl took one look at me and she goes "Yeaaaaaaaaaah!" and just started laughing. :laughing:
Every time someone else saw me they always got a hugely surprised look on their face and said “Oh my god!!!” :eek:

I also got comments such as:
“Where did you get the bra?”
“Where did you get the wig?”
“Where did you get the shoes?”
I simply said I got everything from a friend of mine. Except for the wig, I told them I bought it at a store not far from the school, actually.

I was also asked what my bra was stuffed with and I just said “falsies”.
Another GG told me she liked my “body appropriate boobs” and most guys overdo it with breast size when they dress up.

A couple of people asked me (together, at the same time) if I'd dressed up like this before. I said, "never like this!" Technically, that's true enough. The wig was new, I hadn't done the nails before, the purse was new, and I hadn't dressed in public yet. True enough!

The guy who kept feeling me up remarked that I should use a girl's name. I basically said something like, "Okay, whatever. Pick one." He never did. :laughing:

Naturally, I cracked a few jokes of my own such as “They say pantyhose are supposed to be warm but they’re so not!” (It was 50F at the time, but it felt like 30F.) She absolutely cracked up and replied, “Tell me about it!” :laughing: One girl came as herself (as she looked ten years earlier). She said the only difference, almost, was that she grew boobs. I said, "so did I." We both cracked up.

You know what? I was expecting – well, okay, hoping – that I would feel either that I really didn’t like being dressed in public or (more ideally) that it felt absolutely right. Neither was the case. It felt rather anticlimactic, actually. I have to say, though, there was always someone saying something about the "costume" (and even one guy feeling me up – he did that three times, the swine). So, there really wasn’t any period of time when people sort of “forgot” about my "costume" and I could just experiment with my feelings, if you will. I think that made it a bit more difficult for me to get to the bottom of how I felt like that.

But I must point out, however, that perhaps, for those who are a woman on the inside, anticlimactic is how it feels. I suppose my little venture might have been telling after all, if that's the case.

I did really enjoy it, though! I was quite comfortable in my skirt and hose. I did find it difficult to let go (entirely, anyway) of being nervous.

There were also one or two moments when I did experience something very much like what a girl would experience. For instance, while I was walking back to my car there were three men (all quite larger than me) perhaps ten yards ahead of me and at least one of them was looking in my direction. I found myself intimidated and wondering if I could get to my car before they got to me. Fortunately, they simply walked away and there was never a problem. I wondered, though, if that’s what it’s usually like for a GG walking alone at night. I really was intimidated.
Then, of course, there was the guy feeling my boobs. That really put me off. I can’t imagine how much a GG must absolutely loathe that! There I was, attempting to experiment with my femininity and this guy seemed totally focused on my boobs. Good gawd, that’s nasty!
At one point, a guy did open a beer for me (I couldn’t find a “church key” and he attempted to pry it open with the butt end of his cigarette lighter.) he was with a girl, though, so it wasn’t like an act of chivalry or anything. Still, it was interesting. I did wonder (rhetorically, of course) if he’d have done the same were I dressed en drab.

Anyway, it was fun! I have one pic, so far, which is posted here, but I definitely got at least half a dozen pictures taken. Many people wanted to take a picture with me! :laughing:

Now, I think I need to experiment with going out en femme on a non-Halloween day and see how I feel.

Hugs,
Lisa

Lisa Maren
11-02-2006, 12:09 AM
There we are!

Hugs,
Lisa

ColleenCD
11-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Lisa, great read. You seem to have learned first hand some of what the women of the world experience on a daily basis. You also seemed to have a had a great party and experience with good friends.:D

Colleen

DressRehersal
11-02-2006, 04:37 AM
Alright, I admit, I'm looking at you through my jealousy tinted green eyes. Congrats, and I'm sure we're all looking forward to more picture!

Kristen Kelly
11-02-2006, 05:10 AM
I used to go out in public just on Halloween, did that for a few years. Last year went out for Halloween to NYC parade and a party, even rode the train into the city. That started my dressing on a regular basis and now I am as confortable dressed enfem as in drab(if not more). I find is all about confidence and how good you feel you look. Hope you begin to get out and enjoy your new found freedom.

RachelDenise
11-02-2006, 05:55 AM
Lisa, some excellent observations and interesting story of your experience. Thanks for sharing.

SherriePall
11-02-2006, 08:06 AM
Lisa -- Thanks for sharing the story. You made some good observations. And from that pic, you must have looked just fine.

cd_lisaplaything
11-02-2006, 08:15 AM
You did good, girl! Glad it all went well. I'm just spewing that the party I was going to has been canned- it's now just down to three couples in total. What a bummer! I was so looking forward to skirting up.

Carroll
11-02-2006, 08:32 AM
Sounds Like you have fun. I had a nifty adventure also (http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43609)
I also posted picture of my kids and wife

Sophia Rearen
11-02-2006, 08:41 AM
You know what? I was expecting – well, okay, hoping – that I would feel either that I really didn’t like being dressed in public or (more ideally) that it felt absolutely right. Neither was the case. It felt rather anticlimactic, actually. I have to say, though, there was always someone saying something about the "costume" (and even one guy feeling me up – he did that three times, the swine). So, there really wasn’t any period of time when people sort of “forgot” about my "costume" and I could just experiment with my feelings, if you will. I think that made it a bit more difficult for me to get to the bottom of how I felt like that.

But I must point out, however, that perhaps, for those who are a woman on the inside, anticlimactic is how it feels. I suppose my little venture might have been telling after all, if that's the case.

I did really enjoy it, though! I was quite comfortable in my skirt and hose. I did find it difficult to let go (entirely, anyway) of being nervous.

Now, I think I need to experiment with going out en femme on a non-Halloween day and see how I feel.

Hugs,
Lisa

Lisa,
I'm glad you decided to go. Good for you. Yes, Halloween not only disguises your appearance but some of your feelings as well. While it is great to get out, it is under false pretense. I'm wondering how much anxious nervousness you felt before walking into the party? If there was alot, then the anticlimatic feeling came from your comfort of the fun and acceptance you were feeling once you knew everything was cool.
Just as other feelings come and go, so does the anticlimatic one for me. I might be driving and feel "what's the big deal?" or at a mall and feel "why was this such a challenge?" It just feels right. Feeling quite comfortable in your skirt and hose is the key to confidence. I always say to people I'm with while enfemme, "I'm still me under here, I only see the fringes of my hair and my finger nails. You're the one who is looking at the woman." Yet, underneath, I'm feeling like a woman or a man or most importantly, I'm feeling like me.

stacie
11-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Good for you, The first is always the hardest. I live part time as a female and do go out alot. so remember to try and fit in on what you wear in public and you should have no problems. So cool and hugg,s Stacie.

Lissa Stevens
11-02-2006, 10:07 AM
It can be a strange experience going out fully enfemme, even for Halloween. I did it one year to my sister-in-law's party. My wife had no idea I was going to do this. I went dressed as a normal woman would, just everyday clothes. I carefully did my makeup and put on false nails. I even shaved my legs, now they are shaved 24/7. The reactions I got were great. Most of the guys wanted to know what it felt like to be dressed enfemme. (How many of us closeted CDs are there?) The women treated me like one of their own. I spent alomost all nite with the women and it felt wonderful. I WAS just one of the girls. I got comments from the ggs about my nails being better looking than theirs and how nice I looked. It is a nite I will remember forever.

Lisa Maren
11-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Hi there

cd_lisaplaything - That is a bummer about your party! Sorry to hear that. I guess there's next year.

Sophia - I was about 85% confident that nothing would go wrong (it was Halloween, after all), but still a bit nervous. I think I was nervous, not about the way I was dressed, but about the possibility that people might figure out my secret. There probably were enough details in my appearance to make some people wonder. I figure if my secret does get out then... maybe it's time. :)

Then again, I received an email from one of the girls who took pictures and it contained a like to her Picasa photo page and that's where I got the photo I posted. I have to admit that I didn't think of the possibility of pictures being taken and posted on the internet. At my grad school today, several GGs who were unable to attend but who had seen the pictures comented along the lines of, "So, you dressed up as a pretty laaaaady?" "Yup." I said it with a smile of course. So, I can tell the word is spreading somewhat. :laughing: Ah well, it was Halloween and this is the only time I've been en femme for Halloween, so I doubt there's too much to be concerned about. Like I said, if I get outed, then maybe it's time.

Melissa -- I'll remember Lisa's first night out forever, too! :)

Now to figure out my next experimental venture.

Hugs,
Lisa

hiprule
11-02-2006, 05:22 PM
I had the same sort of experience. I went as Twiggy (the girl who dressed me knew my secret). But it was anti-climactic because it was just a joke, people slapped my ass, some compliments etc. but it just felt like I was dressed in a costume, fooling around. That was fun, though, I'm sayin'.

interesting story, and you look good!

ankletauntie
11-02-2006, 08:39 PM
I'm with you girl. Took my first steps out to a venue that wasn't a gay bar or a TV night out. Some not so witty comments but had a ball. My local pub will never be the same again. The landlady says Lauren can go back.
Lauren.xx

Lisa Maren
11-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Hi everyone

I have a good frontal pic of me to show you. This is what I looked like on Halloween.

Hugs,
Lisa

tall_brianna
11-03-2006, 05:25 PM
:OMG:

You look great. What a good inspirational read. Way to go!

-b

Lauren Richards
11-03-2006, 11:43 PM
Great experience! Photo looks totally natural. Thanks for sharing your adventures.

Lauren

Deidra Cowen
11-04-2006, 07:24 AM
A very lovely adventure, you did very well it sounds like and had fun which is the most important thing. You write very well too by the way.

Oh yeah, I like that outfit!

Carol A
11-04-2006, 07:50 AM
I remember my first Halloween party many many years ago. My wife and her sister dressed me up all the way and I fooled all the adults but every kid on the block looked at me and called me by name. As a side note the sex was the best I ever had that night.:hugs: