PDA

View Full Version : buying skirts

DarLynn
11-02-2006, 05:13 AM
can anybody tell me where i can find a size chart to see what size skirts i am. i can't seem to find one and want to buy some buy i don't want to go to the store and try them on. at least not yet. help me please.

Terri Ryan
11-02-2006, 05:50 AM
hi
most on-line sites that i've used have a size chart included & are usually reasonably accurate, well at least they tend to be a little oversize rather than not wearable

Karren H
11-02-2006, 07:44 AM
Just go to a store that doesnt have assisted dressing rooms, and grab a few different sizes of skirts and a few pair of mens slacks.....and go to the mens dressing room and try them on!! Easy and simple.....that way you will know for sure.... Kohl's is a great place to do that....

Love Karren

Phyliss
11-02-2006, 07:58 AM
If it is of any help, my waist size is 36" and I'm 5'9" tall. I can wear a size 12 or 14 skirt depending on the style. Use that as a gauge for yourself.
I would also suggest getting skirts with an elastic waist for starters. Once you know your size then experiment with non elastic waist.

stacie
11-02-2006, 08:38 AM
Both Karren and Phyliss have great suggestions, and maybe this will help also, I,m 6'2" have a 32in waist and I wear a size 8 or a size 10 at times. If I shop at, Kohls its always a size 8. Online catalogs like, newport-news size 10..

Kristen Marie
11-02-2006, 09:40 AM
I like those ideas, especially the slacks/Kohls idea. At 6', it's tought to get the length right. Sleeves too short or the middle not long enough.

Stacie, lovely site, beautiful pictures of a beautiful girl.

Billijo49504
11-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Hi and welcome to the family. I agree with the "try it on" advice, but if you can't or won't, always check the chart on the site you are shopping at. I just checked, I have skirts in 14, 16 and 18 that fit and also skirts in those sizes that don't fit. Good luck....BJ

Paula Thomas
11-02-2006, 10:11 AM
If you get a JC Penney catalog (and probably a lot of other women's clothing catalogs), it will have a sizing chart, showing how/where to take your measurements (hip, waist, etc.), and what size skirts match.

Angela Burke
11-02-2006, 10:29 AM
You can always do the old "piece of string trick".
That's holding a piece of string or rope around your
waist, cutting it so the edges touch, take it with you
when shopping, fold in half and hold up against the
waistband of the skirt your interested in.
Don't trust the sizes on skirt labels, they are
almost always wrong.
Good luck
And a good fit.

Kimberly
11-02-2006, 11:06 AM
A 10(UK) is about 32" waist... which I think translates to size 8 US?? xx

noname
11-02-2006, 02:21 PM
I know you don't want to go in store. But it's really not that bad. Start out with a jean skirt, drap it over your fore arm, and go to the changing room. I think most people would think it's a pair of jeans. Relax about shopping, it truely is between the ears.

Deanna2
11-03-2006, 03:45 AM
If you buy skirts with elasticized waists, you generally don't have to worry to much about an actual size.