PDA

View Full Version : "You should be able to wear what you want"

Karren H
11-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Ran over to the Ice Rink at Noon to sign up for the next season... Playoffs this week and next and were in first!! And had a great encounter with one of the secretarys there...

After filing out the paperwork and giving her my Visa card, she made a comment about my rings...."I think its great that you wear rings like that". Had on my wedding band, college class ring and a plain pinky ring.. Thanks, I replyed. She then went on to tell me about her husband and not liking to wear even his wedding ring, which she had on her thumb...

And that would have been the end of the conversation but I blurted out "I really love jewelry and would wear more but you know....guys aren't supposed to wear jewelry"... And she replyed "That's silly, You should be able to wear what you want"!!!

I smiled...she smiled, and I agreed and winked at her as I headed for the door... Too bad she's married. And I'm married. Hehehe

And I know....she was just talking rings and jewelry.....but that's way more acpting than most that I bump into on a daily basis!!

Love Karren

Stephenie S
11-02-2006, 01:04 PM
I know all about that "He doesn't even want to wear his wedding ring" BS and she should too. This shmuck just wants to have a little more freedom in the bars at night. Any real man wears his wedding ring with pride.

Lovies,
Steph

Annaliese
11-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Ran over to the Ice Rink at Noon to sign up for the next season... Playoffs this week and next and were in first!! And had a great encounter with one of the secretarys there...

After filing out the paperwork and giving her my Visa card, she made a comment about my rings...."I think its great that you wear rings like that". Had on my wedding band, college class ring and a plain pinky ring.. Thanks, I replyed. She then went on to tell me about her husband and not liking to wear even his wedding ring, which she had on her thumb...

And that would have been the end of the conversation but I blurted out "I really love jewelry and would wear more but you know....guys aren't supposed to wear jewelry"... And she replyed "That's silly, You should be able to wear what you want"!!!

I smiled...she smiled, and I agreed and winked at her as I headed for the door... Too bad she's married. And I'm married. Hehehe

And I know....she was just talking rings and jewelry.....but that's way more acpting than most that I bump into on a daily basis!!

Love Karren

It is so true I have a co-worker that comments on my watch being a girls watch and why I don't wear a mans watch. I have also had the same person comment on my nails being long, most every one else either says nothing, with a few saying how much they would like to have nails like mine. It has been getting worse this fall with this person and I have to see her every day.

Anna

Kristen Marie
11-02-2006, 01:27 PM
What a great, fun way to enjoy your feminine side. I remember admiring an incredible lingerie display at a high end Boston store and then very proper sales clerk came offer to offer assistance. I said to her that ladies have such great underclothes to wear. She responded to say that their collection was one of the best and showed me a few items, as if I was interested in them for my wife. After a few minutes of examining some of the items, I again mentioned something about ladies being so lucky, and to my surprise she said we sell to a number of men, and some very influential. She proceeded to show me where she kept the larger sizes and she almost said the same thing, that you should be able to wear what you want. I confided in her that I had bought items for myself in the discount stores when I was younger (like yesterday) , but never considered a store like hers. She helped me select my size and could not have been nicer.

I learned from that experience that it is so much more fun to have them convince you that it's OK to buy (or wear) things, than trying to force a situation.

hotbobbie
11-02-2006, 01:40 PM
And I do.

Jillian310
11-02-2006, 01:53 PM
I always wear my wedding ring, and a really nice yin yang/multiple diamonds ring on my right ring finger. When en femme, I add 2 more rings to the right hand, leaving the fu finger bare, and on the left, three more rings, one of which is a good knock off of an engagement ring that I wear with the wedding ring. A girl my age that wears a wedding band in public should complement it with an appropriate engagement ring, in my opinion. I also have a fem watch that replaces my SEALS watch, which would be a real give away when en femme.

Karren H
11-02-2006, 02:11 PM
I always wear my wedding ring, and a really nice yin yang/multiple diamonds ring on my right ring finger. When en femme, I add 2 more rings to the right hand, leaving the fu finger bare, and on the left, three more rings, one of which is a good knock off of an engagement ring that I wear with the wedding ring. A girl my age that wears a wedding band in public should complement it with an appropriate engagement ring, in my opinion. I also have a fem watch that replaces my SEALS watch, which would be a real give away when en femme.

Yeah, Jillian... I have a faux engagement ring I wear with my male band when out enfemme.. Keeps the guys away. Hehehe. Ohhhhh and I should have said - You should be able to wear what ever you want - except fishnets at the mall while walking with the old folks!! Hehe.

You should have met me at the rink...we could have compared finger adornments.. :)

Love Karren

noname
11-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Well, technically you can wear whatever you want. In return people don't have to be your friend and hang out with you. But, as much crap as people give us, I think GG are generally more accepting. Even last week as I mentioned in another post a couple of GG thought nothing of me wearing womens pants. As they said, "women have worn guys pants for years, no reason not to wear womens pants."

It is so true I have a co-worker that comments on my watch being a girls watch and why I don't wear a mans watch.

Ahh.. watches. How I have always hated them. Perhaps my problem has always been wearing a mens watch. Long before Cd'ing and even as a teen I hated mens watches just on the fact of how big they are. My wrists are small and doing anything with a mans watch and it just diggs into my skin. I hate it.

Like I need an unnecessary large watch with sharp pointy edges to show people I"M A MAN. Pttt.... whatever

Jillian310
11-02-2006, 02:26 PM
This last post triggered a recollection - - - - - I was at a banquet the other week on a Sunday, so I wore my large dangly STEELER earrings. A trio of 'older' (maybe even younger than me) GG's stopped me and fussed over my earrings. They really liked them. One even asked me where I got them! (Jezabel) And I was en drab!

SherriePall
11-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Karren -- I always wear what I want. Unless my wife tells me to get changed.

Karren H
11-02-2006, 02:58 PM
This last post triggered a recollection - - - - - I was at a banquet the other week on a Sunday, so I wore my large dangly STEELER earrings. A trio of 'older' (maybe even younger than me) GG's stopped me and fussed over my earrings. They really liked them. One even asked me where I got them! (Jezabel) And I was en drab!

Still don't know how your wife isn't wise to you!! Lol. Ohhhh. And you better trade those Steeler Earrings in for some Penguine ones!!! :D

Love Karren

DeeInGeorgia
11-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Stephenie S

I do not wear my wedding ring anymore for one convoluted reason, I do not want to loose it.

3 years ago, I wore it all the time (including to bed, bathing, all the time), but with my weight increase, I had trouble with removing the ring from my finger for the occasional times I had to remove it. I work at an aircraft factory and when you approach the aircraft, you have to remove rings, hanging jewelry, etc. for Foreign Object debris and safety reasons (getting ring caught when trying to move hand quickly out of the aircraft, etc.).

Well, I started putting my wedding ring on another finger, but the next smaller finger was too small. 2 years ago, I was cleaning up leaves after christmas, wearing gloves, and would remove the gloves occasionally, or they would slide off. At some point, I noticed the ring was not on my hand. After a couple of hours going over all the bags of leaves with a metal detector, I could not find that ring.

I felt terrible about loosing the ring. Then last year, I was putting away christmas decorations and when I picked up the box to put the large lighted snowflake away, I heard something rattling around and looked into the box, and there was my wedding ring. Hooray!!! I had put the star away the year before just before I had started cleaning up the leaves.

So I have put my wedding ring away in a safe place for now until I can get the ring resized and am no longer working in an area where I need to take my ring off daily.

Dee

Penny
11-02-2006, 06:01 PM
Hey Karren, a bra w/forms would add a extra bounce off the boards!:heehee:

Katrina
11-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Its funny. I never used to wear any jewelery at all. My ex-wife got me a training ring to wear on another finger to get me used to wearing something. This was long before we were married. She did it because my father doesn't wear any jewelery at all either and she thought I'd be the same. I may end up getting a ladies wedding band with my SO now just since my fingers are small for a guy.

Jadeanne
11-02-2006, 09:55 PM
I wore my wedding ring constantly for over 20 years until I got arthritis in my fingers. My wife didn't want me to get injury from it so it's now in the jewelry box.

I don't wear any femme rings at all but for me dressing femme most of the time means at least one femme bracelet and usually a femme watch (my wife gave me a couple of femme watches as gifts and lets me borrow hers).

I have several femme watches that no longer keep time (including hand me downs from my wife) and aren't worth repairing, but they look nice, so I wear an appropriate looking one to go along with my outfit. I only dress at home so I can look at a working clock or the computer system tray.

Jadeanne

Joanna0909a
11-03-2006, 12:18 AM
Hi All
Well, no one at my office has said a word about my clear nail polish or rather long ( for a guy) nails. Guess it does not matter to them. However, I think if they ever found out that I love to spend time running around town as Joanna they would have a southern hissy fit!

Where do you all find these GG's that are so encouraging?!? Obviously life for a CD is easier ( if that is possible) up north! Maybe I need to move back??

However, I must say that the women I have confided my dressing to - the bra store, a nail salon, etc, they have barely batted an eye, so maybe it is not so bad. Most of my encounters have been very positive.

And by the way, I am still a Steelers and Pirates fan, but in hockey, I have been lured away by the evil Hurricanes. Sorry about that! :)

And yes, I agree with others that girls have been wearing guy stuff for years, we should be able to wear what we want too.

Hugs,
Joanna

Rachel Morley
11-03-2006, 12:30 AM
I have quite small hands for a guy and so guys' watches always look like a massive chunk of metal on my wrist. In the past (before I mer my wife Marla) I would always look for the smallest and thinest guy's watch I could find.

Thankfully now I have an accepting wife I can whatever I want. I currently wear a very obvious woman's watch and also a narrow ladies gold wedding band along with my gold stud pierced ears, and my (quite) long shiny fingernails.....all openly in boy mode.

suanne
11-03-2006, 01:28 AM
I recently bought a diamond wedding ring. My wife and I were out mall walking and I stopped at a jewelry store with my wife and she picked out this lovely wedding band with diamonds that matched her engagement ring. I bought it for her. The jeweler said they had some very nice men's rings and I looked at them. Something surfaced that I must have been surpressing as a guy. I love diamonds! The way they sparkle in the light. Just everything about them. I didn't realize that. So I expressed myself and bought this great diamond ring. My wife was shocked because that was out of character for me (but not Suanne) as she has known me to be. I usually do not wear any jewelry. Suanne loves jewelry. I thought about other things that I might have been doing the same thing too. Chocolate!!!!! I love chocolate also! Back to the ring. Women are making comments about my ring when they see it. Today I was signing something a lady handed me and she was watching me sign the form and remarked how sharp my ring was. I thanked her and then said "I love chocolate too" She laughed with me. I wanted to tell her some of the other things I like also.....black lingerie, nylon stockings, patent leather heels, thigh high boots.....etc. But I let it go and just smiled and looked at my ring as I walked away. It is such a nice ring.