PDA

View Full Version : Femme in drab?

tall_brianna
11-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Check out these two jackets: http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/category.jhtml?id=cat90242&navAction=jump

I'm thinking I could probably get away with wearing the first while in drab :heehee: But you know I like the shape of the second one more. It's a little less of an everyday jacket tho.... I really need to cut up my debit and credit cards. :)

Valerie West
11-02-2006, 03:49 PM
The first question is... With or without boobs? Second is how much will you be able to wear the same one? There are some really cute styles at Penny's this year, and those won't run you a hundred dollars...
Just trying to help...:2c:
Val.

hiprule
11-02-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm thinking I could probably get away with wearing the first while in drab :heehee:

Depends what you mean by "get away with." Would it look good? Well, in drab (I don't like calling it that, because I like my male clothes, feel good in them, as well), it would look 'gay,' but good in that sense. It looks like a female coat. I think it would attract gay men (a very good thing for some), and hetero girls would have a mixed reaction: "nice coat, should be mine, not his. He looks too 'done up'" or, "nice coat...he is sexy metro...looks good."

If by get away with you mean, not be noticed for wearing a woman's coat, I don't think you would get away with it around stylish girls. So good, fine, get it and attract the girls (or boys?) who are comfortable with you wearing it!

Nice coats!:2c:

And one more thing: I love pushing femme in male clothes, but in a subtle way. I mean, slim pants, light fabrics, wispy hair, bright scarves, these I wear as a man. This wouldn't look strange anywhere, but works better here in Montréal than it would in Kansas, say. No offense intended to Kansas, I suppose.

tall_brianna
11-02-2006, 04:13 PM
I'm thinking I could probably get away with wearing the first while in drab :heehee:

Depends what you mean by "get away with." Would it look good? Well, in drab (I don't like calling it that, because I like my male clothes, feel good in them, as well), it would look 'gay,' but good in that sense. It looks like a female coat. I think it would attract gay men (a very good thing for some), and hetero girls would have a mixed reaction: "nice coat, should be mine, not his. He looks too 'done up'" or, "nice coat...he is sexy metro...looks good."

If by get away with you mean, not be noticed for wearing a woman's coat, I don't think you would get away with it around stylish girls. So good, fine, get it and attract the girls (or boys?) who are comfortable with you wearing it!

Nice coats!:2c:

And one more thing: I love pushing femme in male clothes, but in a subtle way. I mean, slim pants, light fabrics, wispy hair, bright scarves, these I wear as a man. This wouldn't look strange anywhere, but works better here in Montréal than it would in Kansas, say. No offense intended to Kansas, I suppose.

Right on! I've noticed now that I've knocked down the walls and given up the act, my male clothes have all improved too. I was at Macys yesterday to get a couple new pair of jeans because I'm swimming in all the ones I've owned for more than six months. The arrangement of this Macy's was outstanding because the girl jeans were right across the aisle from the mens! I was like a kid in the candy store. Although I must say that I absolutely love Alfani mens wear.

hiprule
11-02-2006, 04:32 PM
I was talking to a guy the other day, and amidst much hetero masculine music talk, we hit upon the topic of jeans. He was wearing women's 7s, very tight. I was wearing Levi's Joe Strummer slim jeans. His jeans looked fine, a little tight, I thought.

But yeah mix-dressing (feminine clothes mixed with masculine) is a blast. I get a similar rush wearing them as I do being completely en femme. When I wear slim jeans, or delicate fabric sweaters (I have one cahmere), I feel sexy, period, and crossdresser-y high. I never want to look 'gay,' a question of aesthetics and orientation, but I always like feeling feminine. When you can feel the denim close to your body and feel your body being looked at, it's like the rush of sexy feeling I get when female. Be a peacock when mixed-dressing.

Some like to wear panties underneath their pants; I like to wear sexy (almost feminine style) pants and comfortable underwear.

To all those who complain about 'drab,' just get creative! Hit up vintage stores, get one designer piece, you can feel 'feminine sexy' in 'masculine drab.'

tall_brianna
11-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... I bought two new pair of jeans. A pair of Tommy Hilfiger [sp?] mens and a pair of Lucky brand womens. Price of the mens jeans: $55 USD. Price of the womens: $94.00 USD!

Women get the shaft on clothes prices and statistically make less than men. The world is just not fair.

-b

gianna25
11-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Girls,

Kmart has some trendy jeans....here is a pair i just bought ($24.99)....but of course the 15/16 was too big as I am still new at this so i am sending them back for the 13/14 size (i was just leary since they said 13...lol) anyway they have LONG lengths too and the length was fine (i am 6'1")
Here is the link to the pair that i bought but check out the rest too. They have another really cute pair that comes with a silver belt.

http://www.kmart.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=139642&Ne=1164&N=1165&Nty=1&categoryId=1165&pCategoryId=1164&gpCategoryId=2&nomerch=1

hiprule
11-02-2006, 05:10 PM
I'm in Montréal, no Kmart here. I suppose ordering is an option, but, with jeans, I'd like to see them first. Also, those look very feminine, only really possible, only really aesthetically reasonable, to wear them en femme.

Sarah Smile
11-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Brianna, I have worn things much more femme than that in drab. Go for it! :)

JoAnnDallas
11-02-2006, 05:28 PM
The summer of 2005 when I was here without the wife, I used to goto the gocery store wearing ladies slacks, T-Shirt, shoes, panty, pantyhose, and bra. No one seem to notice that the slacks did not have any back pockets.