PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck (adventures in hair!)

Cristi
11-02-2006, 08:44 PM
Well, wish me luck.

I was so pleased with the job that the woman at the salon did curling my hair that I went out tonight and bought a curling iron to see what I can do for myself.

I'm off in a few minutes to experiment, but will be keeping up with messages at the same time since I'll be working right in front of the computer.

So...if anybody has any tips I really should know while I'm giving this a try, let me know! If I get results I am pleased with I'll post a photo later.

Charolette time
11-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Well, wish me luck.

I was so pleased with the job that the woman at the salon did curling my hair that I went out tonight and bought a curling iron to see what I can do for myself.

I'm off in a few minutes to experiment, but will be keeping up with messages at the same time since I'll be working right in front of the computer.

So...if anybody has any tips I really should know while I'm giving this a try, let me know! If I get results I am pleased with I'll post a photo later.

How lucky to be able to curl your hair (i just wash my face higher up hehe)if thats what you want go for it like they say if you ant tryed it dont worry some one else will , I m ramblin right now gettting tired, need my nap us older ladies need all the beauty sleep we can get, curl less on top Love Charolette

NatalieH
11-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Well, wish me luck.
If I get results I am pleased with I'll post a photo later.

Hi, Cristi,

Luck! I don't have any tips, tho...used rollers for the first time around Halloween, was really impressed what they did for my hair. I bet you'll be impressed by your effort, too. Looking forward to the pix, and to hearing how the process went.

Natalie

Sandra
11-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Get hold of some heat protection spray, it will help you hair to cope with the heat, follow the instructions though as the one I use is oil based and only a small amount is needed.

Cristi
11-11-2006, 11:48 AM
Get hold of some heat protection spray, it will help you hair to cope with the heat, follow the instructions though as the one I use is oil based and only a small amount is needed.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look for some. So far, after first posting this, I've 'played' with the curling iron 2-3 times and am getting a bit better with it but still have a lot to learn! Like just about everything, it is harder than it looks.

My hair is usually straight and 'frizzy' when I don't do anything to it, so ANY curl is a huge improvement over doing nothing!

Rignt now the issue I'm running into is how to keep the hair separated so I can do small sections or layers at a time without getting everything tangled up. I just bought some clips so I can try to control things better. I"ve also learned that I NEED to use hairspray to keep things in place if I want the curls to last more than an hour or so before starting to flatten out.

BTW: I bought the clips on Wednesday while out in a supermarket *fully dressed* :) only my 2nd time out. I was a bit cautious with this outing, but did manage to hit a JC Pennys, Macys and a supermarket with no adverse reactions. I got several long looks (and made a few decisions about where I was walking so I avoided some situations where I would have had to walk past gangs of kids) but for the most part I was pretty comfortable.