PDA

View Full Version : Nair Stubble

Karren H
11-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Well I've about had it.....I've used all the hair removal creams, trying to find an easier way than shaving my chest every day... Hairy breasts just aren't that cute! Lol. I tried this new Nair for Men - body cream... If its good enough for body builders!!

So this morning after standing there with this cold blue goop on my chest for 25 minutes (the container recommends 15 but from experience my hair it immune or something) I wipe it off and wow!! The hair all came off!! And looked really good till I touched the area!! Ouch! Stubble as bad as a full days growth was left behind! And I hadn't shaved for a week so it wasn't recent stubble!!

So what gives? Anyone else ever have this happen to them? I'm at a loss... Guess its back to the razor until they come out with the home laser hair removal system - Star Wars in a can!! Hehe

Love Karren

ellieparsons
11-03-2006, 12:09 PM
i just used nair this morning on my legs, left it on for about 5 minutes and it all came off, and was smooth after, no stubble.

Maggie Kay
11-03-2006, 12:40 PM
I have tried just about every product out there and finally settled on an Emjoy epilator. The first time is uncomfortable and I recommend using an over the counter cortisone cream to clear the red bumps. This system makes it possible to be smooth just about everywhere except the face and neck. Chest and nipple hair can be done too being careful not to nip the end of the nipple. Lasts about a week and as time goes on, less and less hair comes back. Thinner too. I have been doing this now for 5 years. I'm totally sold on it.

As for chemical products, they do take their toll as they attack the hair which is protein. Skin protein gets also gets ripped up and for repeated use, the skin really can get dry and suffers a lot. I remember many times I have put that kind of stuff on only to find that stubble and reapplying is not an option. Plus the time involved is too much for me.

Kay

Deenise60
11-03-2006, 12:43 PM
I use both Nair and Veet. I have not had a problem with bumps. I do find that Veet seems to not last as long as Nair. But they both do a great job.

Brianna Lovely
11-03-2006, 12:53 PM
I use a Braun microscreen electric shaver. Never any bumps, but must shave every day, it only takes a few seconds before getting dressed, to make my breasts nice and smooth.

tall_brianna
11-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Hair cycles. Even though you shaved for a week, hair grows in cycles. I only know because I had my first LHR appt. yesterday :heehee:

Although I also recall her saying that the follicles were at their weakest when they just started their growth cycle (hmm....)

Have you considered waxing?

Karren H
11-03-2006, 01:13 PM
i just used nair this morning on my legs, left it on for about 5 minutes and it all came off, and was smooth after, no stubble.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Did I mention I hate you??

:D

Have you considered waxing?

Tried that! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! God did that hurt!!! Don't know what was worse. The pain from ripping the hair off my chest or the chemical burns from the Nair!!! Hehehe.

Your getting your whole body lasered, Brianna?

Love Karren

Annaliese
11-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Well I've about had it.....I've used all the hair removal creams, trying to find an easier way than shaving my chest every day... Hairy breasts just aren't that cute! Lol. I tried this new Nair for Men - body cream... If its good enough for body builders!!

So this morning after standing there with this cold blue goop on my chest for 25 minutes (the container recommends 15 but from experience my hair it immune or something) I wipe it off and wow!! The hair all came off!! And looked really good till I touched the area!! Ouch! Stubble as bad as a full days growth was left behind! And I hadn't shaved for a week so it wasn't recent stubble!!

So what gives? Anyone else ever have this happen to them? I'm at a loss... Guess its back to the razor until they come out with the home laser hair removal system - Star Wars in a can!! Hehe

Love Karren

I have use Aveeno Positively smooth or prodocts like it for the past 3 years it is not an over night thing, but given time it works great.

Anna

tall_brianna
11-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Your getting your whole body lasered, Brianna?

Love Karren

No, I'm fortunate to have very little body hair. Don't hate me ;) I'm getting face and neck because I hate shaving, burns and bumps and I don't like the way the shadow makes my complexion look with out a tan. The place I went to has different prices for different areas, I'm sorry I didn't catch their price for chest. Face was $180 per treatment with various package discounts. They said it would be an immediate reduction across the board but to get it all you need between 10 and 15 treatments depending on how many folicle cycles you have.

Samantha B L
11-03-2006, 01:47 PM
I'd like to say thanks to you girls for the info about these products.I have a bit of a problem in that I am abnormally thickly bearded and I also have enough body hair to stuff a mattress.I also have patchy-dry oily skin all over my face and shoulders,upper body,etc..I try to stay clean shaven,as close to everyday as I can bring myself to do so,but shaving is a half hour battle with lots of little nicks and cuts.I sometimes use depilatories on my facial whiskers and on my legs,chest,etc..But these leave a slight pink to red burn especially if you leave them on too long.This Nair body cream for men sounds interesting.Anyway,this might sound naive but I've been hearing about leg waxes for going on 20 years now.Could somebody tell me what that is? Is that a hair removal process?Is it expensive?In closing,I've always been content with being genetically male.My impulse to cd has been there ever since I can remember.I never wanted to be genetically female,but I have wanted and I have and enjoy some of the trappings of girlhood.But I think it would be a blast to have been born with sparse or NO facial hair.Oh well,at least I've got my depilatories.Samantha

Jillian310
11-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Shaving works really well for me in all areas except the chest. No matter which direction I shave in, with a new blade, it always seems to leave a little stubble. Thankfully I don't have much hair there to begin with, and what I have is light colored. When I wear V necks, I don't think the hair remainder is visible, but I know it is there. I have tried the removal cremes, but with a similar result. I might consider trying a wax job. I have my eyebrows waxed, but given the relatively small amount of hair being removed, and the skill of the operator who does it for me, the pain is quick and not really all that bad.

Kimberly
11-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Nair and Immac is horrendous for stubble -- I used it on my legs with no good results. It's definitly not worth it.

xx

ellieparsons
11-03-2006, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE=Karren Hutton;615758]Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Did I mention I hate you??

:D

No that would be the first.

Jamsey
11-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Shave my chest hair? That took me over 50 years to grow, what little I have I cannot dispose of yet. Would be too much of a crisis. Maybe a little more time in my dressing I will change my mind, or maybe just a dyno dress. Or maybe it will be all gray and I will grow tired of it. I have light hair anyway. But I will keep checking the posts to see what does and does not work.

luv
Jamsey.

Courtney A Anderson
11-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Nair also has a 4 minute lotion for men, I'ts faster but has same results.
Waxing workes the best. It hurts less the more you do it. With no stubble.:love:

Cristi
11-03-2006, 04:25 PM
I must be somehow immune to the effects of chemical hair removers. I've tried them all... let them sit on my skin for as long as I can stand it, and never had a SINGLE HAIR come out! :sad:

Fortunately, shaving with a razor doesn't take long.

In a perfect world, I'd be able to get ALL my leg, chest, facial and arm hair removed once and for all... I really think that I'd willingly pay several thousand dollars to get the problem over with once and for all. I can't see EVER missing the ablility to grow hair on several places on my body!

JoAnnDallas
11-03-2006, 04:36 PM
I just use the old razer myself. Then too, I am part native american, so don't have a lot of hair on my legs, chest, or arms anyway. Once a week is all I require to keep hairless.

linnea
11-03-2006, 05:23 PM
I've had pretty good results with Nair (for women; haven't used the "for men" product), but the smooth effect does not seem to last any longer than shaving. The Nair seems to leave me feeling smoother though.

DanaJ
11-03-2006, 05:47 PM

Love KarrenI think what happened was that the Nair only had time to melt off teh top part of the hair, and left the remaining bottom part of the hair. I have noticed that sometimes these deplilatories just do not dissolve the hair like it is supposed to do. After 25 minutes, I am surprised that you didn't have some serious chemical burns - be careful :)

Jammie Lyann
11-03-2006, 06:09 PM
I have very dark hair Dark brown almsot black , so you can see it very well, an doesn't look good with blouses, thought about shaving arms, tryed Veet
on the backs of my hand an was about a 2 1/2 days before I saw stubble.
bought nair for men haven't tryed it yet. ( LOL the one I got didnt have the roller in it. so need to take it back ) however I tryed a area on my chest with the Veet an I still had stubble after. I think it just depends on the hair type,
I also bought ( Veet ) hair bleaching cream an have bleach my arms first to see how that work , hair is now a very pale aburn or lighter in color so I might actual get buy with it but we will see :D

Karren H
11-04-2006, 07:24 PM
I think what happened was that the Nair only had time to melt off teh top part of the hair, and left the remaining bottom part of the hair. I have noticed that sometimes these deplilatories just do not dissolve the hair like it is supposed to do. After 25 minutes, I am surprised that you didn't have some serious chemical burns - be careful :)

All that coal dust must be pertecting my delicate skin!! hehehe

Love Karren

wildgal
11-04-2006, 07:51 PM
Get an epilator. I also use the Emjoi and it works really good for me. although some have diffrent results..
I wont lie, certain areas really hurt, but only for a second then it was fine. it wasnt an unbearable pain I use it on my legs, arms(forearms hurt the worst for me), chest, and armpits. It takes a few times to get every hair, but be patient. I will epilate every other week or so, and shave in between epilations. and my legs have ZERO stubble for at least a week.
ITs a little pricey but a solid investment. just think how much you spend on razors and creams and it doesnt seem that bad a cost at all IMO.
Good Luck!!!!:2c:

Kimberly
11-04-2006, 07:57 PM
I really think that I'd willingly pay several thousand dollars to get the problem over with once and for all. I can't see EVER missing the ablility to grow hair on several places on my body!
I pray to some far-off TG godess, that the bald gene in my body doens't go to my head, but goes to my legs, torso and face! :p

Kahlan51
11-04-2006, 08:06 PM
I have been using Nair on legs for some time and have very little trouble. I use electric razor sometimes. Then I decided to d o arm pits never did them before I used electric then blade with lots of soap. Felt great for 5 or 10 minutes then a rash of red bumps OOOOOOOOwwwwwwwww put on some mosturizer lotion stung like hell It is starting to clear up now but I don't know what to do now should I let it grow out or keep shaving or what ?HELP
me please Kahlan: :sad:

Glenda58
11-05-2006, 12:15 AM
Like you Karren I haven't found anything to touch my chest hair. The hair on my legs have seem to stop growing I shave them once a week and they good. But my chest it's every day more than my face. I wish the hair on my head would grow as fast and as thick as my chest hairs.

Aprilrain
11-05-2006, 12:47 AM
i just shave, it works well on my lower legs but i get bumps oon my thighs

jennifer easton
11-05-2006, 01:00 AM
Karren I have the same problem when I used nair but I think it was because I didn't cut back my summers groth short and then aply the nair any way that was last year, have'nt shaved yet this year, have had a heart cathetter two week ago and a guzzillion test, and tuesday will be my two week fallow up so tuesday night I'm shedin this fur coat!( geees wish I could spell) so I'm goin to try the nair thing agin xoxoxoxJennifer

Kaitlyn Michele
11-05-2006, 02:43 AM
i've had the stubble too karren...but only on my chest and around my nether regions...

i've had my back lasered twice..one more treatment and i'm done...(actually the doc thinks i need 2 more but the extra treatment is free..he keeps going till all the hair is gone)

i've also done my face and my chest i think is next...it really does work on dark hairs...the only issue is if you have dark skin or about 5% of dark hairs just wont die(something about the wavelength)

i highly recommend it if you have the $$, it can be expensive