PDA

View Full Version : Need help

janelle
11-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Can someone please tell me which would be better in a breast form, cloth or the silcone? My guess is the later as it would be more the proper weight.
Thanks, & sorry i didn't say good morning first. Shame on me:( .
Have a great weekend.
:love: Janelle

Stephenie S
11-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Dear Janelle,

I am not sure what you mean by a cloth breast form, but I know you will be happy with a good quality silicone form. No question about it.

Lovies,
Stephenie

janelle
11-03-2006, 12:54 PM
Those were the words the sales lady used. I do not think it was the proper phrasing.
Thanks for your input. By the way which do you have & are you happy with them?
:love: Janelle

Vivian Best
11-03-2006, 12:58 PM
Hi Janelle'

Don't know anything about cloth breastforms. I have two sets of silicone and I love them.

I do know that some silicone breastforms have cloth covers, maybe that is what she was talking about!

Vash
11-03-2006, 12:58 PM
For the feeling of reality, no doubt about it, silicone. Cloth (and by that I think you mean like the foam kind) forms have there advantages as well. You can sleep wearing them,they are much lighter, and you can stuff them in a bag if you are traveling.
If realness is what you are after, go with the silicone

Hope this helps

Vash

Cristi
11-03-2006, 01:16 PM
I think perhaps by 'cloth' she meant the things I remember my sisters having when I was young... just small triangular pairs of cloth stuffed with cotton or something. They just padd a tiny bit, kind of the effect you'd get with a well-padded bra or pushup bra.

I think you'd be better going with the silicone. Also, realize that all forms are NOT created equal. Some are more firm than others, different shapes give you different looks, some are able to be attached with adhesive...

Take your time while shopping, and if at all possible I'd suggest trying to find a shop like http://www.glamourboutique.com/ where you can actually try something on before buying. I'm lucky that Glamourboutique is about 2 hours away by car, so I've been able to visit in once in a while :) When I went to buy forms, I brought a dress and several different bras so I could see how the forms worked in different types of bra (underwire, pushup, strapless, soft cup...)

Finally, I was TOO conservative in the size when I bought mine. I was afraid of going to big, so selected something more conservative. They felt HUGE for the first few weeks, but once I got used to them they felt smaller and smaller. I look at photos of me wearing them now and realize that they were barely a B cup on me if even that! So I had to go spend more $$ for a 2nd pair that gave me the C cup I was really looking for.

I guess some people could go the other way with this as well... going for the DD look then realizing that it might not really be 'them' for everyday wear (plus, it is sometimes aweful hard to find fashions that are cut for DD breasts!)

BobbieCD1944
11-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Years.. many years ago, I found foam bra inserts at a Woolworth store. I bought six and used them for years, putting three together in each bra cup. I still have them, but they are retired. I bought my first set of breastforms last year, and doubt I would ever go back to cloth or foam. I'd love to keep them glued on all the time, but, I must give my skin a rest, so I am wearing mine today with a black see thru bra.. http://www.thebreastformstore.com/see-thru-bras.aspx

Cristi
11-03-2006, 01:36 PM
Years.. many years ago, I found foam bra inserts at a Woolworth store.http://www.thebreastformstore.com/see-thru-bras.aspx

Well... if you want to talk 'firsts', my first effort at breastforms was taking a foam Nerf ball (remember those?) and cutting it in half.

It actually worked rather well, and shaped itself to the inside of the bra cups! But the weight was all wrong.

janelle
11-03-2006, 03:12 PM
Well Girls i thought the only way to find was to go shopping, so i did. I did not like the foam ones & she had many to cjoose from in the silcone. I bought a pair of size 8 tear drops. They felt the best on in male lode(YUK), so the sales lady said that would give me a nice size "c", which she also said would be just about right for my body size. What more can a girl ask for, wonderful advice here & very understanding help in the store. I think i am the happiest girl in the whole USA.(sounds like a song to me).:happy: :happy:
Thanks everyone, what a blessing you are. Have a wonderful weekend.
:hugs: :love: Janelle

Stephenie S
11-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Dear Janelle,

Good for you, girl.

I'm so glad you are happy with your new silicone forms. There is really nothing better (other than the real thing). You will LOVE them.

Lovies,
Stephenie

BobbieCD1944
11-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Well... if you want to talk 'firsts', my first effort at breastforms was taking a foam Nerf ball (remember those?) and cutting it in half.

Good Grief.. I had forgotten all about that. Yup.. a me too.. back in my teens. Thanks for the mammor.... ewww.. bad pun.....

Ellie C
11-03-2006, 07:34 PM
im with your choice , its more weight and shape tht you want