PDA

View Full Version : Bra size question

deakane
11-03-2006, 08:17 PM
I just mesured myself and got 39 and a half for the first one and just about 44 for the second.

From what I read, the first number is the one I really care about. Some say to add 5 to that making it 44 which just seems wrong.

Does anyone know which is right?

Adding 5 inches seems like it would make it to big and the and base number is the chest size which is where the bra sits.

suzy
11-03-2006, 08:21 PM
I am not sure where the adding 5" comes from? I measured my chest at 39" and rounded up to 40" and it fits fine..... In fact, I can get away with a 38" but and usually do, but a 40" is what was recommended by the Breast Form store.:love:

trannie T
11-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Remember, we're not built like women. Guidelines for fittinh women may not apply to us. Try measuring under your breast where the band of the bra will be, and get a bra with some stretch to it.

deakane
11-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Ya thats where i did mesure, right under my male chest on my ribs. I work out and its really easy to tell the difference between my chest and ribs so Im sure I got it right hehe. The part that really gets me is that with adding the 5 to it makes it size 44 which makes me think of like them huge gradma bra's. You know, the ones with the 4 rows of cast iron hooks, the shoulder straps can double as tow straps if your car breaks down. Not cute and sexy but big and creepy. :devil:

anilparmar
11-03-2006, 11:01 PM
Additing 5 inches will not work. If your size is 39, you should wear 40 or try even 38 inches. I find both ways OK. But five inches more will not suit at all.

Brianna Lovely
11-03-2006, 11:25 PM
I just mesured myself and got 39 and a half for the first one and just about 44 for the second.

Hey sister, we could be twins, giggle, well almost.
Seriously, I measure 40" rib-cage and 46" breast. I find a 38 a bit too tight and a 42 almost loose, so a 40 is a perfect fit. Now, if you don't know, all makers sizes are not equal, so you have to do some trying on. May be best to buy some bras at a steep discount store, until you find which maker is right for you.

Stephenie S
11-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Ya thats where i did mesure, right under my male chest on my ribs. I work out and its really easy to tell the difference between my chest and ribs so Im sure I got it right hehe. The part that really gets me is that with adding the 5 to it makes it size 44 which makes me think of like them huge gradma bra's. You know, the ones with the 4 rows of cast iron hooks, the shoulder straps can double as tow straps if your car breaks down. Not cute and sexy but big and creepy. :devil:

Well, sweety, I'm sorry, but ya ain't cute and sexy. Your'e a guy. A guy who works out. So the measurment directions won't work for you. Even cute and sexy girls can only use them for a starting point.

That "add five inches" business only works for girls, and only small ones at that. For instance, my rib measurment is 36". Add 5 and you get 41. Round up and you get 42. I wear a size 40. Close, but not really acurate. So you see, you have to experiment. That's why you try them on in the store. If you can't do that, take them home and bring back the ones that don't fit. I have returned as many as five bras at a time to JC Penny. There is a LOT of trial and error here. Be patient, you won't find just the right one the very first time. And really, not all larger sizes are industrial strength. There are plenty of lovely bras in larger sizes. And think of all the fun you will have finding the right one!! Most of us end up with far more bras than we really need.

Lovies,
Stephenie

vbcdgrl
11-03-2006, 11:58 PM
IMHO, that "add 5 inches" is balony. Just someone trying to make something simple more complex. If I were you, I'd go with a 38 . Most bras will stretch 2 inches, plus they have 3 rows of hooks which gives another inch or so of "adjustment". Now, the actual measurement around your bust will depend on cup size and how you choose to fill them.

Vikki

Scotty
11-04-2006, 12:14 AM
It's a method to figure out cup size is all.
The BAND size is the BAND size regardless, except I think it's safer to round up as it gets tight and can cut circulation if not worn properly.

Where the 5 inches comes in is to figure out your cup size.

I've always read 3-4 so lets take 4.

39 rounds up to 40, add 4 and that's 44.

now you measure your breast, you said 44

The DIFFERENCE is "Theoretically" the cup size.

in your case an AA cup would be it.

Now me, 38 chest, 43 breasts, add 4 to 38 and that gives 42, subtract that from 43 and it's a 1 inch difference which theoretically equals an A cup.
It's based on mfg suggestion, various places will give various methods, but the band size is the band size and that does not change unless you measure and go up.

And re-measure taking a deep breath, since you have to breath with a bra on that's what you should be measuring, so when you DO take a deep breath you won't HAVE to stretch too far.....

That's my humble opinion.

ShannonDragon
11-04-2006, 08:22 AM
From what I read you measure your chest under the breast (if you had them). This is the bra (band) size. Then you measure across the breast for the cup size.

True bras usually have 3 rows of hooks but most manufactures recommend that you use the center row. :2c:

:tongueout