PDA

View Full Version : What do ya all think??

Felix
11-04-2006, 08:19 AM
Well Christmas is coming and it will soon be time for the old works party :o Well my problem is if ya could call it that is the whole staff group is going and well I have only fully crossdressed socially with those I feel most comfortable with. It probably won't be a problem but some of the male staff bein older might find it awkward. Thing is they see me in the workplace now as more boyish or dykish in their heads so maybe I'm makin somethin out of nothin. When I first worked there I did wear shirts but ppl made it obvious that they wasn't comfortable and I couldn't stand the sly comments and stares so I stopped and toned down my image. Now I have found a middle way cos I wear sports stuff all the time and mainly dark stuff ppl find that easier to handle especially that I am binding now. I can see it from their point of view they probably see this real tomboy who they call cathy but maybe think whats goin on here lol or infact is anythin goin on here. Only my best mate in work knows anythin about what I'm goin through right now and I trust him fully. I guess if ppl start askin me then I would find it hard but I guess I would try to explain after all they are intelligent pp, but that doesn't always mean they understand. Well will have to see what transpires.

What do you all think should I just go for it and dress how I always do with my close mates or should I dress down cos of the others or should I say to hell with it this is me? Felix xx :hugs:

Kate Simmons
11-04-2006, 09:58 AM
Hi Felix, I say just dress the way you are comfortable and be yourself. I always say if I'm going to be "damned", I want to be "damned" for who I am not for who others want me to be. You'd be surprised how much "static" I get from my M T F friends when I dress in guys clothes as Ericka or as Ericka CDing as Eric. It's the person inside that counts anyway. You have to decide, though. Love ya.:happy: Ericka/Rich

Alaceann
11-04-2006, 10:05 AM
Dress with what makes you feel comfortable. After all it is a party!

CaptLex
11-04-2006, 10:15 AM
What do you all think should I just go for it and dress how I always do with my close mates or should I dress down cos of the others or should I say to hell with it this is me? Felix xx :hugs:
I pick door number three - say "to hell with it". Easier said than done, I know, but not impossible. I know how you feel, Felix. It's easier to dress as we wish around people who don't know us, but when it's our workmates and others who we see regularly, it's a little scary.

I say go dressed as you wish and are most comfortable - it'll make the statement that this is who you are, and if anyone doesn't like it, too bad. But be prepared because the first couple of times it can be a little nerve-wracking as you notice the stares and imagine the whispering. It does get a little easier each time, though. And sooner or later, people get used to it, whether they like it or not.

Also, don't put up with rude or unwelcome comments. Nobody asks us to approve what they wear, so we don't need their approval either. If they don't approve, that's their problem, not ours. Be cool, confident, friendly, relaxed and you'll see that eventually it will be no big deal. But if we show how nervous we are, we're giving them power over us - and they pounce. :2c:

You're a cool cat, Felix, let them know it. :D

Raychel
11-04-2006, 10:26 AM
In my opinion you should dress in a way that will make you the most relaxed at the party. If you will feel uncomfortable or feel tension if you dress all the way. Then don't. But if you totally dress down you will not feel right on he inside. Dress the way that you as a person will feel the best for the few hours that it will be. And have a great time.

:2c:

Holly
11-04-2006, 11:02 AM
Felix, if it were me, I'd dress appropriately for the occasion and the location. While I think it is admirable and appropriate for you to take into consideration the feelings of those you anticipate being with, it should only be that... a consideration and not the overriding deciding factor. Ultimately you are the one who has to be pleased with the decision. It really boils down to this; is it more important to you to be comfortable in the clothes you are wearing or for those around you to be comfortable relating to you.

Amy Hepker
11-04-2006, 11:43 AM
I say dress the way you feel comfortable, don't worry about the way others act. If they don't care they will talk to you if they don't well they won't you can always take drab clothes with you and if you get overwhelmed by bad comments change back to drab. Many people in an office have to talk about someone anyway and always will. I would also say that the ones who don't accept you don't accept themselves. I would be careful in the sense that if a lot of people in the office don't like what you are doing it can get pretty rough on you from up above. (the bosses) Some businesses don't want to be thought of as one of those kind of businesses that have that kind of people working there. We all know it ain't right, but that's the way they are. I am on your side I think we should show our real selves although I work in a situation where I CAN'T. I have to be Drab all the time. (except for undernieth)

Felix
11-05-2006, 09:46 AM
Thanx everyone! I have decied that I am going to go dressed as I feel comfortable my friends who I go out with from work are used to me anyways so its too bad if the others don't like it. If I go dressed down then I am not going to feel comfortable and I will be tugging at my clothes all night so the answer is to go feeling comfortable :D Felix xx :hugs:

Kate Simmons
11-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Thanx everyone! I have decied that I am going to go dressed as I feel comfortable my friends who I go out with from work are used to me anyways so its too bad if the others don't like it. If I go dressed down then I am not going to feel comfortable and I will be tugging at my clothes all night so the answer is to go feeling comfortable :D Felix xx :hugs:Good for you, Hon. I'm proud of you.:happy: Ericka/Rich

Kimberley
11-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Hi Felix (like the new monicker BTW)

Androgeny has its rewards and you can go slightly off center with it and still not offend anyone. (I'm assuming you are in an area where nonconformity is frowned upon). If it is okay, then I am with the Capn. There's gold in them thar drawers!

Good luck!
:hugs:
Kimberley

GypsyKaren
11-06-2006, 04:10 AM
Good for you Felix, you can't go wrong with being yourself. I used to have a lot of behind the back comments about me at work because of my appearance, so I said to hell with it and posted a letter for all to see explaining that I was TS. That added fuel to the fire at first, but it gradually died down and the back stabbers moved on. Once they realize that what they say doesn't bother you, they tend to shut up. Actually, I was amazed at how many of my co-workers embraced me for my courage in coming out, it really took me by surprise. Anyway, enjoy the party!

Karen

MJ
11-06-2006, 10:14 AM
hi there i say be your self. you can go and enjoy your self relax it's Christmas right