PDA

View Full Version : I wonder what percentage of men have tried wearing womens clothes at so

nishababe
11-04-2006, 11:33 AM
You know I am starting to wonder as a percentage how many men are crossdressers in some form or another ?

I only tell a few close friends about my habit and then not the full story ,so it is soooooooo nice to be able to come onto this site and talk openly to like minded people !!

Anyway I am beginning to think that the urge to try womens clothes on is a lot more than we think .

Of course it may in some cases be only dressing up in varying degrees for fun and games ,parties ,theme parties,vicars and tarts nights etc but in asking close friends and also people who I talk in confidence to at work it seems that about 50% of them have at one time or another worn womens clothes and here comes the punchline ,even some very straight guys have admitted to me that they were surprised and some even a bit frightened as to how much they enjoyed the experience of putting on make up ,skirts ,dresses ,silky stockings and panties etc,something which before was so alien and previously forbidden !!

There is no disputing that it is very enjoyable to wear womens clothes and that you start to have these strange feminine feelings and emotions start to flood over you .

Its strange because these same people always follow the pack in hounding gays ,lesbians etc and I laugh inside myself at hearing it all ,because I think that there is a little bit of a crossdressing streak in most us !!

What do you Girls think ?

Lots of love ''Nishababe uk'':tongueout

Rachel Morley
11-04-2006, 11:45 AM
I think you are right with your 50% number perhaps even more, like maybe 60% or 70% by the time they get to retirement age. Even the most manly of men have usually, at some point in their lives, wore something femme at least once. Unbelievably, even my Dad dressed up for a party once. If you knew my Dad you'd understand why this is unbelievable to me :D

If you go to the most testosterone charged Rugby players costume party you'll find plenty of crossdressed guys there. Obviously, (for the most part) where we're coming from on this site, is somewhere completely different, but I think your thread is about just wearing the clothes and that it happens more than you might think - right?

eleventhdr
11-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Thsi very probaly is the case for most of us male to female cd's and why not really there are far more things out there that are much much worse then beinfg a crossdresser and there is nothing wrong with us really save what the outside seems to think there is and what do they really know anyway.

I have come to the conclusion that the outside society really knows's very little avput what make's peoples humans tick inside of all of us indeed so!

Just enjoy it and be who wand what you are and one of theses day's it just may all work out yet hmmm>

Jay Suzy!

We can but hope right! we will yet see!

Amy Hepker
11-04-2006, 11:58 AM
I do believe that there are a lot that would never do such a thing as even touch Female clothes, but I do believe that it is due to peer pressure or family pressure to do the right thing or what they were broght up to believe is right. They don't want to be labled as per say. They don't want to be laughed at, they want to laugh at. These people in my book are very unstable and can't live in there own world. They have to think they are the better people, the ones in control. Yes, I believe it is a control thing. They can't control their own lives os they want to control others. I say we should all be ourselves, but I know I can't be myself. My livelyhood depends on me being the drab person I am.

GypsyKaren
11-04-2006, 12:39 PM
I once read that 10% of all the men brought into emergency rooms in this country are wearing some sort of women's clothes, it's from a survey they did a few years ago.

Karen

MarinaTwelve200
11-04-2006, 01:19 PM
I think it may be close to 75% or even as high as 90% at least ONCE. Think of all the "oppurtunities" you had growing up---from school plays to scout skits, to "playful" mothers or girlfriends wanting to put something on you, then there's Halloween, club initiations, and even downright simple personal curiosity. In any event I would think a male that has NOT wore at least ONE inem of female clothing (or makeup) in his life would be less common than one who had.

Us CDers differ in that we we may KEEP doing it after the triggering or curiosity investigating incident.

Most Non CD types I have seen, for the exception of those "sensitive" about their sexuality, Seem to think CDing is a big laugh or no big deal when they do it---somethine once to be done and forgotten about. While us CD types tend to consider it a more "serious" matter---tending to be more secretive and quiet about such incidents and sometimes even avoiding some "socially acceptable oppurtunities" that may come along altoghther.---There seems to be a big "attitude" factor here that separates the CD guys from the typical.

kerrianna
11-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I think lots more guys than we know like it.

And of course, ALL British men are CDers :tongueout
Why else would they invent pantomine, and have so many comedians CDing, and :heehee: at jokes about powerful politicians and judges getting whipped while dressed up.

We know, we know :ukflag: :D

Kaitlyn Michele
11-04-2006, 01:25 PM
i actually think its much lower...karen..i read that survey too and it seemed shaky but who really knows..

think of it this way...we all have good "tranny radar" how many tgirls have u seen out and about? i think in one of our surveys about 25% of us said we had gone out and about dressed...so think of all the tgirls u've seen and multiply by 4 then compare to how many people u see...
that percentage is pretty low... i live in center city philadelphia and i've seen 5 tgirls walking down the street in last 10 yrs...(not counting myself)

i go to some gay bars..they say 10% of males are gay..dont beleive that either..i think its much more..but anyway..how many tgirls ??? usually 3,4,5 out of 100 that's 5% of of 10%...again a pretty low number..

i hope and wish i'm wrong..

sorry but my male math mind has intruded..hehe

nishababe
11-04-2006, 01:48 PM
I think that the reason that there are not more men openly crossdressing in public is the fear of ridicule .I strongly feel that a lot of men have enjoyed it and would love to do it more when they have done it for the reasons I started this thread about ,but people in general (men especially) tend to hunt in a ''Pack instinct'' ,so will do anything to avoid falling out with the ''crowd''
Lets face it ,most women crossdress in a way by wearing a modified forms of mens clothes so whats the big deal ?
You never know what the inner feelings and desires are of anyone ,they will only tell you in the main what they feel is safe to say .

Love ''Nishababe UK''

Drucilla
11-04-2006, 02:09 PM
Is there a difference in just wearing an article of women's clothes and cross dressing ? I ask because lately I have found several real bargains in the women's section of TJMaxx, etc that I purchased and wear without even thinking about the implications of cross dressing. For example I got a great buy on an "Under Armour" shirt that I wear fishing during cold weather just because it's functional and essentially identical to the male version at 2x the price ! Same with my Levi jeans.
Don't get me wrong--nothing beats the thrill of wearing more frilly women's cloths and underwear but while shopping for my CD stuff I have also discovered that there are many bargains to be had in the women's department that fill what for me is a traditional masculine need.
I ask here because if your question is simply wearing an article of clothes that is labeled "women" in a non-crossdressing sense, my guess is that the number goes up dramatically !!

Jammie Lyann
11-04-2006, 02:40 PM
When I was still highschool the entire football team dressed up in cheerleader outfits for a skit in a school play , was the funniest thing you ever saw,
so I'm think that at one point or another about 90% of men have tryed on something even if it was just as a gag or play
there is a guy where I work that dressed up in a pink to to, for our christmas party play couple years back. To this day I still think there is more behind it, but its one of those thing you just dont mention.
an the % of men that still wear something on a regular bases is around 45% to 50% . JMO

Mary L
11-04-2006, 03:54 PM
This is an interesting area of social assessment. From what I can tell, there is no really decent study (like the Kinsey reports on human sexuality) that deals with crossdressing in all its varieties. There are ample numbers tossed about regarding the incidence in the normal population, but who really knows? There is even less known about the relationship between "trying on sisters/cousins/mothers" clothing as a child and the likelihood of persisting with crossdressing after such an incident. Once bitten, forever smitten? Who knows, but I really would like to see a quality study conducted. It is very difficult, and usually expensive, to conduct a study that is valid, accurate and comprehensive.

trannie T
11-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Good question but with the current political climate very little research is being done on sex or drugs. Hopefully we will move in to a different political attitude which will allow more research.

Beth-GDB
11-04-2006, 04:49 PM
I think more guys would be prepared to try it than is generally acknowledged.

Here's a link that might make a few people here smile, it's a fund raiser appeal for the Australian Red Cross. http://crossdress.redcross.org.au/ (the planned day has now passed).

Also, recently on another forum site I visit one of the members there was asking what to do with several hundred wedding dresses that were no longer needed by a wedding apparel hire company. One of the more popular suggestions in that discussion was to arrange a big forum party where the guys could each pick out and wear one of the dresses. :heehee:

Here's one coment from that discussion. "Nothing so Australian as getting into drag with some other blokes every now and then..."

Helen MC
11-04-2006, 06:18 PM
Leaving out those who do it for a laugh or halloween or a play etc and taking those who wear women's clothing on a regular basis I'd say about 20%. I include in that figure underdressers like myself who wear women's panties instead of male underpants 24/7.

If you include men who have perhaps tried on some female item once or twice out of curiosity or the man who as a boy had to wear his sister's panties sometimes or the man who has borrowed a pair of his G/F's or wife's knickers when he didn't have a clean pair of men's underwear then the percentage will go up.

Jennaie
11-04-2006, 06:38 PM
I think the guy who does it for halloween etc... uses the occasion as an excuse to do what he really would love to do much more of the time. I don't dress as a female at halloween, I'm too damn good at it and people would wonder why I am so good at it.

trannie T
11-04-2006, 07:14 PM
There is such a wide range of crossdressing that any accurate enumeration would be very difficult. From the twelve year old who tries on his sisters panties to the guy wearing a bra and panties under his business suit to the 24/7 transvestite to the flamboyant drag queen we are all crossdressers. Which ones do we count?

Billijo49504
11-04-2006, 10:33 PM
I think every guy has tried on his ladies panties, if not for just the fun of it. And if it was more accepted, I think more guys would do it on a regular basis. I wear a bra, cuz I have boobs. I wear panties, cuz I like the way they feel...BJ

Country girl
11-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Personally, I believe a lot of men would wear women's clothing if it were more readily acceptable. And I believe that a lot of you gurls are right as to how many wear them under their clothes or in private. My guess would be 50 to 60% of the male population is running around in women's panties at any given time. One of my best female friends is a therapist and she told me that it is a lot more common than people think. Anyway that's my :2c: . Hope it helped!

:hugs: to all,
Country girl

cdjenny
11-04-2006, 11:07 PM
like i say its depends on where you are at to get the right figures......likethis sightit's a 100%...from there i think it goes down a little but not much...wouldn't you agree. but hey thats my :2c: worth...this reply is only to make you smile...not to make anyone mad..at all that is not my intenctions here..so go ahead and :happy:

sandra-leigh
11-05-2006, 04:30 AM
I think that the reason that there are not more men openly crossdressing in public is the fear of ridicule

I recall fairly clearly that when I first dared go in public visibly dressed (skirt but no makeup or wig -- not even making any attempt to "pass"), it was after recalling a friend of mine who has done some work as a clown. I do not recall the exact words at the moment, but the gist of what he said was that, "I figure that my dignity can stand getting dressed up and looking ridiculous; it doesn't hurt me any."

He was talking about a rather different kind of dressing up, but I took what he said to heart, and figured that I too could stand going out in public looking funny and possibly being thought ridiculous -- that I might get laughed at or jeered at, but that I didn't have to let myself feel hurt by the people who didn't understand, and I didn't mind if people got some amusement out of it. And what turned out was that I did not get laughed at or jeered at, and I liked wearing a skirt around town.

So to the people who are concerned about going out in public because they are concerned about being laughed at: remember what Ann Landers used to say: "No-one can make you feel bad without your permission." Okay, going out in high heels and fishnets and a mini for your first outing might be a bit much, but especially if you go out in casual styles, just think to yourself, "Those people aren't me and if they laugh at me, it is out of ignorance, because they don't know what it's like to be me. I don't have to care what they think of me, and how I dress is none of their business." (This argument gets a bit weaker if you wear clothes that would be attention-getting even on a woman.)

nishababe
11-05-2006, 08:12 AM
I notice that ''Drucilla' has come up with a good point in that some womens things are just better and more practical than mens .
Well womens style purses and wallets are great ,with lots of places and space to put your money and credit cards ,a nice wide range of colours and styles etc,I always use them but even for doing that and using a unisex type arouses little nasty jibes and comments !!
Men would sooner go round putting their money eg notes and coins in their pockets in uk rather than risk being teased for having what would be classed as a slightly ''feminine'' style wallet .
What nonsense ,such bigoted thinking and stupid reactions from anything deviating from anthing other than the so called ''NORM''

We live in a frightened and sick society where anyone taking drugs and using violence is more sociably acceptable to the mass than being gay ,lesbian or transgendered etc .

Many people i have spoken when asked would sooner live next door to a drug addict than a crossdresser ,perhaps they think that they will catch the habit like flu ,hehehe

Love ''Nishababe'':heehee:

nishababe
11-05-2006, 08:25 AM
Following on another post ,well where I used to work ,every christmas time they used to have a fancy dress contest .
One of the office guys ,a real lady's man ,womaniser etc always used to dress up as a real sexy tarty glamourpus vamp ,methinks that he used to enjoy it rather toooooooooo much as he wiggled his butt and flashed his red silky panties ,mini skirt and black fishnet stockings etc at the judges .

What me a crossdresser he said ,no way........ummmmmmmmmm jury out !!

He clearly enjoyed it all ,what nonsense to have to protest so much about it only being ''once a year'' for the christmas fancy dress !!

Nishababe:heehee:

Melinda G
11-05-2006, 02:18 PM
There are probably a hell of a lot more men trying on womens clothes, than will ever admit to it.
Remember Flip Wilson, as Geraldine, and Dennis Rodman, all dolled up.

JulieCDorlando
11-05-2006, 02:24 PM
"Its strange because these same people always follow the pack in hounding gays ,lesbians etc and I laugh inside myself at hearing it all ,because I think that there is a little bit of a crossdressing streak in most us "!!

Hello,
This is typical behavior of the so called "straight or moral" people. A mob mentallity if you will. People will hate something first without fully understanding it. Maybe even it is to hide their own orientation, or what have you. To these kind of people, it's ok to make fun of someone else, degrade, humiliate, even treat someone with contempt as long as these straight/moral people are not the subject of the same treatment. Judging someone outwardly without knowing the content of their heart is wrong no matter how you look at it. More than likely these very same people who are not honest with themselves, probably delve into some sort of "deviant" behavior themselves? As Rodney King once said ..." why cant we all just get along?"

:2c:

sandra-leigh
11-06-2006, 03:23 AM
And of course, ALL British men are CDers :tongueout
Why else would they invent pantomine, and have so many comedians CDing,

Monty Python is one of my inspirations -- if they can dress like women, then so can I.
(Mind you, I'd really prefer to look better than most of the female characters they played!)

Carol A
11-06-2006, 07:40 AM
Has anyone gone to a CD get together or a Tg event? Believe me when I tell you there are more crossdresser then the world knows about. One day we all will be able to dress anyway we wish.:hugs:

Kate Simmons
11-06-2006, 07:57 AM
I once read that 10% of all the men brought into emergency rooms in this country are wearing some sort of women's clothes, it's from a survey they did a few years ago.

KarenGuess I was in that 10% last year Karen. I passed out at the club as Ericka and was taken to the ER half in and half out as they had taken my wig and pantyhose off me to give me some air before the ambulance came. It turned out to be a positive experience though even so.:happy: Ericka/Rich

Janailene
11-06-2006, 10:51 AM
I think that less than 5% are Cds, but that 50% have worn womans clothes. At an all boys hugh school the girls parts were always taken first. Once with a need for 15 "girls" for a chorus, 30+ signed up. Bet that some of those were Cds.