PDA

View Full Version : If you could....

Ranee Daze
11-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Responses to to my thread about children following in our pump steps have me asking again:

"If you could quit easily and be happy with it, would you?"

Ranee Daze

Stephenie S
11-04-2006, 01:10 PM
No way, Jose!

But you have put a caveat in here which is really no fair. You say, "If you could quit and be "happy" with it, would you?" That's like asking if you could be deaf and dumb and "happy" with it would you?

The answer is still no.

I LOVE who I am.

Steph

Holly
11-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Having a desire to change would seem to indicate that one was dissatisfied with the way they were. I'm perfectly content in the here and now. Even if I could be happy with the change you suggest I would gain nothing so why bother?

Brianna Lovely
11-04-2006, 01:46 PM
After spending most of my life in confusion about my identity, then finally accepting who I am, no, I could not be happy being anyone else, but myself.

Sweet Jane
11-04-2006, 01:47 PM
Hi
I've answered this question before.....yes. I would, in an instant. I could be very happy never "having" to dress again...I don't know "why" I do it because it seems so ridiculous.
Holly, I am dissatisfied with the way I am, I wouldn't choose to be me. Unfortunately, I don't get to choose.

Sharon
11-04-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm happy now -- why change anything?

Shelly Preston
11-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Responses to to my thread about children following in our pump steps have me asking again:

Ranee Daze

Seems like a trick question to me

As the question implies I am not happy now

I am happy so there is no incentive to quit

Alaceann
11-04-2006, 03:14 PM
I also wouldn't change. I'm to used to me the way I am.

AmberTG
11-04-2006, 03:34 PM
10 years ago I would have, now I wouldn't, I finally can see the real me without the societal bias getting in the way.

serinalynn
11-04-2006, 03:35 PM
No I wouldn't. I like to be able to wear anything I want whenever I want to, and I am quite comfortable in womens clothing. I went out shopping today wearing a wrap top with a deep V neck line, a plunge bra with matching panty, supreme jeans, with floral print trouser socks, and soft sole walking shoes. The day time high was 77 degrees so not much else was needed. No one even said anything about what I was wearing. At my local Torrid store I am a registered DIVA.

Beth-GDB
11-04-2006, 04:09 PM
If I could quit, no fuss, no second thoughts, etc, would I? In the past I would have said yes, if it was possible to do without any second thoughts. These days I realise that CD-ing is as much a part of who I am as any other aspect of my personality. My fondness for wearing femme clothes is not going to go away. Due to personal circumstances, except for literally a few minutes here and there, I haven't dressed for almost 8 months now (hopefully the situation will be over in the next few weeks) and it is bugging me that I haven't been able to dress the way I want in my own home for that long. Simply getting rid of my femme clothes and not dressing again in the future is not an option for me.

trannie T
11-04-2006, 06:05 PM
If I can choose to be happy I'll take that choice. At the present time I have no choice about my desire for crossdressing, therefore I have chosen to be happy.

Kate Simmons
11-04-2006, 06:14 PM
I can quit any time I want and still be happy, Hon. I'm myself, regardless of how I'm dressed. I just continue because it's my choice to do so. The world wouldn't end for me tomorrow if I couldn't be Ericka for some reason.:happy: Ericka/Rich

Jennaie
11-04-2006, 07:49 PM
This question has been ask so many times in so many different ways. I think that the problem with this question for me is that I love feeling fem so much that I can't imagine not being able to. Yet, if I could quit and have no desire to feel fem inside I know it would make my life much less complicated. So, yes, I would, but I would rather have been born female. :happy:

Kimberly
11-04-2006, 07:54 PM
no. I believe I have a lot to thank re: my outlook on life, the observations of the world around me, and a certain amount of my talent, thanks to my TGism. xx

Lisa Maren
11-04-2006, 08:40 PM
If I could quite and "be happy" with it (which I can"t), I believe that my inner femininity would have to be gone in order for that to work. That would mean I" be a different person and I don"t think I would like myself.

I think most men are pigs! :heehee:

Hugs,
Lisa

Billijo49504
11-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Not in this lifetime. I really enjoy the silky clothes...BJ

NatalieBliss
11-04-2006, 11:40 PM

If I could quit easily and be happy with it, I wouldn't be a crossdresser!

In otherwords... I am happy with who I am...

sandra-leigh
11-05-2006, 03:36 AM

I have some health problems that are stress related (too much stress over too much time). For whatever reason, dressing is a stress relief for me, and has been something I've been able to plan and feel very good doing even at times when I had a lot of trouble planning much of anything else.

I am not one of the people who "always knew he should have been female"; and even now if I go out en femme looking pretty good, though I am happy in a way that little else in my life brings to me, I don't have a voice in my head telling me that "What you really want is to really be female!"
I am not unhappy that I am a male. But the more "passable" I am, the more my awareness of being male sort of drains away from me for that time; I only begin to feel as if I am sort of female when I wear some of the classic feminine styles, such as long velvet dresses, or ankle-length dresses that restrict leg movement, or some kinds of skirts (but not others.) Wearing a bra or panties or nylons doesn't make me feel as if I am a woman;a camisole heads me in that direction; a few styles of blouses do, but many do not.

Cross-dressing has also given me some social outlet that was in short supply in my life -- the shopping and the going to meetings and club events and the talking to people (and of course, reading and posting on this forum) have been interacting with people, not with computers computers computers. (Admittedly, though, sometimes this forum can be a bit wearing because it is yet more and more time spent in front a computer and I do that too much as it is.)

Thus, to a non-trivial extent, cross-dressing is an adaptive survival behaviour for me -- it keeps my stress down and my confidence up, and it opens my socialability up in ways that I need to open up.

If I were to quit crossdressing... no, not unless the rewards were better than what I'm getting out of it now. (For example, if my health issues could be cured but the cost was losing cross-dressing, then, yeh, there is a good chance I would agree to that. I do not have a particular wish to stop cross-dressing, but my health problems take a lot out of me sometimes so I do have a particular wish to be to stop being unhealthy.)