PDA

View Full Version : Kind Sales Assistant

Josi
11-04-2006, 02:10 PM
I went to Boots today (a very large Drug Store) to get a prescription filled.
Whilst there, (not en femme) I saw a poster advertising a "Perfect Match" foundation offer.
The SA would match your skin to the right type and colour of foundation.

I had a £5 voucher in my wallet burning a hole and needing to be used or it would be out of date. I never intended to when I went in .. honest.

The SA was about 20, with a kindly disposition and looking perfectly made up.
So I approached her and said "Can you help me to match a foundation?"
She said "Is it for you?"
I said "Yes".
She took me to the counter, and tried 3 or 4 different colours on my face (near the jaw line).
She advised which one most suited my complexion and I agreed!
I used my voucher towards the price.
She then wiped the trial foundations off my face with a makeup remover cloth.
We parted with a smile .. me happy with my purchase and her with a sale!

A simple thing.
But her easyness and kindness and showing no trace of embarassment or discomfort reminds me that there are some kind accepting people (mostly women!) out there :thumbsup:

heathr1
11-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Always loved Boots SA's.

Very approachable and helpful.

They really helped on occasions like buying nailpolish and lipsticks:happy:

ElleCD
11-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Josi

Nice story. My experience is that 90% of SAs are TV friendly which si a real bonus for us,

Elle
XX

Amy Hepker
11-04-2006, 04:01 PM
In truth I don't think they should care one way or another. It's not like we are a threat to them in anyway shape or form. They are sales people and should do their job. I am sure she probably did tell someone else about it later on. I went to a Walmart store one time with my now Xwife, We were greeted by the lady at the door who said "Good Mourning Ladies" That was cool. We then headed tword the clothes section. I started looking through the racks of clothes and then my wife started taking off in another direction. I started to follow and she walked faster right out the door. I caught up with her and she asked if I had noticed that the sales girls in the store were talking and pointing in my direction. I really didn't care, but I guess she did. I wanted to look around more. I guess I was a little obvious wearing a bright Blue Dress.

Billijo49504
11-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Hi and I'm glad you had a good experience. Next time you need more makeup, go back to her and she will start learning your style....BJ

Jasmine Ellis
11-04-2006, 05:24 PM
I love boots, they are always nice and friendly, very helpful when you ask them something I always buy my make-up in boots

S. Lisa Smith
11-04-2006, 06:13 PM
I have always had good luck with SA's. If you are working with one I think it is helpful to have a positive additude, be proud and ask for what you want. I went into an Ulta in Newport News, Va. this past week (it's in the same shopping center that the Kohl's that I refer to in this link: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43047 ). I went to the counter and asked for help with some contour color. The SA who helped me wasn't sure what I wanted it for, so I told her. She was floored! It was really cute, she loved the idea that I crossdressed and wanted to come back dressed. I got her name and told her I would. I will, too. The color was good for my cheeks, but way too dark for the sides of my nose. Need to get a lighter color.

Kaitlyn Michele
11-05-2006, 02:53 AM
very nice story!! keep em coming until every girl here gets the guts to do it!!

its funny right now, i am more comfortable shopping for femme stuff dressed!
i havent tried the makeup counter as a guy..i should..i really want to get the right makeup

i have got my foundation matched while i was dressed and i can say it made a HUGE difference..

Emma England
11-05-2006, 05:47 AM
Most of the time, I buy makeup at Boots.

The last time, I nearly asked. Didn't as I didn't have a lot of time, so I tried on the tester foundations in front of the mirror. The best one is still the blonde shade for me.

Would love an sa to help though. They might be able to offer something better right?

Would it be best to ask for a foundation that covers beard shadow, or just for the right matching shade?

I can buy ladies clothes en femme, but makeup? Well, I'm still nervous about that! Don't understand that as I believe all guys (not just cds) should use cosmetics to enhance their face. If everyone did, then the world would be a more beautiful place!!