PDA

View Full Version : Homosexual/Straight

kspntyhoselvr_04
11-04-2006, 06:01 PM
Does crossdressing mean that you are gay? I have a girlfriend so I hope it doesn't. I do sometimes wonder what it would be like to be with a guy, but I don't ever want to leave my girlfriend.
What's your input?

(i'm sorry if this post is against the rules. I didn't really feel like reading them)

trannie T
11-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Most crossdressers are heterosexual. Most heterosexuals have fantasies about gay sex. We are normal in that regard. You have a girlfriend and you are attracted to her, don't worry.

Kate Simmons
11-04-2006, 06:10 PM
You are in control of your life, Hon (hopefully). So, it's really up to you what you consider yourself and who/what you want to be. Just because we put on a dress, doesn't automatically "make" us anything. Your feelings will tell you that.:happy: Ericka/Rich

serinalynn
11-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Does crossdressing mean that you are gay? I have a girlfriend so I hope it doesn't. I do sometimes wonder what it would be like to be with a guy, but I don't ever want to leave my girlfriend.
What's your input?

(i'm sorry if this post is against the rules. I didn't really feel like reading them)

JUst because you crossdress in womens clothes doesn't mean your gay, Lots of women believe that, and my wife actually asked, if I was gay when I first told her about my crossdressing. I am Not I just like wearing womens clothing. MY wife is begrudgingly allowing me some time every week to allow me to wear womens clothing. You have to tell your girl friend that you do dress in womens clothing, and discuss it with her so that its not going to be a big shock to her. There are some women out there that actually allow their boy friends and husbands to dress in womens clothing and are very supportive about it. maybe you are lucky enough to have a GF who sould be supportive and help you with it. Good Luck

Cami_wi
11-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Hi, I agree with Trannie T's responce. Society always wants to lable People, and have gotten into our minds to question these things. Using a label I would say possibly BI-Curious. I think the thoughts are normal to have. Being Who We are Does NOT Change our Sexual Preference. I have posted this link before. seems like a good one to answer some of your question.

http://www.ren.org/rbp01.html

Amy Hepker
11-04-2006, 06:29 PM
Crossdress does NOT mean Gay. Crossdress just means wearing the clothes of the other sex. Want to start something, ask your special other if she wears guys jeans or shirts, then tell her she is a crossdresser. Better duck with that. It is socially acceptable for a girl to dress in guys clothes without being labled, but it is not socially acceptable for a guy to do it, therefore we are labled as crossdressers. Do you feel differnt Now??? If a guy has sexual reassignment is he concidered gay if he has a relationship with a man??? How can (she) be, she is now Female??? Things to ponder. I myself would never have a relationship with another guy.

Beth-GDB
11-04-2006, 06:31 PM
First, a couple of links.

http://www.selfhelpmagazine.com/articles/sex/xdress.html
http://www.pmpub.com/crossdressingFQA.htm

When I was much younger I often wondered if I was gay because of my desires to dress and look like a GG and just didn't realise I was gay, but after much personal thought about that over the years I'm completely certain that I'm not gay. In a nutshell, I'm not attracted to men and have never felt any desire to be romantically involved with any man. The idea of having a male romantic partner is very much a turnoff to me.

As for your wondering, that's for you to come to your own conclusions about. Personally I regularly think about what kind of person I would be if I'd been born as a GG, and what it would be like to have real brasts and a vagina, but I have no deep seated need to put myself on an operating table and have a surgeon give me breasts and a vagina. I'm fine with the body I was born with and the most drastic permanent change that I'd consider is some hair removal.

kellylynn_31
11-04-2006, 06:42 PM
I dont believe so.

I am as hetero as can be but enjoy dressing en femmw

Tamara Croft
11-04-2006, 06:49 PM
(i'm sorry if this post is against the rules. I didn't really feel like reading them)Oh? you didn't? so let's just say this was against the rules to post, would you be saying that after you got yourself banned??? Some friendly advice, those who choose not to 'bother' reading our rules, don't tend to have a very long stay.

Tamara
Administrator

Jennaie
11-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Crossdressing means you like to wear women's clothing, that's all it means.
Beyond that, your sexual preference is yours and yours alone.

There are some crossdressers who are bi, some who are gay, some who are straight, and some who like the feel and taste of soft, wet, sugar glazed lips from licking a slowpoke. :2c:

loki_uk
11-04-2006, 06:50 PM
I reckon I'm 60% straight male, and 40% lesbian ;)

eleventhdr
11-04-2006, 07:01 PM
I really have no desires to be with other men when ever I can dress save to and or as just other male freinds in the traditional way only that is as buddies.

No sex anywhich way at all or anything like that..
But then if and when i was really able to become female entirely I do think that I would be lesbiain just because I really do like the female sex so very much that I would enjoy it to the very maximum indeed and this would include sex with my own sex then which would then be female.

Olny other females really do know and understand what females really do want male can empathize but they can still nver know just what females really do desire so yeah in this aspect I would be what is now currently called gay hmmm!

Oh well

So be it!

Jay Suzy!

Jodie_Lynn
11-04-2006, 07:04 PM
hetero, homo, straight, bent, whatever.

Why do people insist on labels? Does it make you "better" than a gay CD-er if you are straight? Or the reverse?

What if you are "straight" when in drab, but like men when dressed? If you can share pleasure with both genders, are you better or worse off than a mono-sexual player?

As long as it harms no one, what does your sexual orientation matter?

MarinaTwelve200
11-04-2006, 07:17 PM
First, a couple of links.

http://www.selfhelpmagazine.com/articles/sex/xdress.html
http://www.pmpub.com/crossdressingFQA.htm

When I was much younger I often wondered if I was gay because of my desires to dress and look like a GG and just didn't realise I was gay, but after much personal thought about that over the years I'm completely certain that I'm not gay. In a nutshell, I'm not attracted to men and have never felt any desire to be romantically involved with any man. The idea of having a male romantic partner is very much a turnoff to me.

Its the same way with ME----INDEED considering a GAY guy is attracted to men and manly things, you would think that Gays would be one of the least likely groups to crossdress.

But since CDing is more of a "rush", Thrill seeking, or Identity based urge, rather than a sexual based one, A gay would be only as likely to CD as a hetro guy---the percentages might be the same. CDing may appear to be a "Gay thing" as "Transexuals" may often associate with gays---and a guy who admits publically that he is gay would be less "inhibited" in displaying CD tendancies.

The main reason, IMHO, that CD is associated with GAY, is that MOST people simply do not know what GAY (Homosexual) means----The most common reply when queried on this matter is "A man who THINKS he is a woman"----and not the REAL determinant---A man who is sexually attracted to other men.-----The first definition is usually the Jr. High School locker room defenition, that many adults, who never bothered to check it out, but still beleive.--- Oh, they later found out that Gays like to have sex with other guys, but it a thing that gays ALSO do rather than the determinant , in their mind.

Hence the ongoing confusion of GAY equalling CD. Sad really, This misconception has caused so much needless suffering on both sides of the CD fence.

Bunny_B
11-04-2006, 07:48 PM

Why do people insist on labels? Does it make you "better" than a gay CD-er if you are straight? Or the reverse?

What if you are "straight" when in drab, but like men when dressed?

Which pretty much describes me.

I'm not a fan of labels at all, even crossdresser or transvestite. Does it mean you're gay if you sleep with one guy? or is the quota two or three?

You are what you are, in my opinion, but there's so much prejudice these days, it can be difficult to be comfortable knowing you are attracted to the same sex.

As Marina says, I kind of consider Cross dressing to be one of the most heterosexual things you can do. A lot of gay guys are very turned off when I mention I'm a CD. Some, however, love the idea. In the end we're just people. Have fun, do what you like, don't feel guilty and do not hurt other people.

now, if i could only just follow my own advice... :P

Billijo49504
11-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Even though I dress as a gurl, I'm strickley straight. I like generic girls...BJ
ps or does that make me a Lisbien

Joy Carter
11-05-2006, 12:33 AM
Strait guy no matter what. But if my plumbing was differant I'd still be strait, just on the bottom.

Jodie_Lynn
11-05-2006, 12:34 AM
Even though I dress as a gurl, I'm strickley straight. I like generic girls...BJ
ps or does that make me a Lisbien

:heehee: I like generic girls too. The brand name ones are too expensive and high maintenance.........
:D

tall_brianna
11-05-2006, 01:11 AM

:yt: You as gay as you feel baby; have a gay ol' time. But technically you are not a homosexual until you've had a "sexual" encounter. "Oh yeah, prove it." :lol: So now go hug a gay or lesbian person as repentence for not tolerating yourself. :)

-b

(all in jest)

Jodie_Lynn
11-05-2006, 01:55 AM
:yt: You as gay as you feel baby; have a gay ol' time. But technically you are not a homosexual until you've had a "sexual" encounter. "Oh yeah, prove it." :lol: So now go hug a gay or lesbian person as repentence for not tolerating yourself. :)

-b

(all in jest)

C'mere and kiss me like you mean it! :love:

:devil:

Brianna Lovely
11-05-2006, 03:41 AM
Gee, every time the word "gay" is brought up, the lables start flying around.
Accusations and denials, makes my pretty little head spin.

How about, you are whatever you FEEL you are, at the moment?

I think the important thing is to love and accept yourself, for who you are.

We all need love, respect and acceptance, no matter who we feel we are.

Jillian310
11-05-2006, 10:53 AM
I don't buy into the bi-curious concept, nor do I believe that commiting an 'act' is what confirms that one is gay or bi. If you are fantasizing and/or thinking about being with a guy when dressed or not, you are gay or bi. These rationizations are notheing more than attempts at political correctness, trying to have it both ways. CD's are either straight or homosexual. There is no middle ground except for asexual, meaning there is no desire for sex with either gender.

korki
11-05-2006, 01:46 PM
:love:
Well ladies,
i am bisexual and quite happy with it !
be yourself and you will be your best !!

love you all,

Korki

janie2261
11-07-2006, 12:25 AM
I don't buy into the bi-curious concept, nor do I believe that commiting an 'act' is what confirms that one is gay or bi. If you are fantasizing and/or thinking about being with a guy when dressed or not, you are gay or bi. These rationizations are notheing more than attempts at political correctness, trying to have it both ways. CD's are either straight or homosexual. There is no middle ground except for asexual, meaning there is no desire for sex with either gender.

I couldn't disagree more. The actual world is not simply black & white. There are many gradations between 100% gay and 100% straight. If it weren't for severe social conditioning, many people would have at least experimented a little. However, there is great cultural shame associated with committing a single homosexual act, or even fantasizing about one. It is as if one act permanently taints someone as gay. This is just as ridiculous as the idea that someone with a small amount of African heritage is classified as "black" even though he may be 90% white ancestry.

gwenrob43
11-07-2006, 12:47 AM
Wow, hard to spell your handle, Kspntyhoselvr. Did I get that right? Anyway being a crossdresser certainly doesn't have anything to do with being gay. There are CD's that are gay, but on a whole, I think most (maybe 70-80%) are straight. Anyway, I like GG's too, even though I dress frequently, I'm not gay.

Gwen

ReginaK
11-07-2006, 07:47 AM

Fantasizing about being with a man doesn't make you gay any more than fantasizing about dinner makes you full.

Fionax
11-07-2006, 09:58 AM
I've never really understood the mind set that links crossdressing with being gay. If you're a bloke who fancies blokes why should you believe it made you attractive to them if you dress as a girl? If you are anyway passable, presumably it is a put off.

Why go to all the bother and expense, and it is both, just to pull a man which you can do at the drop of a hat?

Fi

malindaj007
11-07-2006, 11:49 AM
No matter what I wear, I'm still attracted to women. 100% staight. However, if I were a GG, I'd be a lesbian all the way!:heehee:

nicolecdgal
11-07-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm straight and love my wife very much...I just wish she'd try to talk to me and try to understand my needs to crossdress.

noname
11-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Most crossdressers are heterosexual. Most heterosexuals have fantasies about gay sex.

Whoa whoa whoa. I would htink most heteros would not fantasize about gay sex. I know I sure don't.

vbcdgrl
11-07-2006, 02:02 PM
I agree with Trannie T. I love to "girl watch" whether en femme or drab. Male homosexual (gay)activity turns me off, female homosexual (lesbian) activity turns me on. Weird, huh?

Vikki

MJ
11-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Crossdress does NOT mean Gay. Crossdress just means wearing the clothes of the other sex. Want to start something, ask your special other if she wears guys jeans or shirts, then tell her she is a crossdresser. Better duck with that. It is socially acceptable for a girl to dress in guys clothes without being labled, but it is not socially acceptable for a guy to do it, therefore we are labled as crossdressers. Do you feel differnt Now???
If a guy has sexual reassignment is he concidered gay if he has a relationship with a man??? How can (she) be, she is now Female??? Things to ponder. I myself would never have a relationship with another guy.

well now here is a can of worms worth opening .. and the answer is no.. i am going for srs and i like men so i self identify as a woman there for i am hetero.. however that said if i find a woman well ???

Eugenie
11-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Well, I have to speak from experience that their is a middle ground, at least for me there is. Growing up I was kind of homophoebic and the thought of being with another man was completely out of the realm of possibility...no desire at all. But now, the more I've been dressing (since age 6), the more I have desires to be with men. However, I have these desires only while I'm dressed en femme. I have acted on my desires once with another CD and it was a wonderful experience. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I don't consider myself "gay"...but I do consider myself "bi". Does it really matter though? Sex is sex...and if you do it safely, any gender will do.

I admit to feel about the same way about this. When I'm "en femme", and only then, I've had the feeling of being attracted to a man. Actually, in another post of this forum I've told my experience with a CD friend who was seduced by my cleavage and then behaved with me more like a male than like a gurl... I admit that I find this person more attractive as a male (when he is not dressed "en femme") than as a gurl, at least when I'm "en femme".

One last point, I find the insistance on the denial of being gay unnecessary and in some cases a bit discriminatory. I work very closely with a "Non discrimination organization" which includes several groups fighting against all forms of discrimination, among which an LGBT organization. In addition, my own daughter is Lesbian.

It is fine to say that there is no direct link between X-dressing and homosexuality, but denying being gay as if it was a disgrace is somewhat discriminatory, at least in my view.

:hugs:
Eugenie

Sasha Anne Meadows
11-07-2006, 06:00 PM
I think think all the girls on this topic really have it down pat. This is a wondeful summary who we are. Most of us are not gay just because we dress. Some of us are attracted to CDs. Labes are always unfair.

But if I had to give myself a label it would be to girl lisbian. That's how I feel.

Kisses

Sasha Anne

hotbobbie
11-07-2006, 06:02 PM
I do not feel it matters if you are staight or gay but the kind of person you are.

Karen Edmonton
11-07-2006, 06:06 PM
The best answer is : If you were gay , you'd know it ! Just because you dress doesn't mean you're gay !

Tina Dixon
11-07-2006, 07:07 PM
I guess I'm gay!!!!!:eek: Because when I'm dressed I want to be a lesbian and are they not gay:thumbsup:

KateW
11-07-2006, 08:18 PM
I had a funny conversation with a friend once. He repeated the common misconception that if you had your right pierced it meant that you were gay. I replied... "that's funny, I thought it was when you slept with men that you were gay?" I then asked, "if someone pierced your ear while you were sleeping, would you suddenly wake up fancying men". He replied no, just because his ear was pierced wouldn't make him gay. And then he twigged! :-)

My point is, being attacted to men is the sign to look out for if you wonder if you might have have gay tendancies. Wearing womens clothing just means you have good taste in clothes! Either way, it really doesn't matter as long as you are happy.

Jillian310
11-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Janie, not a valid analogy. Your example is related to genetics. There is no DNA test for homosexuality/bisexuality. (Some recent brain scans have, however, looked promising.) DNA can prove lineage, however society defines that 'mix'. Most of the gay teens I have been associated with classify themselves and have NOT had sexual contact. Sexuality is a matter of the mind, not physical acts. There are untold numbers of cases of homosxuals that NEVER commited an 'act' but have closeted for many, many years.

ellieparsons
11-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Being a CD doesn't make you gay, I had a girlfriend that I used to dress with.

kspntyhoselvr_04
11-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Oh? you didn't? so let's just say this was against the rules to post, would you be saying that after you got yourself banned??? Some friendly advice, those who choose not to 'bother' reading our rules, don't tend to have a very long stay.

Tamara
Administrator

I honestly find that comment rather rude:Angry3:

CaptLex
11-08-2006, 09:58 PM
I honestly find that comment rather rude:Angry3:
Tamara's right . . . the rules are there for a reason. If you're not sure if something is against the rules, best to look it up before you post. I would say it's rude to ignore the rules of a forum and just post whatever you wish. This is why people get in trouble here all the time - they break the rules that they can't be bothered reading, or choose to ignore. She's giving you good advice.

rye_ginger
11-08-2006, 10:12 PM
CDs aren't all gay or all straight. But I think our views on gender certinely open up our views on where we find love. I'm straight but I've experimented and I would again if it felt right. I refuse to limit my gender or my sexuality.

Billie Jean
11-09-2006, 07:27 PM
I guess it means I'm gay if because when dressed I feel like a lesbian. Have a GG lesbian friend I' like to be with at least once. She's super hot. Billie Jean

Jennifer Devine
11-10-2006, 09:19 AM
I'm straight and I adore cross dressing!
Not all cross dressers are gay.
I think too many people have the misconception that cross dressers are gay.
There are many straight cross dressers out there like Eddie Izzard,
Dennis Rodman, David Beckham etc.
Just do what feels comfortable whether you're gay or straight!
To hell with what other people think!

Jen xxx

Charolette time
11-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Years ago I worked with a fellow who was a batchelor, I was kind of sure he was gay,dont know why, well anyway I was home one day from work dressed in my panties and bra, pantyhoes and some make up, I heard a knock on the back door, and it was my friend from work, I just sucked it up and opened the door, standing there in all my ladies undies he smiled at me and said that I was looking pretty, He asked if he could come in ,I was kind of in a bliss, I said sure, he told me that he was gay and if I would like to try it ,my first experiance, well we sat in the living room and the next thing I knew I was being given a feeling I never new that I would enjoy, later we just sat there and hugged and kissed, that was many years ago ,after that nothing was ever said, he passed away with a heart attack soon after that ,too young, who knows what would have happened had he not died, still think about the first time, I have not been with a male dressed as acd in that position since, Am I gay i dont know but had a wonderful time, Love Charolette