PDA

View Full Version : Old Fat Guy in a Dress

ubokvt
11-05-2006, 09:46 AM
Sorry girls, just having some drepression around body image issues. Went for a makeover, and the girl that came out wasn't who I expexted. Been out dressed a couple of times, start feeling self consious, and then like an old fat guy in a dress, so not what I want or hoped for. I see all you pretty girls here and just feel worse. Some of it is old and fat, some just lack of practice and confidence in who I look like, and some wanting to look like an age appropriate woman. How do you deal with looking in the mirror and seeing the old fat guy in a dress.:sad:

loki_uk
11-05-2006, 09:53 AM
I'm no stick insect but I never worry about my weight, sSometimes I don't even try to pass if I'm going out clubbing and just wear something silly like dressing as a nurse, schoolgirl or even SuperNanny if I'm really in the mood

Relax, have fun and forget about your age, age is all in the mind

Joy Carter
11-05-2006, 10:05 AM
Hey get a load of my avatar ! You really think I'm happy looking like a Mom ? But I'm in for a penny in for a pound on this so I'm not denying what I look like. I'm just being the best I can with what I have.

:hugs:

Holly
11-05-2006, 10:17 AM
I'm another who will never shop in the petite section of the store. Don't let your body image concerns overshadow your fem mindset. The key is to be content with what you have (notice I did NOT say satisfied). Darn few of us wholly happy with the way we look. I suspect many, if not all, GG's experience many of the same feelings. If there are parts of your life you are less than happy with, then why not do what you can to make it different. Work on what is workable. You may not be able to do much with old, and guy may not be one of the things about yourself that you are willing to change, but fat is something that you can do something about, if that is what is really bothering you. Ubokvt, believe me, I do understand. I've battled weight issues all my life. I went so far as to have gastric bypass surgery to deal with my weight issues. Believe in yourself! You are a vibrant, loving, individual who has much to offer. You are what and who you choose to be. Hang in there! :hugs:

Tamara Croft
11-05-2006, 10:25 AM
Actually this sounds a lot like how I feel..... not the guy in a dress thing, but being on the larger side, I often feel like a potato in a sack. I think you need to start being comfortable with your weight, accept yourself for who you are and enjoy life. I also think you need a :hugs: Chin up sweetie, there's worse things at sea ;)

crossing-the-rain
11-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Sometimes I look like a pretty woman but some times likse whay you said a fat old man dress like a woman,it's all depends on my mood.But lots of the girls here are beautiful and sexy. but one thing we have to remember ,we have no different between those " normal " people.They are also getting old esaily.
So don't worry about your age,if you think more,you upset more.But I really need hellp for make up etc.I really amazed some girls are so good looking.
Rain.

Eileen
11-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Ubokvt give yourself time and as the girls said learn to love the things you like about yourself and changes the things you can. It takes time and most, including the gg's, have a few things we just have to live with. You are doing great! Chin up girl!

Joy you are a great looking mom! Any child would be proud to call you mom!

Eileen

uknowhoo
11-05-2006, 10:37 AM
So I read your post, then go to the Pic Gallery to check out your "makeover" thread. I hold my breath and peek through my fingers at the pic and... WHAT!?!? You look beautiful! You [I]are[I] one of the pretty girls here!

Some of us girls manage to post some convincing femme pics here, but [I]verrry[I] few of us actually look like GG's in RL. We get all fancied up, enjoy some girl time, take 83 pics, and hope one of them is good enough to post! Why do you think I've had the same avatar pic for almost a year?!?

The thing is, if we set our goal at looking like a lingere model in the VS catalog, we're bound to be miserable - just ask any anorexic 14 year old girl. It's not about perfection, CDing is supposed to be fun! The more we can just be accepting of ourselves (and others) as we are, the more we'll be able to enjoy the experience.:2c:

Good luck and HAVE FUN, you lil hottie you1:heehee:

xoxo

T

slipoverstockings
11-05-2006, 10:52 AM
I've given up any pretension to thin and beautiful.
I just love the clothes and as I'm pretty much in the closet there is only me and my imagination to fool.

krissysSecret
11-05-2006, 10:54 AM
UBOKVT...I have a feeling that almost all of us have had that feeling a time or two.I know that I want to look in the mirror and see that cute girl that I was in my 30's. In my 50's.. I know that I have to work more at having a "look",but it doesn't diminish my feelings of enjoying being a girl.Don't let it get you down....as Oohtammi said accept yourself and enjoy!
Krissy

Sheila
11-05-2006, 10:55 AM
look beyhond the mirror into the real you hun - and this comes from a height challenged, fattie with grey hair.

have a :bighug:

Jess

michele_t39
11-05-2006, 11:15 AM
ubokvt ~

It was nice meeting you the other night. To me it seems like you have it all together. I uses to feel very self conscious too. I know I have many flaws. But who really is to determine what a flaw is? hmmmmm? I do the best I can under the circumstances and generally I am very pleased with myself.

I am on the heavy side. I have been fighting the battle of the bulge for many years, well before knew much about Michele. And I think about the weight issue whether I am Michele or the guy dressed in drab :straightface:

I just know that, for the little amouts of time I have to go out as Michele, I won't get upset with myself if I have not got all my strands of hair in place. I just take my time and enjoy putting myself together. I might look for opportunities to improve myself next time.

I enjoy every moment. Will chat with you again soon.

AprilMae
11-05-2006, 11:20 AM
I saw your picture, and while you may not be happy with your weight, I saw a woman in that picture, a pretty one at that. Now , I, on the other hand am the fat guy in a dress.

Kate Simmons
11-05-2006, 11:26 AM
I just say hey old fat person, what do you think? I'm gonna be comfortable with myself anyway. You have to realize that when I become Ericka, I usually get dressed first, then put on my makeup. This all happens before I put my wig on. I'm bald and could get discouraged right there but like any artist, I'm seeing in my mind the finished product of art and ignoring the reflection except for what I'm looking at (makeup, etc). It all comes together when the wig goes on and the absolute last thing is always my lipstick. Then my "work of art" is complete. The whole thing is perception. I could quit halfway through and say the hell with it because I'm seeing an old bald guy in the mirror but I know my efforts will pay off when I'm finished. That's how I look at it anyway.Takes a while to get used to thinking like that though, so don't get discouraged, Hon.:happy: Ericka/Rich

kristytv
11-05-2006, 11:29 AM
there are reasons that i havent posted up pis of myself dressed and mostly because i dont like how i look , but hopefully that will change, i am a big girl myself

Karren H
11-05-2006, 11:41 AM
HEY!! Snap out of it, we've all been there and it should just drive you harder to change what you don't like.....So "Please step away from the computer" and go out and get some exersize!!!! I am! more leaves to rake and an ice hockey game tonight.....got to want something bad enough to make that change....and your health will improve dramatically!! Trust me!! Been there! I'll email you some of my fat ugly woman pics....that will scare the bejeebees out of you!! :)

Love Karren

Still here??? GO!!!! Do I have to come over there and unplug your modem??? hehehe

Jillian310
11-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Fat old man in a dress ~ ~ ~ NO Fat old CD in a sexy scandalous mini and black fishnets and a black garter belt ~ ~ ~ YES, YES, YES, YES.

Karren H
11-05-2006, 02:08 PM
Fat old man in a dress ~ ~ ~ NO Fat old CD in a sexy scandalous mini and black fishnets and a black garter belt ~ ~ ~ YES, YES, YES, YES.

AKA Tramp, Tramp, Tramp hehehe

Love Karren

JulieCDorlando
11-05-2006, 02:12 PM
hello,
Just a quick reply on your post. As much fun as the internet is for some people, everything on the internet isn't actually real. Some of the ladies on this web site do look very beautiful, but most are no different than you or I. We CD's GG's, teens, and some men all struggle with body issues, and most struggle at making ourselves beautiful to everyone else. But isn't that a wonderful aspect to have? To me at least it is a lot of fun trying :D . Everyone should (including CD's) see the beauty within oneself first. That feeling will radiate outward where your confidence is. Not everyone who sees you dressed will see that you are just some" old fat guy in a dress". Please know very very few CD's look like Katherine Zeta - Jones, or Jessica Simpson, a Spohia Loren. Do not judge yourself by outward appearances only. You are worth far more than mere looks alone. Look at what is within yourself, look at what makes you, you, the uniquness about yourself, the qualities you posses in your personality (compassion, kindness etc etc). Those are just a couple of things on how you should judge yourself. If by chance you run across some individual that sees you in a different light, then so be it. That individual doesn't live withyou or pay your bills so his/her opinions about you should mean very little if anything at all. If you have an accepting spouse or family, then you are by far better off than most CD's. Please, stop and look around you, be thankful for what you do have. If you see that you need to change something then please do it. Be committed to that. That will take some of your depression away. But see yourself for what your true worth is to the world, not by superficial means. Good luck

Audrey34
11-05-2006, 02:21 PM
Ubokvt, I have the same issue. I'm 300 pounds and on some days I also feel like the "fat guy in a dress". Listen to what these ladies have to say. The advice I get from this forum has been an eye opener. Hang in there, we may not be able to hang out in the "young petite" section but we can still look and feel good.
-Audrey

Tracy_Victoria
11-05-2006, 02:50 PM
I bet I wiegh more than you too! But I look on my size as an advantage over a disadvantage. basically we can't all be Jordans or Sharon Stone look a likes, but thankfully the truth is, many woman feel the same as you do, want to look glamarous, and beautiful. Also there are many large ladies, thankfully RG come in all sizes and shapes!

The truth is some larger ladies actually do look good, how many men clamer for Dawn french and other Buxom ladies, and the reason for this is these girls have admitted there not in the size 10 league, but are comfortable with both there size and there looks.

The main think here is to be comfortable and confident, and do the best make over you can, wear good wigs and nice well taylored good fitting clothes. people like us would never be a 10, if we lived on carrot juice and apples for six years, therefore the secret is to try to diet if you want , but be happy as you are, and do the best you can.

I'm not being funny here, but I'd rather be as I am, than have heavy hair growth, be 6, foot 3", or have heavy beard shadow. most big CD I have met, normally look very convincing and pass with ease, mainly because they have tended to dress very well, there shape disguises wrong bits and add to the once females have and they tend wear good fitting clothes.

I come in at 5'10" im well over 300 pounds but I can pass with ease, basically because I follow the golden rules of not wearing cheap wigs (so they don't look like a wig) show my assests, Ie I can make curves in the right places with just a suspender belt, or tights, and dispite my size, I can make an impressive clevage by taping, and I always wear very smart clothes and use anything and every thing to add to my female make over illussion. Maybe then the reason I tend to pass is because of my effort, something sadly some of the actually bigger RG don't make an effort on. (the ones that do, can be truely stunning.

Also remember 200 or 300 hundred years ago, the reverse was the case, large people where the beautiful people, so only the point of view has changed, bigger people can still look good, if they don't bow to the must fit in that box mentalitity.

ME, I'm me, and happy about that!

BobbieCD1944
11-05-2006, 03:18 PM
Sorry girls, just having some drepression around body image issues. ....., and then like an old fat guy in a dress, so not what I want or hoped for.....

I can soooo identify with this. Over the years I have become totally comfortable with the way I dress here at home or the parties I go to. Yet.... I have resisted going to a transformation "shop" to get a complete makeover. They are not cheap. I've met the lady the runs the one near here. I am sure she would do her best.. still.. my fear is the fat guy looking like a grandma..... so, I keep putting it off.

Tina Dixon
11-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Some times I feel like I could walk down the street and maybe get a whisel, but there are days where I feel like a fat hair guy in a dress, so don't feel bad it happens to us all.:hugs:

Jasmine Ellis
11-05-2006, 05:19 PM
dear all I can say to you is. Tell those who say you are fat, go and piss in the cornor.

love what you do, love what you wear, love yourself who you are

sorry for the p*** ward :hugs:

Ellie C
11-05-2006, 06:01 PM
hi , i am now 44 have crossdressed since i was 12 , i still have not the confidence to go outside dressed , you are anazing :D , well done you :)

trannie T
11-05-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm an old fat guy. If I'm wearing jeans and a sweatshirt I'm an old fat guy wearing jeans and a sweatshirt. If I'm wearing a dress I'm an old fat guy having a great time wearing a dress. I enjoy doing what I enjoy.