PDA

View Full Version : Stockings

kellylynn_31
11-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Hi everyone,

Looking for some help on getting some silk stockings.

My SO suggested I get some and who am I to argue.

Anyone know of where I can get reasonabley priced silk or darn close to it stockings or hose on-line.

Do most of my on-line shopping at Vitorias and Fredericks. We go shopping at Penny's, Sears and other department stores.

Any suggestions will be appriciated.

Kelly

Sedona
11-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Hi everyone,

Looking for some help on getting some silk stockings.

My SO suggested I get some and who am I to argue.

Anyone know of where I can get reasonabley priced silk or darn close to it stockings or hose on-line.

Do most of my on-line shopping at Vitorias and Fredericks. We go shopping at Penny's, Sears and other department stores.

Any suggestions will be appriciated.

Kelly

If you're looking for silk specifically, you won't find them cheaply. While silk feels amazing on, it's fragile and the synthetics can come amazingly close to the feel. I'd recommend going with a nice synthetic weave in a low denier of say 15 (much lower will be much more prone to runs).

I buy my hosiery from stockingirl.com. The prices may startle you at first, but hang in there, nearly everything they have goes on sale eventually, then it's time to pounce.

And, they're very good at answering sizing questions you may have.

Shannon CD
11-05-2006, 06:18 PM
This site specializes in full fashion stockings, they may have something there that you like.

http://www.secretsinlace.com/

lahr
11-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Hello Kelly. Yup. Secrets in Lace and Stocking Headquarters offer some very sexy items but dam gurl these are gonna cost you. We loaded up on nylons during our vacation in Montreal and my wife and I purchased many many pairs from a mail order buiseness in Rochester NY. They offered everything in hoisery. Fully fashioned, Cuban heel, Rhts, Seamed, Seamless and everything in between. Out of buisness now but he had over $30.000 in inventory when he sold out so I know theyre still out there. Good luck and I hope that you find what youre looking for.

vbcdgrl
11-06-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm not sure about "real" silk. But try these for "full fashion" nylons

vickisnylons.com (not me)

secretsinlace.com

Vikki

kellylynn_31
11-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Thanks all.

I had been to those sites before but had not book marked them and could not find them again.

Bookmarked now

Kelly

Kristi1948
11-06-2006, 08:33 PM
I have bought really nice stockings at... mytights.com