PDA

View Full Version : Dressing in public

crispy
01-08-2005, 11:48 PM
how many actually go out dressed en femme?

lisa_sf
01-08-2005, 11:50 PM
Done it, but only twice. Fun, but SO SCARY!!! Constantly was watching for people I knew and was SURE that everyone was singling me out! Did I say fun? :)

Tamara Croft
01-08-2005, 11:52 PM
I've been out with Tammy at night when shes dressed enfemme.... never in the day :( It's kinda scary too as you just don't know who is out and about.

Tamara x

windycissy
01-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Great poll. It's one thing to talk the talk, but how many of us walk the walk? It took me years to develop the techniques - and build up the self-confidence - to venture into the world en femme, now I live for it! Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

Bonnie-OR
01-09-2005, 01:00 AM
As I've posted before, where I live I'd be lynched in a heartbeat. Nothing but pissed off unemployed loggers and fishermen around here, all very redneck. Someday hope to make contact with others in a nearby area that is more accepting, and find some safe places to go. Huggs, Bonnie

samanthajay
01-09-2005, 01:16 AM
i have and latlly i have told a few friends here and there and alot more people know so latly i havn't cared if so one knew just as long as my family dosn't know

DonnaD
01-09-2005, 01:29 AM
So far its only been pantyhose and underwear under my guy clothes.

/sigh....

DonnaD

orchard
01-09-2005, 01:42 AM
cause it certainly is irritating when I need some small thing, like ginger for a soup or a pack of cigarettes, and have to change into boy clothes.

miss_x_elvira
01-09-2005, 01:46 AM
lately there have been a few times i've gone out, not completely enfemme, but in chick hipster jeans, my platform boots and tops (and corset occasionally), with usually a jacket on so as not to be too obvious. It's scary at first, but then it becomes a great thrill when you see people checking you out with confused looks on their faces, it's quite funny. One thing i do nearly all the time now when i go out is wear chicks hipster jeans, sutble but fun and seems to give me more confidence

wilma
01-09-2005, 02:26 AM
spent the day at the golf corse with nylons and panties under my blue jeans. felt good. I have been wandering out of the house fully dressed. will go get a newspaper tomorrow dressed. Very exciting feeling to venture outside. LOL Wilma

Merinda
01-09-2005, 03:48 AM
I have been out 4 times , being small framed and short is a good advantage.
With the right natural looking make-up I can still walk the street in a school uniform . ( I can E-mail some photos to anyone sceptical).
I have also gone out in casual skirts.

My daughter has taken many photos for me on our outings , I enjoy the thrill of walking through a busy shopping centre .

I get most nervous at the point of exiting and entering my residence rather than when I'm out ( dont want the neighbours to see me).

I hope to go out next sunday

crispy
01-09-2005, 03:59 AM
cause it certainly is irritating when I need some small thing, like ginger for a soup .......
fascinating. how often does that need arise? :rolleyes:

I think you're just finding excuses to go out .... ;) .... so how do you dress on such irritating occasions?

maidtina
01-09-2005, 04:11 AM
how many actually go out dressed en femme?

First time this New Year but already planning the next trip :-)

Maybe a little more daring this time. Spend a little more time on the street before hand, perhaps have a meal, rather that just rushing straight to the CD friendly club.

Tristen Cox
01-09-2005, 06:22 AM
Interesting poll. Sad to say I don't go out in public dressed except for panties(haven't worn the othe kind in months now). Hmm does driving en fem count since it's not really in public but inside the car :confused:

Oh then in that case HELL YES :D btw Crispy do you go out? Call me curious..

Love
Tristen

SatinSarah
01-09-2005, 06:24 AM
Good Poll Crispy. This is something we should talk about more. I would love to go out, but need to learn how to do this. I need to pluck up courage, and need somewhere to go. When I have dressed at home I feel ready to hit the town - but am scared and have nowhere to go. As a student I went out twice for 10 minutes around the block in the dark. The feel of fresh air through your tights in a skirt is great - but that was 20 years ago with no responisbilities.....just give me the courage girls.

Sarah

Donna Louise
01-09-2005, 06:33 AM
Crispy, very good poll

Underwear is a given for me. I only wear guy stuff when I have to strip down - like at a docs office or something stupid.

I do wear a lot of androgous (can't spell it) things. I think I only have 1 pair of guy jeans. The other 10 are all girls. I love the low rise with flair legs. With quite a few fem tops that are the same could go either way.

I wish I could go out in fem all the time but neighbors and wife. Well wife has stated in no uncertain terms that I am not to leave the house. Although I do sneak out every once in a while but I never go in anywhere. I'm too scared of being made. It is very hard do it alone too. I think that that is the worst part.

Donna Louise

crispy
01-09-2005, 06:39 AM
Interesting poll. Sad to say I don't go out in public dressed except for panties(haven't worn the othe kind in months now). Hmm does driving en fem count since it's not really in public but inside the car :confused:

Oh then in that case HELL YES :D btw Crispy do you go out? Call me curious..

Love
Tristen
I'm an addicted lycra under-dresser. Panties, tights, girdles, slips, bodysuits, swimsuits, leotards, nighties, bras. Generally that's all. And it's enough.

I have often worn a nighty or a dress under my boy clothes on a long car journey, and stopped in a quiet place to strip off the outer things.

Once I arrived at a rented house very late at night and walked from the car parked in the road to the front door dressed only in a long floaty nighty.

Luckily I have never been stuck in a jam or at the lights next to bus or a truck, so if anybody noticed it was only a fleeting glimpse. But that needs a bit of journey planning.

So you see, crispy shark has nothing (and everything) to hide. ;)

Tristen Cox
01-09-2005, 07:04 AM
Alright since we are sharing. There was one occasion where I took my things to the park with me(wore some underneath) and changed whilst strolling down the nature trail when no one was coming my way. There was a large clearing along a river at the back of the park. I spent the better part of an hour strutting around in my red high heels and white two piece outfit (w/frills of course). The skirt was super short. but at the time I had my 'own' long hair and passed pretty good I must say. I was so nervous and heart pounding but I loved the thrill of being out in the open, lying in the grass all femmed out with the sun shinning down upon me. I was in full view of the hotel across the water but I didn't care I was more worried about some visitor finding me there. It was truely the only time I have ever been out in daylight as Tristen, and it was awesome. Looking back now I wonder if I wanted to be caught :p Hmm maybe so, but I redressed and got back to my car which was parked near the end of the trail. See T is adventurous you just don't know it yet. hehehe :D

Love
Tristen

Jeanette H
01-09-2005, 07:50 AM
Never been out dressed, but if I was going to I'd want to be fully en femme. Wearing female stuff under a male exterior doesn't work for me, I just find it distracting.

Rebecca Jeanne
01-09-2005, 07:52 AM
I began shopping in drab letting sales staff know that I was shopping for myself moving on to wearing preppy drab. Khakis, loafers, motif trouser socks, button down shirt, cable knit sweater. All items mostly with a Talbots label.

I have progressed over the years to being able to shop totally enfemme in downtown San Francisco or Palo Alto. Talbots is my favorite store to shop at being treated like royalty. Seems like I never get more than a brief look from people on the street.

Julie York
01-09-2005, 08:08 AM
I once saw two t-girls in Whitby (little seaside town) and one was sort of passable and the other was definitely not, but they were having such a great time, laughing and smiling at everyone that everyone just smiled back even though it was obvious they were guys in dresses. It was midday, right in the middle of the holiday season and they were having a ball. Wonder who they were?

DonnaT
01-09-2005, 08:59 AM
Went out to a party in Dec., with me but it's usually just the underdressing, not that I wouldn't do it more often if my wife would let me.

Sharon
01-09-2005, 10:22 AM
I always wear the undergarments, no matter where I go or who I'm with. But my only voyages out dressed are in the car, for long drives through the countryside, avoiding all eye contact with other drivers. I can't pass, and probably never will, and I hate to be singled out and made subject to ridicule or derision. I wish I was as confidant and "world-be-damned" as some of you other girls, but that's just not going to happen.

Maddie Knight
01-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Been out many times dressed, a bit scary first but you get used to it. I never got any hassle from anybody and I think I always passed. If you are in any doubt about passing as a female just look at the mix of people out on the street, there are a lot of strange looking people. My advice is go for it, as long as you act responcibly there shouldn't be a problem. :)

Melissa A.
01-09-2005, 11:01 AM
This is great topic to talk about.

Yes, I do go out, usually late at night, for walks. I avoid busy areas and usually stick to quiet rsidential areas. Or streets with lots of automobile traffic but little pedestrians. Also go for drives durring day sometimes, but that is less common.

I too, am most nervous exiting my place or coming haome because of neighbors.

The feeling I get when out in public can only be described as terrifying and exhilirating! I love being seen and percieved as a woman by people. Just dont want them to get too close or talk to me!

Going out is just too much fun. Next, I want to go to tg friendly club and just hang out and have fun.

Girls, please be careful and safe when you do go out. Lots of morons out there.

hugs,

Melissa :)

Sweet Susan
01-09-2005, 12:23 PM
I can remember when I could quote the exact number of times. Anymore, I've lost count. For me, going out dressed en femme is about as exciting of a thing to do as there is. I love to drive in my car wearing a dress, nylons, RED lipstick and sunglasses. I LOVE IT. I usually reach a point where I am on air, if you know what I mean. I've been out dressed at least 100 times.

windycissy
01-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Yes, I do go out, usually late at night, for walks. I avoid busy areas and usually stick to quiet residential areas.

You are really playing with fire, girl! Although your chances of getting "read" are higher the more people see you, that risk is nothing compared to getting mugged in the dark at night. I sometimes walk my dog at night, it is fun when her leash wraps around my legs, but other than that I stick to crowded places in daylight or early evening, when a single woman is much safer. That's the key to passing: start thinking of yourself as a woman, and act accordingly! Windy

AnnaMaria
01-09-2005, 02:21 PM
I have started to buy clothes that are more androgoness in style. I have jeans and tops both that could be either and I never wear anything but lingerie. I don't even have any male underthings except socks anymore. I have never found those things to be a distraction to me, they just feel natural and comforting. Knowing that I am at least partially dressed is better than not at all.

huggs
anna

Wendy me
01-09-2005, 02:59 PM
i have been out to run errons and things dressed.......always a rush.......carefuly planned trips for shure..........liveing in a veary small town...well thay can get talky
away from town you tend to losen up a tad.......still well planned..........driveing is still the rush of it all .....the blue lights come on in back of you your heart pounding oh shi_........
the cops drive by ........rush

Cristen
01-09-2005, 03:23 PM
I have been out dressed a couple of times, but never got out of car. I wear panties and pantyhose daily and occassionally a bra, also I wear womans sandals most of the time and often wear 2'' heels. Since I wear panties all the time, I am becoming less concious of what I have on and the other night
on my way home I stopped to get ice cream and stood and talked to 3 woman for quite awhile before I realized I had on Jeans, pantyhose and heels, with a bra under my sweatshirt. Either they didn't notice or didn't care, but I have more confidence and comfort, for some reason, than I ever had.

Megan_Renee
01-09-2005, 04:27 PM
I always wear the undergarments, no matter where I go or who I'm with. But my only voyages out dressed are in the car, for long drives through the countryside, avoiding all eye contact with other drivers. I can't pass, and probably never will, and I hate to be singled out and made subject to ridicule or derision. I wish I was as confidant and "world-be-damned" as some of you other girls, but that's just not going to happen.

Based on your avatar(s) I think you could pass... I've seen women with your shape and style at any rate...

Megan
--,--`--@

Megan_Renee
01-09-2005, 04:28 PM
I just came back from the store. I was dressed androgynously... I confused the cashier.

Megan
--,--`--@

Steffie-Lee
01-09-2005, 04:30 PM
I go out dressed every chance I get. Been doing it for years, even travel by car dressed, (check out my Florida Photo). I have never had a problem with it. The most exciting experience is to be looked at in the street and be admired by men, who are sometimes with their wifes & children. So go ahead girl, go out, and if you are are in the area PM me & we'll meet & go out together. :)

silkenhose
01-09-2005, 04:37 PM
for me it is wearing panties or a thong bodysuit with pantyhose under my clothes that is a rush, feels so naughty and exciting. i get to do it alot when i go out with my SO, she likes to tease, especially when shopping for more pantyhose. :o

only time i dress outside of the house is in two stores i shop in, one is for shoes, the owners of the shoe store let me book appointments to come in a try on shoes, they are really cool about it. actually talked me into wearing the outfits i was buying the shoes for. nothing like having on maids outfit and parading around for them as they comment. the other is a clothing store where the owner is really cd freindly, she loves to pick out things to have me try on, works for me and i end up spending a bundle so works for her. :D

Katiegirl
01-09-2005, 05:06 PM
I have started going out to TG groub meetings and travel there fully dressed - this forum gave me the courage to do it. Will be going out again this week

I often go out in androgynous cloths at weekends and evenings now and no one has noticed as far as I aware.

Often wear tights and pantees to work as well - I just like being dressed as much as possible nowerdays.

:)

Mind of a Woman, Body of a Man, Life is a Bitch

Tomita
01-09-2005, 05:10 PM
My evolution into crossdressing was a product of an "sensational" alternate lifesyle Mistress. Initially I would dress at her place, especially in the early stages where her opinion and mentoring was essintial. But as time wore on she demanded that I be fully enfemme' when I came to her house. The first time I was anxious at being discovered by neighbors and along the way. But everything went well and continued this scenario until I moved to California.
Tomita

black leotards
01-09-2005, 05:26 PM
I've only done it a couple of times, but it was exciting. Would like to do so again sometime. :)

eleventhdr
01-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Yes I certainly have and i do want to oh so much again. Suzy!.

Rachel_740
01-09-2005, 07:45 PM
Hi Girls,

I've chosen the 'I never go out dressed as a man' option. Not quite true yet, but in 2 days time thats it - all male clothing gone, name changed and it's Rachel all the way from there.

Soooooooooooooooo excited.

Rachel

Fallen Angel
01-09-2005, 08:26 PM
at least once a week,mostly to local clubs in the area that are accepting to us ladies and i also when asked do it at work for promotionals and thats a couple a times a year i guess the moore you do it the easyer it gets

Ashleigh
01-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Like Bonnie-OR, my area is totally unaccepting of this type of lifestyle. Although I wouldn't suffer the same fate from the people here that I would with "pissed off unemployed loggers", the results would be devastating. VERY conservative area with unwaivering line of thinking. So..........
for 18-24 hours a day I wear thigh highs under the drabs. I don't know how far I can stretch the definition of "going out", but I have recently gone out quite a few times with the thigh highs, bra, necklace, perfume, and 3+ inch heels, but only in the car do I wear the heels. When I go into a store, I wear my military oxfords and keep my winter coat on for obvious reasons.

Does this count???

Melissa A.
01-09-2005, 08:45 PM
You are really playing with fire, girl! Although your chances of getting "read" are higher the more people see you, that risk is nothing compared to getting mugged in the dark at night. I sometimes walk my dog at night, it is fun when her leash wraps around my legs, but other than that I stick to crowded places in daylight or early evening, when a single woman is much safer. That's the key to passing: start thinking of yourself as a woman, and act accordingly! Windy

Thank you for the advice, Windy, You are probably right. The building of my feminine confidence is coming along and sometimes is higher than at others.
I will start heeding what you are saying, Promise. Safety first.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Vallari
01-10-2005, 01:02 AM
Currently I only get to dress in public for special occasions, but if my living situation were different, I'd definitely be out and about a lot more. But one step at a time I guess. :)

Nikki A.
01-10-2005, 01:07 AM
If Halloween counts, I have been out dressed fully. Been to parties, trick or treated with the kids even went to the school party dressed(even got into the yearbook), even went to eat afterwards and stopped in the supermarket. Didn't really hide who I was although a woman who didn't know me wasn't sure until I started to talk to her daughter how her night went. Seem to wear drabs to work although some of the slacks and shoes are actually fem and I usually am wearing panties and hose underneath.
In other words I could answer 3 times but I chose androgenous.

miss_x_elvira
01-10-2005, 01:19 AM
I can't pass, and probably never will, and I hate to be singled out and made subject to ridicule or derision. I wish I was as confidant and "world-be-damned" as some of you other girls, but that's just not going to happen.
Sharon, i know what it's like not wanting to go out cause your not passable. I'm not passable and probaly will never be cause of neither side being dom, so i just get around androgynous as often as possible wearing jeans and tops, and high heel boots occasionally, it's loads of fun

Rikki
01-10-2005, 03:45 AM
I use to drive while wearing a dress, makeup and wig. Sometimes I would find a nice quiet place and walk around while having a smoke. Most a the time it would be at night, but on a few occasions I would drive the freeways dressed in fem. Now that I live in a small town that would lynch me, I keep it in the house.

Rikki

crispy
01-10-2005, 04:21 AM
Sharon, i know what it's like not wanting to go out cause your not passable. I'm not passable and probaly will never be cause of neither side being dom, so i just get around androgynous as often as possible wearing jeans and tops, and high heel boots occasionally, it's loads of fun

I guess what you're saying is that appearances aren't everything. It's the way you feel inside. If you can think you are dressed as a woman and can privately bask in that experience, then that's all that really matters. :)

nicki
01-10-2005, 05:25 AM
I got out dressed as often as i can. When im all " dolled up " or just out and about in nice litle top and low waisted jeans ; loving the attention. Seeing women and girls wishing they could wear things that i have on and could get into that size. My only problem is trying to figure out what to wear. I guess its my femm side taking over

Tonia
01-10-2005, 05:46 AM
I can remember when I could quote the exact number of times. Anymore, I've lost count. For me, going out dressed en femme is about as exciting of a thing to do as there is. I love to drive in my car wearing a dress, nylons, RED lipstick and sunglasses. I LOVE IT. I usually reach a point where I am on air, if you know what I mean. I've been out dressed at least 100 times.
OMG,Susan,I love to drive the wind and the sun Feels great your leggs shimmer in the sunlight it's a Great Feeling.
Tonia:)

LindaTS
01-10-2005, 08:19 AM
I go out quite often during the day to go shopping. Strange as it may seem, my wife has no idea that I actually go out and she would never go with me, she's too worried about her reputation if I'm read. I've been read a couple of times but nothing bad came of it. Both times have been with a female involved and they just smiled. I did the same thing and went on about my business. AS a matter of fact, if the weather is decent tomorrow I'm going out then. Good luck to all of you who are looking forward to your first time. It's so incredible.

Sharon
01-10-2005, 09:17 AM

It's probably my biggest character flaw, in both personas, that I hate to be the center of attention. I don't mind going out shopping any longer, but I only do it dressed as a male. I couldn't care less what strangers think of me, but I would die if the neighbors ever caught me.

miss_x_elvira
01-11-2005, 01:38 AM
exactly, couldn't have said it better myself, well i didn't, just do what feels right for yourself...

...and Sharon my male side hates attention, but i have found my female side loves it. I'm more confident when i have something on, even if no one can tell

I guess what you're saying is that appearances aren't everything. It's the way you feel inside. If you can think you are dressed as a woman and can privately bask in that experience, then that's all that really matters. :)