PDA

View Full Version : Attempted going out

Shannon CD
11-05-2006, 10:06 PM
I just got back from almost 4 hours in my car dressed. I was hoping to stop by a TG store an hour away from my house, but when I got there they were closed. I then decided to see if I could find a place in Hollywood to go to, but was surprised at how many people were out on a Sunday evening.

Bottom line is all I did was drive around for 4 hours. I feel a bit disappointed in myself for not having the guts to just get out of the car and go into a couple of shops. But I gues the good news is that I have been dressed for the last 4 hours (5 if you count getting ready) and was not stuck in my house. (just my car :heehee: )

Penny
11-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Ithink you did just fine; keep working at it and eventually you will get out of the car and experience more. Don't give up.
:hugs:
Penny

Melissa Ryan
11-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Theres nothing wrong with what you got up to! Its great! No one just gets up and goes out first time out and falls straight into it! Ya have to let yourself get used to what your doin. I am happy for you that you have had a chance to go do what you have! Congrats! :happy:

wende
11-06-2006, 06:27 AM
Hey, ease up on yourself. You did way more than I have been able to do.
I barely tried to visit the backyard once at night, and was so cautiously watching for the neighbhors, I got my heel stuck inbetween two stepping stones then attempting to unbuckle the straps, lost my balance over the hillside rolling end over end forever till a fence broke my fall. I spent the night sneaking back. I wish I had the courage you have.

oh, the heel was the only thing not ruined/// wende
(should have been wendy)

Carol A
11-06-2006, 07:18 AM
Hay Shannon,
Your doing great, I have gone out and tryed to go into Wal-Mart a couple of times but when I get to the enterence and see that womon waiting to greet me I turn tail and run. :mad:

Janailene
11-06-2006, 11:00 AM
Shannon,

You had to start some where. Next time maybe you will. One things for sure you will do it. I started going out as Janice when I was about 11 having worn girls clothes since I was 5. I used to take our dog out for walks.

Was very lucky as a friend of Mom's moved south and stored her daughters and her clothes in our attic. It was a built in wardrobe.

Melinda G
11-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Start small. You don't need to go in any stores. Just find a nice safe neighborhood. Park somewhere and go for a walk around the block, or two or three blocks. Get comfortable with it. When a car goes by, look away, or look up at the houses. Get used to being out, and dressed, and having cars and people pass by. I don't know why everyone feels they need to go in some store right away. Start small.

Shannon CD
11-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Thank you all for your encouragement. I may have given the wrong impression here, however. I have been out in public on several occasions, mostly to either drag shows or bars in Hollywood that I feel safe in. Usually I am with friends, GG's, but I have been able to do it on my own. I simply could not find parking close to the place I wanted to visit last night and was highlt intimidated by the sheer number of people out on a Sunday.

No guts, no glory, I guess.:happy:

kimmiegal
11-06-2006, 02:17 PM
Next time try driving to Vegas for a visit. We are only 4-5 hrs away. :)

missfine
11-06-2006, 02:23 PM
What TG store are you refering to? Also what Hollywood bars do you find fun and friedly?

Shannon CD
11-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Next time try driving to Vegas for a visit. We are only 4-5 hrs away. :)

Actually, you are only about 3 1/2 hours from where I'm at. I have been thinking about taking a Vegas weekend and spending it en femme, including going to see La Cage at the Riviera.

One day. :heehee:

JoAnnDallas
11-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Just going for a drive dressed is a BIG step. By I have admit, 4 hours in the car without a potty break, girl your doing great.

My first few outing was out driving around. Then I started stopping and getting gasoline for the SUV, then buying a newspaper, then the clincher......going thru a drive thru fast food place.

Glenda58
11-06-2006, 03:23 PM
Good going Shannon. I think we all started going out by taking a drive some where and coming back a few time till we got the nerve to get out of the car. My first time out of the car was to mail a letter at a mail box on a street. Then window shopping early Sunday morning when not to many people were out. You build up your confidence slowly.

So keep going for drives maybe stop and get gas or check your tires so your not to far from the car door and the safety inside it.

trannie T
11-06-2006, 06:18 PM
Just getting out of the house is a major accomplishment. Every time you go out things get easier. You are doing well, just keep it up.

Shannon CD
11-06-2006, 10:01 PM
What TG store are you refering to? Also what Hollywood bars do you find fun and friedly?

Countessa's Closet in Studio City. The bar I usually head to is the Palms on Santa Monica Blvd. It's a lesbian bar and they are very friendly. It's comfortable for me because there are no men trying to hit on me and I usually see at least 1 other CD.

megan163
11-07-2006, 02:07 AM
Been there, done that Shannon...All dressed with no place to go, that is. Countessa's though is a great refuge. She is very sweet and supporting.

noname
11-07-2006, 05:31 AM
I don't know how you dressed, but you might consider starting out wearing neutral female clothes. I think it won't be long till you find out easy ( or addictive ) it is.

Rita Knight
11-07-2006, 07:16 AM
Hi Shannon,
Have you ever considered joining a support group in your area such as Tri-Ess? The LA chapter of Tri-Ess can be found here: http://www.alphatriess.org/ Their website also lists other support groups in the area. You can get dressed at a Tri-Ess meeting.

Shannon CD
11-07-2006, 10:25 AM
Hi Shannon,
Have you ever considered joining a support group in your area such as Tri-Ess? The LA chapter of Tri-Ess can be found here: http://www.alphatriess.org/ Their website also lists other support groups in the area. You can get dressed at a Tri-Ess meeting.

Actually Rita, I am going to their meeting this Saturday night. I have been in touch by email for the last month or so. Should be fun.

MsJanessa
11-07-2006, 10:32 AM
Hon you live in So Cal there are plenty of bars+clubs there where TGs are welcomed---If I can go out dressed in Maine without causing a ruckus I'm sure you could do it there--good luck

kcwrkngmn
11-08-2006, 10:09 PM
You should be applauded... best I could do was dress at Halloween. Never have had the guts to do it when I would have to admit my interest.

Rita Knight
11-08-2006, 10:18 PM
I applaud Shannon's going to the Tri-Ess meeting Saturday. I am going to my chapter's meeting also on Saturday. I hope other CDs that read these posts summon the courage to go out to a safe place, be it a support group or CD event.