PDA

View Full Version : pushing back the gender lines

Rachael Turner
11-06-2006, 07:15 AM
Yesterday went shopping in drab and had no problems whatsoever.All staff was veyr nice. Picked up a new pair of shoes @ macy's and the sales girl was so out of the way nice. Wore the loafers all day, nice to hear the clip clop and got no mean looks or chuckles from anyone. Two GG's actually complimented me on the choice of footwear and were sincere.

Went out completely in drab except for the shoes and my favorite pair of (size 6A) boyfriend jeans from the gap.

http://slimages.macys.com/is/image/MCY/products/7/optimized/247287_fpx.tif?bgc=255,255,255&wid=273&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

Did some more shopping went to Borders, and then went back home. So nice of a feeling just to push back the lines a bit. I'm definitely doing this again.

Phyliss
11-06-2006, 07:40 AM
You have discovered one of the best secrets yet.

To go out shopping while having "pushed back the line" is fun.

I'll wear my loafers from Payless, jeans from Fashion Bug, under things , (of course) a bit of light makeup, with a simple flannel shirt, and I'm "good to go". I buy what I want where I want and haven't had a single problem yet.

Kandi
11-06-2006, 08:17 AM
I thouroughly enjoy wearing my forms and padded panties shopping under my male cloths. That way when I try on outfits I can really see what it will fit like. I have recently not started to care about trying on womans clothes wether it be at goodwill, kohls,dressbarn,kmart, or burlington.

Rachael Turner
11-06-2006, 04:21 PM
You have discovered one of the best secrets yet.

To go out shopping while having "pushed back the line" is fun.

I'll wear my loafers from Payless, jeans from Fashion Bug, under things , (of course) a bit of light makeup, with a simple flannel shirt, and I'm "good to go". I buy what I want where I want and haven't had a single problem yet.

It was exhilarating to wear the shoes out in public in drab. I felt lberated so to speak. Ive been out enfemme as well but to war the shoes in guy mode was a whole new experience. I have to do this more often now.

myMichelle
11-06-2006, 04:31 PM
I know precisely what you're talking about. I wear women's shoes en drab with my jeans quite often. One of my favorite looks is to wear a pair of pumps with my jeans. I do this a lot, actually--and I get very little negative feedback. Not quite sure why, but it's been my experience that--even if they find it a bit odd--people are usually willing to accept a guy wearing a pair of Ladies shoes...but boy, look out if you add a skirt or dress to the mix, LOL!

I hope you have great fun wearing your new loafers...and BTW, they are nice. The GG's are right about that. Way to go.

Rachael Turner
11-06-2006, 04:37 PM
I know precisely what you're talking about. I wear women's shoes en drab with my jeans quite often. One of my favorite looks is to wear a pair of pumps with my jeans. I do this a lot, actually--and I get very little negative feedback. Not quite sure why, but it's been my experience that--even if they find it a bit odd--people are usually willing to accept a guy wearing a pair of Ladies shoes...but boy, look out if you add a skirt or dress to the mix, LOL!

I hope you have great fun wearing your new loafers...and BTW, they are nice. The GG's are right about that. Way to go.

Thanks Michelle, they are cute arent they???

How much would I love it if the world would have a gender neutral shoe tolerance. I have a really cute pair of Chinese Laundry 4" heels, but I'm not brave enough to wear those. I'll stick with the 2" heel loafers. One little step at a time. Thanks for the support.

hotbobbie
11-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Yes the times are changing as just a couple years ago i would not be wearing high heald boots to work.

x_girl
11-06-2006, 09:05 PM
Rachel, don't you just love Chinese Laundry? Their shoes are so comfy that you can walk in 4" heels all day.

Rachael Turner
11-07-2006, 07:11 AM
Rachel, don't you just love Chinese Laundry? Their shoes are so comfy that you can walk in 4" heels all day.

Chinese Laundry and Nine West are my absolute favorites. I dont mind spending a lot of money on good shoes. You can so tell the difference between really good shoes and the cheap ones. I went out last night to a t-girl outing and had to walk a block and a half in the chinese laundry pumps. My feet felt great.

Karren H
11-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Or ignoring the lines all together!! I find it's a blast and no one really cares what you buy any more! No excuses necessary!! "Yeah It's for me!!"

Love Karren

Geneva Lake
11-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Luv pushing the lines in drab ... en fab, actually ... hit Nine West this morning and came away with great stuff. I always wear "women's" shoes in drab. Even high-heeled boots. Hardly any looks at all.
Just be yourself, be confident. That's what matters!
Gen:D

Geneva Lake
11-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Pumps with jeans rock!
Any reaction to the look?
Gen:D Just curious...

nicolecdgal
11-07-2006, 01:23 PM
I suppose if I could get away with it more I would...but the only enfemme I do in guy mode is wear pantyhose and occasionally paint my toe nails...ofcourse those are covered up.

Rachael Turner
11-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Hiee all :)

As someone who only knows when they've pushed the gender line too far by looking behind me, I pretty much always mix it up clothes-wise when out. I'mma huge fan of low rise hip huggers, and wear'em pretty much everywhere. I love to pair them up with a cute cropped baby tee and cute gilrs tennies- Skechers are my current fave.. I'll tone the look down justa bit by throwing either a long, oversize sweatshirt (also fairly fem, something like Aeropostale), or a longer tailed shirt-top that I leave un buttoned. The look is fem, but also "andy" enough that I sorta blend in...

And so it goes...

Ash :)

I have my outfit all picked out for the flights. Gap jeans, white microfiber tights, black 2" heel loafers, black mock turtleneck and a white dress shirt over the black turtleneck. Should look cute. In a cute guy kinda way. Should be more of a gender neutral look. What do you girls think?

myMichelle
11-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Pumps with jeans rock!
Any reaction to the look?
Gen:D Just curious...

Reactions vary from slight surprise to total shock, depending on the heel height. But generally, it's been my experience that I can easily wear something with a two inch heel. Now, I'm mot talking about stiletto heels here. just a sensible, thick, chunky heel. It just seems like, as I already said, most people are willing to accept a guy in a pair of low heeled pumps, sandals or loafers, etc. even if they think it's the strangest thing they've seen all day. On a really good day, a GG will even tell you that she likes your shoes!

Rachael Turner
11-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Sounds totally cute - I say go for it!

Not too much though is it? I figure the jeans are gender neutral, the tights/shoes obv. female but they are still loafers, so closer to the centerline aside from the heel. The mock turtleneck obv, female but the mans dress shirt is obviously male. That oughta really mess with peoples minds but should look stylish without being over the top. Opinions?

Charleen
11-07-2006, 04:36 PM
I wear boots I got at Payless alot. Even at work. I love bending the genders. Wear my femme jeans, either the boots or sneaks, filigree hoop earrings and mascara when in drab. To confuse 'em more, I started growing my beard back for the winter. I figure if I can't have some fun at my age, then when? Love and xxxx, Lily