PDA

View Full Version : Question about Heel Height

Christine Davis
11-06-2006, 08:06 AM
Hello,

I love wearing high heels everytime I dress, or sometimes I just wear them around the house while the rest of me is drab. Most of my heels are in the 3" - 4" range (some more comfortable than others). My question is... I'm 5'9" barefoot. With 3-inch heels I woul be 6'1". How odd does it look wearing 3-inch heels with my height?

Christine

carolinebrookes
11-06-2006, 08:16 AM
Hi Christine,
I wear heels about the same height as you, and would say that it is not so uncommon these days for girls to have height. At a gig on Saturday night, I found that a good portion of girls were taller than me in their heels. I'm 5"10 by the way and still have to look up at some gg's. I'm glad to see that higher heels seem to be in fashion this season!

Rachael Turner
11-06-2006, 08:33 AM
Hello,

I love wearing high heels everytime I dress, or sometimes I just wear them around the house while the rest of me is drab. Most of my heels are in the 3" - 4" range (some more comfortable than others). My question is... I'm 5'9" barefoot. With 3-inch heels I woul be 6'1". How odd does it look wearing 3-inch heels with my height?

Christine

You'll be fine at 3-4". I'm 5'7" and wear 2" for everyday stuff and 4" for nights out.

renee k
11-06-2006, 08:38 AM
Hi Christine,

I'm 5'9" as well and when I'm out, wearing a skirt suit, or a dress. I usually wear 3" or 4" heels. Even wearing jeans or pants I have 3" heels on. And I don't tower over other girls. There's lots of girls out there that are our height,
and wear heels.

Huggs, Renee

Kate Simmons
11-06-2006, 09:03 AM
It's not the height so much as it is what you are doing in them, Hon. Doing housework in heels of any heighth is not for the "faint of heart", June Cleaver notwithstanding. Personally, I don't wear heels unless the occassion calls for it and then I think twice about what I'm going to be doing and where I will be going. Very rarely do I dance in 'em but have done it. You have to have experience doing that, otherwise it's very easy to take a "nosedive". Depends on how feminine you need to look and feel.:happy: Ericka/Rich

Dragster
11-06-2006, 09:06 AM
There aren't many 6 foot Amazons of my age (62), but I have noticed that a lot of younger girls are quite tall these days (around and over 6ft), and they still wear their stilettoes to the office or for a night out. Personally, I like tall girls, and they have legs that go on for ever!!!

Christine, it's down to geometry, but 3" heels will only add about 2.5" to your height, and the effect gets less as heel height rises. You're pretty much on tip-toes with 5" heels, so a step up to 6" (if you can still walk in them) will make little difference to your height, but vastly increases the "Wow" and fetish factor. Of course, you do get the full effect of any platform sole thickness.

We had a thread devoted to this a few months back, but I can't find it now. Sorry.

Tony

ophillia
11-06-2006, 09:26 AM
I find that up to 4 inch heels in a regular pump are ook, but when I go to a slingback or a mule about 2 1/2 inches is the limit.

satinsam
11-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Hi there, I am six ft tall without heels, love 4 inch heels, never think of how tall this makes me - just rely on others I am with to advise if doesn't suit/look ok - am sissy satin maid at times so have to be high heels - lowest are two inch - have been told to try five to six inch - wow - so think it all depends on you - how you feel in them and others you are with - tall girls do exist, curtsey xxx

J-Girl
11-06-2006, 10:05 AM
If you like them and they feel good, I say have fun!

Jen

Stephenie S
11-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Heels are fun, but as was mentioned above, you need to think about about where you are and what you are doing. Unless you work in a posh office, heels are rarely worn during the day. Going clubbing? Wear what ever you want. Or whatever you can. Unless your entire desire is to call attention to yourself (ie. you are 16 years old or want to act 16) heels are not worn to the mall, supermarket, or postoffice.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Victoria Anne
11-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Christine; I am 5'9" as well and I see nothing wrong in a 3-4" heel, it is the height I prefer and in the end its what you like dear not what anyone else thinks. Have fun!

Jodi
11-06-2006, 10:54 AM
I am 5'9" and wear 3" and 4" heels when I go out. I wear heels to the mall with no problem. When at the mall, I wear nice pants or jeans and find that I don't stand out when wearing heels. Just walk tall with your head up, your shoulders back and enjoy.

Jodi

J-Girl
11-06-2006, 12:54 PM
After my last post I started thinking about the heels I have and figured I could always use a new pair. I just got a really cute red skirt and can use some red heels to go with it. I always tend to wear black, but why not live a little on the wild side and get something else. I checked out the Payless website and they are having a 30% off sale on the hottest pumps with 3 ½” stacked heels, and they come in red! I am out of town right now but as soon as I get home I am making a bee-line to Payless and getting a pair. I’ll probably stop on my way from the airport because I can’t wait;)

The only thing better than a nice pair of new heels, is a nice pair of new heels on sale.

Hugs,
Jen

MsJanessa
11-06-2006, 04:28 PM
darling---wear whatever height you like----the taller you are the more commanding(and seducing) your presence will be. after all the men will go weak in their knees in your presence and will be looking up at you from a kneeling position.

JulieMichelle
11-06-2006, 05:07 PM
Heels are fun, but as was mentioned above, you need to think about about where you are and what you are doing... heels are not worn to the mall, supermarket, or postoffice.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Where I live, I see a large percentage of the female population wearing heels out and about - ESPECIALLY to the mall. Granted, most of the ones wearing heels are under 40, but they're out there. It more depends on the TYPE of heels.

:)
Julie

JoAnnDallas
11-06-2006, 05:16 PM
I usually wear 2" heels, but I do have a pair of 3.5" slingbacks that look great with my LBD. I am 5' 9" and don't look bad in them at all. When my wife used to wear heels, she wore 3 - 3.5" heels and she too is 5' 9".

marisa
11-06-2006, 05:34 PM
My shoes range from 1.5" to 6" and my boots are always around the 4" mark. I am 5'7 and half. Is it a good thing when walking around that I almost feel like I'm walking flat footed? I wear a size 10 so when I find a pair of shoes or boots that fit good I will grab and run. I agree, wear what you like and feel comfortable in Christine. take care, Marisa

hotbobbie
11-06-2006, 05:56 PM
Up here in the Northwest we have alot of Nordic stock so the gals are pretty tall and 6 feet is not that out of place. Also men and women are taller than say 10 15 years ago.

Sam-antha
11-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Yuo are OK with that height of heel, depending on how you are dressed, where you are and how you handle those heels.
All rather difficult things to get just right
Just do it when you are sure you can handle them, the rest folows
~Samm

Christine Davis
11-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Thanks all for your replies. I'm starting to go out more and more, but I wasn't sure about the heel height. I'm wearking 3" loafers with boot-cut jeans and a nice top. I see GG's wearing similar outfits. I even walked up next to a GG at Wal-Mart. I pretended to be checking out the B-Day cards with her, but instead I was checking her out. (her height that is). We were about the same height. She had heels on and I was en drab. That was what got me thinking.

But after reading your replies, I think that I will be OK. Thanks to you all. Victoria Ann... thanks for your reply... "in the end its what you like dear not what anyone else thinks"

joanlynn28
11-06-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm just your average 5'9" t-girl and for me its about a 1-1/2 to 2 inch heels during the day, but evening and for special occasions I favor anything up to 3-1/2 inch heels. I could wear taller heels but anything more than 3-1/2 inches hurt my knees. Old skiing injury is to blame for that.:heehee:

kcwrkngmn
11-08-2006, 10:13 PM
I've found that the heel height is more about how comfortable I feel or how easy I can navigate in them. Being too tall is not a concern as it's more important to how I feel.

Gina42
11-08-2006, 10:28 PM
I'm 6'2" and regularly wear 5" heels, god only knows how tall they make me

Stiletto Lover
11-08-2006, 11:28 PM
I'm 5'10" and I wear anywhere from 4" to 6" heels. I love them!

Blonde
11-09-2006, 02:56 AM
Hello,

Christine

I am 5'11" and wear 4" heels.... ok ok so I look like an amazon, but I do like my high heels. :D

AnnaMaria
11-09-2006, 04:26 AM
Christine,

How odd would it look for a girl that is 6' to be wearing 4" heels dear? I have a pair of black slipon cork sole four in heals that I baught this past june to wear during the Be All and believe me when I say I was not the only tall girl there wearing heals that high.

It all depends on what you are comfortable with. I don't worry about what people around me think as long as the shoe is comfortable and I can walk in it. Just remember that the higher the heal the more your calfs will ache until you get use to walking in them.

Anna

Blonde
11-09-2006, 05:32 AM
Funney thing for me, and I think I mentioned it in another thread.... the high heels actally make my back feel better... I know some will tell you thier back aches after wearing high heels, but for me they actually help relieve my back pain. I don't know why.... but hey do, and that's all I know.

Dragster
11-09-2006, 08:27 PM
The tennis star Maria Sharapova is 6ft 2in tall, and she's not afraid of wearing towering heels! Mind you, she looks fantastic in everything I've seen her wear!

Tony

Brianne_bc
11-09-2006, 10:25 PM
My thoughts on heels? hehehehe

Adrienne Heels
11-09-2006, 10:26 PM
I wear 3" heels to the mall with no issues......it's all about what works with your outfit

~Bobbie~
11-15-2006, 11:35 AM
we'll just my quick .02cents. i'm 6'2 and all of my heels are 4" or higher. i was really surprised how well i can walk in my 6" stripper heels, and how comfortable they are. :devil:

Kimkandy
11-15-2006, 05:28 PM
I just got some riding boots low 1" heels much easier to walk in and if I wear jeans over them I can wear them in drab mode.

I do like high heels though... low heels less wobbly... :rolleyes:

Kim

JoAnnDallas
11-15-2006, 05:42 PM
There was a lady at the Holiday Enfem 2006, walking around in 6" heels. I asked her if she had any trouble walking in them and she said "NO", but it did take her quite a while to get used to them. I guess it take practice, as I am just now starting to get used to my 3.5" heels.