PDA

View Full Version : Out to Son

Samantha Lough
11-06-2006, 09:09 AM
Well I came out to my son he is 10 years and an amazing boy, A little on his thought process. About 4 years ago we were driving down a rural road where we have Bald Eagles and he looks over at me and says” Dad do you know where eagles come from” My first response was well yeah but I held my tongue because I wanted to see where he was going with this so I said” Nope, How bout you tell me” His reply was” Well dad eagles are the angels of the army men and women when they die in war” I was very amazed at this so I had him explain more so his explanation was this.

When an army man dies their soul flies up into a flag and the eagle flies out the other side and tells everyone they died bravely and honestly and Dad I want to join the Army so I can be an eagle, well to say the least I was very moved by this. Four years later I decide he was old enough to understand a so we talked about what I do and I explained it to him and he looked up at me and said” Wow you can have any clothes you want that is cool But I don’t have to wear a dress too do I?” not even Batting a eye I was amazed but again he is a amazing Kid!!!

Wish adults could be as open minded!!!!!

Samantha

BethCD
11-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Samantha, That is amazing. How lucky you are to have such an open-minded son. Then again it's obvious that you raised him right. Congratulations! :D

Beth

Nigella
11-06-2006, 11:04 AM
I always believe, and I know it has been said elsewhere, that if a child can be taught from the beginning about prejudice that child will grow up without any.

Prejudices are an adult trait and are taught to our children, get a young mind and it can be taught not to discriminate and to be open and honest.

But unfortunately it can work the other way and be taught the "wrong" things.

janet p
11-06-2006, 11:39 PM
i came out to my stepdaughter when she was 6 years old she asked her mom why i always covered up when she came into the bedroom we desided to tell her that i wore nightgowns and other female clothing and we told her that it was a serect not to tell any one else. to this day she is now 20 she won't tell anyone on less i OK it. she even helps me by things to help me be more femine.:love:

Billijo49504
11-07-2006, 12:41 AM
I loved his explaination about EAGLES. I came very close to being one, a lot of yrs ago...BJ

BREE GG
11-07-2006, 01:52 AM
wow that is an amzing kid :happy:

p.s.
I have to agree, I so wish Adults would just accept as easy as children.

Bree