PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

KayteeCD
11-06-2006, 11:30 AM
I was hoping for a little bit of help with the family, I am 18 years old and am currently studying and would like to be able to tell the family that I do CD, I know it will not go down to well but I really want to tell them but not sure on the correct words to us.

Could I ask for a little help?

Nikki Dee
11-06-2006, 11:43 AM
I was hoping for a little bit of help with the family, I am 18 years old and am currently studying and would like to be able to tell the family that I do CD, I know it will not go down to well but I really want to tell them but not sure on the correct words to us.

Could I ask for a little help?

You can ask love...BUT...be patient and think this through..are you prepared for the fall out.?....once told, it can't be untold. Only you really know your family love. Perhaps you just need to take a little more time to be absolutely sure it's what you want to do...you are still young...why do you feel you have to tell NOW.???..Wish you luck whatever you do.!
Love Nikki. x

KayteeCD
11-06-2006, 11:55 AM
I feel as if I am lying to them and I do not like being in male clothes I feel more comfortable dressed as a girl, I have to dress up in secrecy when I know I have a house to myself and I dont like it at all. Maybe I will pluck the courage one day. Thanks for the advice I hope others reply so I can see what the other girls think I should do.

xxxxx

melissaabom
11-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Telling all is very tough !!

The big word is Courage ..practice practice on telling ..that you are more
into girl clothing than boy clothing !!

Melissa

huggs

be well:2c:

Paula Thomas
11-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Kaytee - You could try the time honored method of leaving a pair of panties where then can be found by the person in your family most likely to accept your CDing.

Then let them open the dialogue, and start by replying that you just find them more comfortable than male underwear (and depend on their reaction to determine where to go next).

KayteeCD
11-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Now thats a good way, I suppose in a ray of light it could work. I am taking mental notes of all the replies that you great girls have given so far. I thank you all again and I will keep coming back to this post to see what the other girls have to say.

xxxx

MJ
11-06-2006, 12:24 PM
Hi there the truth is so hard to tell . i mean it is your deepest and darkest of secrets. the shock wave will be huge . it's not just your mom and dad but the entire family and friends. i know you want to be open but are you prepared for the fall out .. how many family members will you lose and friends ..
but on the up side you can be honest and be true to your self. you will make new friends who accept you for you . only you can decide if you are going to tell . i wish you well hugs

tall_brianna
11-06-2006, 01:13 PM
How about easing them into it. Instead of a big bang, "I'm a cross dresser" just slowly let show some of your feminine side. Like wearing a pair of low cut tight jeans that are clearly girl jeans. Wearing a bracelet or other piece of jewellery with a more feminine look too it. The next time your dad asks if you want to go to a baseball game, tell him honestly that it is boring that you'd rather pluck your eyebrows, or whatever. Than work your way up to leaving your panties out.

Even if they don't notice right away its okay because they'll pick up on it subconsciously. And it gives them time to accept it and adjust to it and also forces them to adress you.

You've had the luxury of time to think about how you will do this and what the consequences are, they haven't had any time to think about what they'll do and their consequences.

I admire your courage in facing down who you really are. Good luck!

-b

Sharon
11-06-2006, 01:48 PM
If you really feel the need to tell your parents, it is best not to play games with them. Forget about leaving clothes for them to find, or saying things that will just leave them wondering. I always feel it's best to just come out and say what you want to say, in as calm and thought out manner that you can muster.

Be honest with them and make sure you have thought out whether you really need to do this or not. If you are eighteen, then I would assume that you will not be in their house too many more years, particularly if you go away to college. If you're sure they won't take the news well, and unless you're planning to dress full-time, then you may want to give it some more thought.

Ask yourself whether you want to tell them for your benefit or their's.

crusadergirl
11-06-2006, 02:14 PM
I told both of my parents my mom seemed ok with it but i could tell she didn't like the idea. It took some guts to tell her and it was alittle easier telling my dad only because i had told alot of my friends. I couldn't take not telling them plus they were going to find out sooner are later.

KayteeCD
11-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Thanks for all of your replies so far, they have helped alot so far. As for what MJ said, yes it is my deepest and darkest secret and it is getting deeper daily. As Sharon also said yes in a couple of years I may be living away from home and I can dress up when I like without anybody noticing. I really am thankful for all the support you girls have offered so far I feel as if I am settled in to the crossdressers.com community already, suppose its because everyone here is exactly the same.

Loves xxxxx

tall_brianna
11-06-2006, 03:22 PM
I really am thankful for all the support you girls have offered so far I feel as if I am settled in to the crossdressers.com community already, suppose its because everyone here is exactly the same.

Yeah, once you get past our differences in where we see ourselves in the gender spectrum, our sexual preferences and our different support for the dumbest leader of the free world in history :), than yeah, we're all open, accepting, supportive and lovable people. And so are you. Welcome.

-b