PDA

View Full Version : Mall Marathon

BeckyAnderson
11-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Wow! I met with girlfrind and her wife yesterday and we took the whole day shopping at a mall. This mall was thirty miles from where I live and wouldn't you know it! I wasn't there 20 minutes and coming down some steps as I was going up was a friend from my home town. This woman helped me out so much during my brief political career. I really thought that I would be clocked by her. She was with her daughters and they walked right past me without even a blink, even though she looked at me as we passed. Wow! It felt so good that she didn't recognize me. These types of occurance go a long way in bolstering one's confidence. I really felt good after that.

At any rate we walked the mall for seven and a half hours, stopping and shopping in so many stores. We had lunch at Ruby Tuesdays and our waiter was so gracious. It's wonderful to hear, "Can I help you ladies?" or "Are you ladies ready to order" or "How is everything ladies"!

After lunch we continued to walk and shop. I noticed we were getting looks from a lot of people but no one gave us a second thought. However, a GG was walking towards me and as I glanced at her I couldn't help but notice that she was eyeing from but boots to the top of my head. My girlfriend's wife also noticed and I asked her, "Wow, what was that all about?" She said that the girl was checking you out. And, "You have to understand that woman dress for other woman and she was checking you over to see what you had on and how you looked. She's kind of rating you." First experience with that! Made me smile. Not only did that happen but it happened once again while I was there.

It was a fabulous experience, all in all. I'd highly recommend it to everyone.

By the way, the picture of the green green dress that I posted in the pictures section was purchased yesterday.

Hugs,
Becky

MJ
11-06-2006, 12:31 PM
hi Becky
wow shopping all day my visa could not handle it. i am glad you had a great time . i hope your trip will encourage others to do the same ..hugs

SherriePall
11-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Becky -- Glad you had a great time out shopping. Wow, 7 1/2 hours. I don't know if I could do that. I guess if you have some friends along it helps. I checked out the pic and left a post there, too.

Jillian310
11-06-2006, 02:47 PM
I know I could not have done that in heels! When I mall walk or mall shop I wear my walking sneakers with socks and stockings under. Dressed like that I could be on my feet all day. I do prefer heels, however, when going to restaurants either in malls or outside of them. I don't think many things surpass shopping or dining with a girlfriend, however. That is so much fun!

Jesse69
11-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Yeah, I got checked out by a woman when I wore my St. John suit. Do you have a pic of what you wore?

Phyliss
11-06-2006, 06:49 PM
7 1/2 hours???? THAT, honey, is true "Power Shopping".

BeckyAnderson
11-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Yeah, I got checked out by a woman when I wore my St. John suit. Do you have a pic of what you wore?

I have a couple of pictures, one of us just before we headed out and one of us sitting around resting our feet :D Heels can sure take their toll :happy:

Geez, I hope Cheryl doesn't mind me putting her picture up here. Well, maybe I should disguise her a little bit.....

Hugs,
Becky

Kristen Kelly
11-06-2006, 07:21 PM
You girls looked great, so whens the next shopping trip, I'll be right there.

BeckyAnderson
11-07-2006, 07:02 AM
Thank you girls, I had so much fun! I am so looking forward to our next trip. For those of you who haven't tried going out yet you simply must try it at least once. It's such a rush! Get together with a few girlfriends and head on out to do some shopping. You'll absolutely be hooked!!!!

Hugs to all,
Becky

Karren H
11-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Sweet!!! Sounds like a blast!!! Hope your VISA card wasn't severly injured! hehe

Love Karren